GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Given that we now know Bran spent years north of the wall, thanks to the testimony of Sam, the speed of the untiring undead army is now even more remarkably slow.

especially if you consider how they zerg rushed Hardhome.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Given that we now know Bran spent years north of the wall, thanks to the testimony of Sam, the speed of the untiring undead army is now even more remarkably slow.
This is assuming they are making a B-line toward the south. They are actually hitting up some grinding spots north of the wall to get their army levels up a bit. Some of those wights are like level 2 or 3 and will be quite ineffective in the warmer weather.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
If you watched the "after the thrones" segment the language that the writer/directors used seemed a little sketchy. they mentioned that GRRM had a plan for Gendry, but it seemed like from their language that he never shared it with them but that it was important to have him meet up with the rest of the crew. I'm assuming WATCHTEAM6 was GRRM's idea but the forming of the group they never got details on and had to wing it. They were like "oh Davos is going to be in fleabottom, we'll just have him meet Gendry there".

Also i dont know what you nerds are complaining about, yea the writing is not as good as the first few seasons with Bobby B but the show is still better than 99% of other television.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did you see the Night King just sitting up on his horse, looking smug as ever. Yeah dude, your powerful as fuck, but I would be kind of bummed all of his homeboys are slow movers. I mean, how many White Walkers are there? Crastor was feeding him babys for a while so maybe his WW incubator is ready to spawn more? White Walkers are at least very fast, if the NK had an army of White Walkers Westeros would have been a frozen iceworld dominated by ice zombies yeeeeeeaaaaars ago.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We have been complaining about the white walkers not moving for over a year. Do you not think there might be an explanation other than just them walking slow?

Something they are waiting on from further north. Some certain days into winter so they can sustain life long enough?

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
We have been complaining about the white walkers not moving for over a year. Do you not think there might be an explanation other than just them walking slow?

Something they are waiting on from further north. Some certain days into winter so they can sustain life long enough?
They were roaming around until the next book comes out.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you watched the "after the thrones" segment the language that the writer/directors used seemed a little sketchy. they mentioned that GRRM had a plan for Gendry, but it seemed like from their language that he never shared it with them but that it was important to have him meet up with the rest of the crew. I'm assuming WATCHTEAM6 was GRRM's idea but the forming of the group they never got details on and had to wing it. They were like "oh Davos is going to be in fleabottom, we'll just have him meet Gendry there".

Also i dont know what you nerds are complaining about, yea the writing is not as good as the first few seasons with Bobby B but the show is still better than 99% of other television.
That is the problem. We've seen what the show can be when the writing is excellent so we now have a comparison point. Who knows how the show would have fared if it was at this level from the start. I'm willing to guess it would have been something middling, like True Blood or whatever. Nothing fantastic.

If part of the Night King's plan ends up hinging on this stupid raid North of the Wall...ugh.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
To the extent that the Night King and his ilk truly are the 'Ice' in the Song of Ice and Fire we really have very little information or reference points for him/them. We have his origin as a WMD created by the Children to deal with the human problem and a few segments each season showing them fucking things up... but not much beyond that. Heck Bran is the only one who even knows about the origin of the things and since he managed to get the last Children killed and has gone full creepymode there's little chance anyone else will know.

I'm sure its another conceit for the compressed timeline, but Jon was very ready to accept that Bran was not only back but had superpowers.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
They don't have to fight. Jon is the legitimate King of the North, Dany is the Queen of the rest. Kind of a split, but equal, rule.

Right, so why jump through hoops to make him legitimate. Just to have her accept his position? He gives no fucks. It'd be nice for the culmination of his reveal to have actual impact. The story has played an awfully long con with it. The haughty princess, who's already queen of a lot of shit in Essos and thinks she owns westeros by birthright would have to deal with having zero claim. Probably not enough time left for it to be a point of conflict but it should be.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Did you see the Night King just sitting up on his horse, looking smug as ever. Yeah dude, your powerful as fuck, but I would be kind of bummed all of his homeboys are slow movers. I mean, how many White Walkers are there? Crastor was feeding him babys for a while so maybe his WW incubator is ready to spawn more? White Walkers are at least very fast, if the NK had an army of White Walkers Westeros would have been a frozen iceworld dominated by ice zombies yeeeeeeaaaaars ago.

They did have 8000 years to figure some shit out.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So sick of hearing about birthright in this show.

Birthright only matters to that person and maybe the few people supporting them.

This isn't something where their DNA is going to unlock a door that gives them access to F16's or something.

Birthright is only useful insomuch as people will follow you. You could make it up and if enough of the "right people" believe you it becomes canon. This doesn't mean you are destined to rule in any way or that you should rule.

I said this multiple times over the years. Birthright ONLY matters for peace time transition of power after a monarchs death.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
So Gilly basically confirmed that Jon is not a bastard at all? Seems she was reading about a secret wedding between Rhaegar and Lyanna. Not that it matters? Does anyone give a fuck about succession at this point when everyone is after everyone?!

Jozu

Right, so why jump through hoops to make him legitimate. Just to have her accept his position? He gives no fucks. It'd be nice for the culmination of his reveal to have actual impact. The story has played an awfully long con with it. The haughty princess, who's already queen of a lot of shit in Essos and thinks she owns westeros by birthright would have to deal with having zero claim. Probably not enough time left for it to be a point of conflict but it should be.

Oh, it will be. Like you said the whole R + L = J shit being the looooongest con ever, and with what Gilly just revealed, along with Jons interaction with Drogon (and Danys shocked look) is obviously going to lead to that very outcome.

It's baked in. This isn't something to speculate about, Jons parentage and true story will be revealed perhaps by seasons end and will be the driving force behind whatever angle HBO takes with season 8.

And Sunieg I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Bloodlines DO in fact give you super powes to F 16s, they are just dragons.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So Gilly basically confirmed that Jon is not a bastard at all? Seems she was reading about a secret wedding between Rhaegar and Lyanna. Not that it matters? Does anyone give a fuck about succession at this point when everyone is after everyone?!

Secret wedding and annulment.

Records it in ancient version of Twitter Live feed.

• 2Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It'd be nice if it didn't. Not everything on the show has to mean something. Maybe it means he's a Targ and....that's it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It'd be nice if it didn't. Not everything on the show has to mean something. Maybe it means he's a Targ and....that's it.
In a show that's moving 1000 miles per hour with very little subtlety at this point, I assume everything means something now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jozu

Lol. Good ol'Sunieg you walked right into that one.

Jons interaction with Drogon was actually well done, but it was so very heavy handed, it was basically a giant neon sign saying " HEY THIS GUY RIGHT HERE IS MY FAM, HE WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO RIDE MY BROTHERS"