GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Siliconemelons

Would you perhaps call it...lazy?

We need @Screamfeeder to determine if this was just a throw away line - or a super nuanced detailed saying that shows how inflation in kings landing and food shortages are indicating that just basic things like bread costs insane amounts (like Valenzuela?) yet Gendry leaves what WOULD HAVE been $$$$$$$ $$$$$$ worth of weapons just sitting there- as finely crafted steel and armor are worthless while the value of bread is more than gold.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

The books are taking forever because he is constantly rewriting shit - 4chan needs to hack him and release all his notes and outlines so we can truely see how fucked up it all is.

pretty sure GRRM is still using wordstar on legit dos pc, someone would have to break in to his house lol

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I like the idea of the story of Gendry but the execution was obviously shit. the "Our fathers were murdered and we are bastards. Lets bro the fuck out and save the day". He clearly will play a larger role in the books.

He is the rightful heir to the Throne, but since Robert Usurped, he is trumped by the Targs. But he is still the rightful heir to the Stormlands. I think he will be legitimized at the end of all of this.

WHen its all said and done, I think the lords of the 7 Kingdoms and Riverlands will be:

Iron Islands - Asha - Theon will finally save the day and die saving his sister and killing Euron.
Stormlands - a Legitimized Gendry Baratheon
Dorne - Falls into t he ocean, in the books will be the martell Prince.
Reach - With his family dead, Sam will be relieved from the Nights Watch but Dany/Jon as they make a new Wilding and Westerosi joint Wall guard (Without all the annoying crow shit. The now more confident Sam will claim his title as Lord of Hornhill and be named Warden of the south.
Westerlands - Never to be seen again.
North - Sansa will be Lady of WInterfel while Bran and Arya travel as weirdos.
Vale - Robyn Arryn, never to be seen again. Books they will instill the Swyft (edit: I meant Hardyng) kid or something.
Riverlands - Edmure will be freed and take back his home.
Crownlands - Dany and Jon will reign over the 7 Kingdoms and the Free Cities of Essos.

Considering how many Leige lords have been killed, the show really should show more chaos in the vacuum of entire hold without a lord. I mean, the Stormlands had their entire army wiped out, all of their Baratheons...so whats their deal? Ignoring them or did they fold into the Lannisters.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like the idea of the story of Gendry but the execution was obviously shit. the "Our fathers were murdered and we are bastards. Lets bro the fuck out and save the day". He clearly will play a larger role in the books.

He is the rightful heir to the Throne, but since Robert Usurped, he is trumped by the Targs. But he is still the rightful heir to the Stormlands. I think he will be legitimized at the end of all of this.

WHen its all said and done, I think the lords of the 7 Kingdoms and Riverlands will be:

Iron Islands - Asha - Theon will finally save the day and die saving his sister and killing Euron.
Stormlands - a Legitimized Gendry Baratheon
Dorne - Falls into t he ocean, in the books will be the martell Prince.
Reach - With his family dead, Sam will be relieved from the Nights Watch but Dany/Jon as they make a new Wilding and Westerosi joint Wall guard (Without all the annoying crow shit. The now more confident Sam will claim his title as Lord of Hornhill and be named Warden of the south.
Westerlands - Never to be seen again.
North - Sansa will be Lady of WInterfel while Bran and Arya travel as weirdos.
Vale - Robyn Arryn, never to be seen again. Books they will instill the Swyft kid or something.
Riverlands - Edmure will be freed and take back his home.
Crownlands - Dany and Jon will reign over the 7 Kingdoms and the Free Cities of Essos.

No. Robert Baratheon has another legitimized bastard from a noblewoman in the book. Book Gendry joined the Brotherhood without Banners as a smithy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
No. Robert Baratheon has another legitimized bastard from a noblewoman in the book. Book Gendry joined the Brotherhood without Banners as a smithy.

Oh thats right. the show combinerd Gendry and Elfric.

Well show Gendry gets the Stormlands and Book Elfric will.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I doubt Jon and Dany will get together in the end. Since Jon is now going to be the rightful heir to the Kingdoms (which has always been Dany's rallying call) I imagine she'll just go back and rule over her cities and Jon will get installed as a reluctant king of the 7 kingdoms.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Full contents of the letter, which I didn't see posted:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

• 1Picard

Tenks

What is Littlefinger's angle with the letter? To try and dislodge Sansa as lady of winterfell by showing she is loyal to Lannister?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
What is Littlefinger's angle with the letter? To try and dislodge Sansa as lady of winterfell by showing she is loyal to Lannister?

I think just trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

He's basically rolling the dice that he will be able to take advantage of whatever stupid fucking thing Arya is about to do.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tenks

I think just trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya.

You are probably correct but it just seems so easily explained away as "I was Joff's prisoner and it was either write this letter or die so I wrote the letter" and that would be the end of the conversation. This is also back when Sansa was far more meek than she is presently. I dunno I'm sure there is some angle LF is using that I'm just not seeing.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah, he wants to isolate her from her family and control her.

Its also why he was secretly meeting with Royce and Glover. He is sowing the discontent they expressed with Jon snow, and hes using them to try to get her to claim the title of Lord of Winterfel from Jon.

Glover is a faggot. Refused t he call. Shamed by a 12 year old. Begs forgiveness. Swears loyatly to Jon snow....

6 weeks later hes trying to oust Jon for Sansa.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Full contents of the letter, which I didn't see posted:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its also why he was secretly meeting with Royce and Glover.

Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit but he clearly knew Arya was watching him, so I doubt he's actually discussing anything of consequence with them at all, just putting on a show for Arya's benefit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Like others have said I doubt LF has a plan he just tries to control the chaos. He's making Arya think he's got some shady master plan. To what end I'm not entirely sure, though.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Jon Snow, the broodingist motherfucker this side of Ned Starks corpse marrying his aunt is the lamest and therefore most likely ending to all of this. Danys whole reason for being the insufferable cunt she is, is her claim that the throne is hers by right of inheritance. We all know she wants to be a queen as badly as Cersei but she uses her birth as the reason. If Jon is the legit heir she should, by her logic, relinquish her claim. Instead, hey fuck it, let's just get married AUNT Dany and its all good.

Jon Snow staying Jon Snow because he doesn't care what his true parentage is works, well within character. Being Rhaegars son will explain his dragon riding to everyone and lend him a bit of gravitas as well as wrapping up his own curiosity. He lets Dany have what she wants, he rules the north in whatever fashion ,fine. Why, then, go to the lengths of having Gilly and Sam beat billion to one odds to find out he's legitimate if it's not going to introduce strife.

• 1Picard

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jon Snow, the broodingist motherfucker this side of Ned Starks corpse marrying his aunt is the lamest and therefore most likely ending to all of this. Danys whole reason for being the insufferable cunt she is, is her claim that the throne is hers by right of inheritance. We all know she wants to be a queen as badly as Cersei but she uses her birth as the reason. If Jon is the legit heir she should, by her logic, relinquish her claim. Instead, hey fuck it, let's just get married AUNT Dany and its all good.

Jon Snow staying Jon Snow because he doesn't care what his true parentage is works, well within character. Being Rhaegars son will explain his dragon riding to everyone and lend him a bit of gravitas as well as wrapping up his own curiosity. He lets Dany have what she wants, he rules the north in whatever fashion ,fine. Why, then, go to the lengths of having Gilly and Sam beat billion to one odds to find out he's legitimate if it's not going to introduce strife.

Let me change my thought:

"I dont care who my parents are, I didnt go to fancy lad school, my home is the north"