GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
IS that Lazy or just bad?

Maybe we just mean lazy differently. I was thinking of it as just half-assing it, like 'oh hey we need some quip for Bronn right here, just go with whatever comes to mind and send it to the printers'. I suppose people have generally meant 'lazy writing' in a more meta sense.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Maybe we just mean lazy differently. I was thinking of it as just half-assing it, like 'oh hey we need some quip for Bronn right here, just go with whatever comes to mind and send it to the printers'. I suppose people have generally meant 'lazy writing' in a more meta sense.

Fair enough.

I feel like this line was in a meeting and some faggot was like "Hey wanna know what would be fucking killer bro? Bronn is all like HEY FAG YOU WERE AT FANCY LAD SCHOOL" and some other faggot was like "CTRL S GOLD". Thats just shitty writers.

When I think Lazy i go to Destiny and "Whats going on, who are you, what am I supposed to do? and then "I dont have time to explain why I dont have time to explain".

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
You are probably correct but it just seems so easily explained away as "I was Joff's prisoner and it was either write this letter or die so I wrote the letter" and that would be the end of the conversation. This is also back when Sansa was far more meek than she is presently. I dunno I'm sure there is some angle LF is using that I'm just not seeing.

In a reasonable world they would have that conversation but Arya won't go ask her about it, it'll just remain unsaid like it always does on TV.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In a reasonable world they would have that conversation but Arya won't go ask her about it, it'll just remain unsaid like it always does on TV.
Jumping on the lazy writing bandwagon, this is absolutely what will happen.

What could be explained away by a rational conversation that two people would normally have will get the TV show treatment of, "we'll just talk around it." I don't even blame the GoT writers for that one, because almost every show does it now. TV show conflict is easy when you just make characters who refuse to have normal conversations.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
gotta admit, this past episode had some great things happen with characters getting back together all over the map, but the overall plan of capturing an undead, going north with 7 people, and the queens meeting to discuss an armistice, all of these major points that are driving the narrative, are some of the dumbest and laziest writing to ever grace this show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
gotta admit, this past episode had some great things happen with characters getting back together all over the map, but the overall plan of capturing an undead, going north with 7 people, and the queens meeting to discuss an armistice, all of these major points that are driving the narrative, are some of the dumbest and laziest writing to ever grace this show.

If the queen's meeting is anything other than Dany landing on Drogon with a wight clutched in its claw, it's gonna be lame.

Dany should hop off Drogon and be like. I could have killed you all. I could have burned your cities and all of you. But I want to show you... etc

Then cersei is like, oh fuck. We better take this seriously, right up until we get a chance to backstab. Then Dany and Jon start to trust her while Tyrion is warning them not to, and she backstabs and they end up having to fight Cersei at the worst time.

That'd be the hollywood ending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This might be petty...

But I was kind of annoyed that the one goldcloak that was harassing Davos also played Ned Stark in that shitty play Arya was watching last season in Bravos.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I feel like I need a solid meme made of Davos saying pardon my fleabottum accent and Dany screaming Dracarys over and over as Optimus Prime flies overhead. Give me this and I will give you the internet.(One like at a time)

• 1Worf

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This might be petty...

But I was kind of annoyed that the one goldcloak that was harassing Davos also played Ned Stark in that shitty play Arya was watching last season in Bravos.

I knew that guy looked familiar. You would think this show prints money enough to hire an extra to play a gold cloak for about 5 mins. I was a little disappointed that Davos didn't get his money back after Gendry destroyed them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
This might be petty...

I knew that guy looked familiar. You would think this show prints money enough to hire an extra to play a gold cloak for about 5 mins. I was a little disappointed that Davos didn't get his money back after Gendry destroyed them.
THANK YOU. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the guard seemed like I should know him. I kept thinking I was missing some plot shit.
Maybe it was the same man and he has 2 jobs or got hired as a guard. Maybe it was just HBO recycling, not sure. Probably doesn't matter, but I knew I had seen him before.

As for the gold it bothered me as well, then I realized after sandland they probably have mountains of it we don't see and to be honest all that is going on warwise and dead people, probably the last thing on their mind. Plus as we learned from Hillary murders, if you take someones money it is robbery, otherwise that guard probably had some emails raven scripts someone wanted.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
If the queen's meeting is anything other than Dany landing on Drogon with a wight clutched in its claw, it's gonna be lame.

Dany should hop off Drogon and be like. I could have killed you all. I could have burned your cities and all of you. But I want to show you... etc

Then cersei is like, oh fuck. We better take this seriously, right up until we get a chance to backstab. Then Dany and Jon start to trust her while Tyrion is warning them not to, and she backstabs and they end up having to fight Cersei at the worst time.

That'd be the hollywood ending.

Assuming their whole plan works and they bring a live WW back to King's Landing and Cersei does in fact get to see it -- you'd have to imagine she's already got some kind of backstabbing plot in mind or will get the ball rolling in her mind after the meeting/discussion for defending the north. It's pretty goddamn clear at this point she has no intention of giving up her position and will do anything possible to hold on to it. Really I think the only person to put an end to her is Jaime, and him alone. Her being torched by dragons or beheaded by Dothraki just doesn't seem like the route they'd go with.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I want to agree and believe me I am a critic of things, but to be fair there is only 8 episodes left and the dead is the story here behind the story that people are shit. Much to do and less time to do it in. I don't agree with it but it is what it is. I keep hoping they change their mind for next year and extend it some more episodes to cut down on it. The feedback on social media is pretty glaring that people are wishing it wasn't jumping and being so simple in dialect this season.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Like others have said I doubt LF has a plan he just tries to control the chaos. He's making Arya think he's got some shady master plan. To what end I'm not entirely sure, though.

It's more like Arya already sees him being shady and he takes advantage of that and baits her into a situation where she thinks she's being clever/stealthy, but she is just being set up.

The "lady stark thanks you for your service" line is good because (from Arya POV) at first it looks like LF using his position with Sansa to do something underhanded (or something along those lines) but after reading the content of the note it looks like Sansa was having him cover it up for her.

And like the other dude said now it's wait and see what stupid shit Arya does in response. She'll either see through the tricks and it will be the beginning of the end for LF or Arya will do something to Sansa that will fuck things up for the united houses in the north.

Despite me writing 3 paragraphs about it, I find it hard to care about Littlefinger anymore. He (and everything else happening in winterfell) are so disconnected from the important and interesting plot points that anything he does seems irrelevant in the big picture anyway.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I feel like I need a solid meme made of Davos saying pardon my fleabottum accent and Dany screaming Dracarys over and over as Optimus Prime flies overhead. Give me this and I will give you the internet.(One like at a time)
Who do you think would win in a fight, Optimus Prime or Drogon?

Oldbased

> Than U
Who do you think would win in a fight, Optimus Prime or Drogon?
Drogon. I am still planning on looking up what temperature would instantly ash people when direct hit but allow horses to run through unharmed minutes later. Obviously the residual fire is normal burning temp, but initially the burst from his mouth is enough to instant ash people but not melt hardened steel. I am shooting 1000-1500C then much less over time like a dot.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This might be petty...

The original actor for that part(the gold cloak) had to cancel due to scheduling conflicts:

170717091901-ed-sheeran-game-of-thrones-exlarge-169.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

LF scenes started to suck and became boring once there were no longer random fully nude ladies always randomly in the background.

• 5Worf
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
LF scenes started to suck and became boring once there were no longer random fully nude ladies always randomly in the background.
Been a lot less nudity lately too. Just one more mark in the 'cons' column for the last few seasons.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been a lot less nudity lately too. Just one more mark in the 'cons' column for the last few seasons.

This is what happens when the only guys getting any in the 7 kingdoms anymore are the guy fucking his sister and the eunuch warrior. At this point I'm convinced Sam is too triggered to even bang Gilly. Maybe now that he's ditching Oldtown he'll chill out a little and we can hear the rest of that passage and get 100% confirmation on Jon not being a bastard.

• 1Worf