GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Siliconemelons

Cersei and Jaime aren't even speaking to each other in the books, he burns the letter requesting him as her champion during her imprisonment. I highly doubt she's pregnant in the books, or even in the show. Just another reason for Jaime to be a cuckold as they continue to ruin his characterization.

Benjen will definitely show up next episode, I'm just not sure how they're going to survive that swarm of wights, aside from... well, if she shows up and roasts everything sure.

Also LOL at the Night King forcing Bran out of warging.

I am not buying Jamie's redemption in the book. Books you have as much time as you want - Jamie in the books will end up where he does in the show, unless of course GRRM trolls, and I would put money on it that he does. I 100% know that fan theorys and stuff from the show has made him make 180's in tons of his plot and outlines. We had his redemption when he let pod and "that big girl" go and gave them his sword...that was it, they didnt have time for the long drawn out "oh look at the flowers and how Jamie is determined not to go back to his sister.." nope "I think she is crazy.....GOOD IN BED" boom done.

The books are taking forever because he is constantly rewriting shit - 4chan needs to hack him and release all his notes and outlines so we can truely see how fucked up it all is.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
We'll see. I have hopes he eventually either kills or simply leaves Cersei, but you may be right. As my mother once said:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The rightful heir thing is dumb because the entire show is about how the rightful heir is whoever can fucking take the damn Throne.

Aegon Targaryen? Took the throne via dragonfire and made the Seven Kingdoms because fuck you. Robert Baratheon? Usurped the throne from the Mad King.

Cersei? Her only claim to the throne was being married to Robert if you want to get technical. Her children had no right to it. Stannis Baratheon was the true legal heir to the throne. Not that it did him any good.

Jon has less ability to take the throne than any of them.

That's why it would be irritating if all this shit was nothing more than a way to have Jon feel good about not actually being a bastard. It's the biggest swerve in the entire story.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am not buying Jamie's redemption in the book. Books you have as much time as you want - Jamie in the books will end up where he does in the show, unless of course GRRM trolls, and I would put money on it that he does. I 100% know that fan theorys and stuff from the show has made him make 180's in tons of his plot and outlines. We had his redemption when he let pod and "that big girl" go and gave them his sword...that was it, they didnt have time for the long drawn out "oh look at the flowers and how Jamie is determined not to go back to his sister.." nope "I think she is crazy.....GOOD IN BED" boom done.

The books are taking forever because he is constantly rewriting shit - 4chan needs to hack him and release all his notes and outlines so we can truely see how fucked up it all is.

The Wildfire Bombing of the Great Sept and half the nobility of King's Landing is what should have turned Jaime away from Cersei forever. But nah, the same thing he became a dishonored Kinglsayer for he's okay with because it's Cersei and it was just one building. She would never wildfire bomb anything else it was just that one time.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm

The only problem with your theory is that the books have been taking forever since the third was released well over a decade before the show started. Simpler explaination is that he has no way to finish this story in two books because of how bloated books 4 and 5 were.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Nope.

This is the third interpretation of the Valonqhar prophecy. It was never said whom Valonqhar it was... it's the little brother to Cersei's 3 children... and she's going to have her life squeezed from her by her unborn last son.

When they revealed she was pregnant I immediately thought the same. Though I think they could also go with her loosing the child and that be what pushes her into full on Mad Queen mode which then forces Jaime's hand (no pun intended).

But long setups and subtlety are completely out the window now so it will probably be the unborn brat that kills her (unless you want to interpret Jaime knocking her up as him being the fulfillment).

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It does bum me out that the last few Children died protecting a kid whose powers are, basically, being the most creeptastic peeping Tom ever.

"Yeah I can toss fireballs at will and performed ritual magic that created this problem in the first place... but its more important that you be able to look through crow eyes..."

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

The only problem with your theory is that the books have been taking forever since the third was released well over a decade before the show started. Simpler explaination is that he has no way to finish this story in two books because of how bloated books 4 and 5 were.

Its not the ONLY reason - the other reasons are in my other general theory that GRRM has no clue where to go and how to wrap it up because he has written himself into a corner - he gained an audience that he didn't intend to with the "politics and intrigue" and has been bluffing and fluffing for a few books - his entire cycle is pinned on the circle back to the very first chapter / prologue and THE TITLE OF THE SERIES - its about FIRE DRAGONS AND ICE ZOMBIES not ohh the insane political weaving of 54 houses, well it was 6, but when you need bullshit outside influences to magically appear you gatta make some (the not kingdoms of the 7 kingdoms that are kingdoms etc. etc.)

He has expressed annoyance at true guessed fan theories throughout the years... he is well beyond the beyond on his delay in relation to the other books... remember when the show started - people were like "as seasons go he has like 5 years, he should be good by then for at least the next book" as it was already out from the last book.

The major events will happen, Jamie will be back to his sisters side, he will lead his armies around (with well explained passages of time! and logistics!)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It does bum me out that the last few Children died protecting a kid whose powers are, basically, being the most creeptastic peeping Tom ever.

"Yeah I can toss fireballs at will and performed ritual magic that created this problem in the first place... but its more important that you be able to look through crow eyes..."

Warging is the power he needs. The idea that the Night King is just an immensely powerful Warg is pretty much certain now. Bran will fight to wrest control over the wights from him. Giving our heroes an opportunity to win. That's going to be his role.

Siliconemelons

They are morons, they are long lived but not wise... they have power but not control... they are truly just children with more power and destructive capability than they should

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
When they revealed she was pregnant I immediately thought the same. Though I think they could also go with her loosing the child and that be what pushes her into full on Mad Queen mode which then forces Jaime's hand (no pun intended).

But long setups and subtlety are completely out the window now so it will probably be the unborn brat that kills her (unless you want to interpret Jaime knocking her up as him being the fulfillment).

Was this prophecy ever mentioned in the show? The prophecy with young Cersei was about her children's fates I thought. Not about anything else.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Warging is the power he needs. The idea that the Night King is just an immensely powerful Warg is pretty much certain now. Bran will fight to wrest control over the wights from him. Giving our heroes an opportunity to win. That's going to be his role.

Why couldn't bloodraven do that though, wasn't he in the same position Bran is in now?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Was this prophecy ever mentioned in the show? The prophecy with young Cersei was about her children's fates I thought. Not about anything else.
I just rewatched the scene and it seems that betrayal is never mentioned.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It always struck me that there's no mention of the Red Comet in the show. Its the appearance of the comet that heralds the return of serious magic to the world and seems to portend the coming apocalypse.

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users