GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I finally watched the episode last night and came here thinking I could finally read some discussion. Are you telling me I need to actually click on all those f'ing spoilers in the other thread?!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A thread spawning off from the main thread had but no choice but to be a more horrific manifestation.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally watched the episode last night and came here thinking I could finally read some discussion. Are you telling me I need to actually click on all those f'ing spoilers in the other thread?!

yes

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok here are more spoiler content
maxresdefault.jpg

63live.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Already asked and answered. In the original timeline he threw the spear at Drogon but Jon was able to deflect it. In the new timeline he throws it at Viserion instead.

Also, when did Ser Friendzone start calling her Your Grace instead of Khaleesi? Had that been going on for a while, or was that comment on the wall when she was inexplicably waiting for Jon to show up the first time he called her that? Probably just because they're in Westeros now

I'm pretty sure Jorah has called her Your Grace before, maybe since she became queen or Mereen, but I'm not positive

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Also, when did Ser Friendzone start calling her Your Grace instead of Khaleesi? Had that been going on for a while, or was that comment on the wall when she was inexplicably waiting for Jon to show up the first time he called her that? Probably just because they're in Westeros now

I think it's your last guess there. Referring to her by a Dothraki title would only help reinforce the perception of her as a foreign conqueror.

Oldbased

> Than U
What pople call dany isn't a spoiler. You're likely right though. Shit changed soon as she reached DS.
Looking back and I didn't look up the season spoilers until this week since there is only 1 episode left to spoil. The number of people correctly "guessing" shit in episodes 1-3 is insane. I would say after next week we'll be free but filming on season 8 starts in October this year and they are getting the scripts now/next week pretty much as they get them 4-6 weeks in advance. I look forward to about 1 week after next Sunday when we can predict what happens before the leaks roll out and suddenly half of the people become prophets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looking back and I didn't look up the season spoilers until this week since there is only 1 episode left to spoil. The number of people correctly "guessing" shit in episodes 1-3 is insane. I would say after next week we'll be free but filming on season 8 starts in October this year and they are getting the scripts now/next week pretty much as they get them 4-6 weeks in advance. I look forward to about 1 week after next Sunday when we can predict what happens before the leaks roll out and suddenly half of the people become prophets.
Yeah, very good guessers. Although this shit is really predictable now that it's source material is tv show tropes.

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah, very good guessers. Although this shit is really predictable now that it's source material is tv show tropes.
I'm still on the fence about buying the books. As soon as book 6 hits and I suspect it will in the next 6 months, it should clear up much of the details missed in this season. Going by name alone I sort of think the 6th book may be seasons 6+7/part 8 and the final book if ever completed may go well beyond what the show does.

GRRM is bound by HBO so he isn't even able to give input or contribute to Nightflyers on SYFY. If they greenlight one of the side projects of GoT/ASoFaI then he won't ever be out of HBOs grasp the rest of his life.
HBO prohibits creative thinking following that line. This is why we can't have nice things Scream.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
the book people who eat this shit up likely all have seen it, but the lurkers who just watch the show and have no interest in reading the books even though they have been out for 6 years will probably scream with rage if we started openly discussing the show. funny thing is its gonna be interesting watching people discuss stuff we hashed out several days ago .
I've read the books and have not watched any leak. Rather it is torrenting. Habitual motherfuckers gonna torrent. I don't usually torrent stuff anymore, maybe once or twice a year. Not at all ragging on those that do, dish tv plus netflix about covers all I care to watch.

• 1Solidarity

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So, I haven't watched the show in a long time because I just wanted to read the books. But a friend of mine doesn't have HBO and didn't feel like waiting for the Blu-Ray release, so I watched with him and caught up.

I feel like something is really wrong with this season. The pacing feels really off.

I find it really hard to believe that a guy can run back to the wall, send off a crow to Dany, and Dany can get back to where they are in such a (seemingly) small fucking time frame dragons and crows be damned. It's not even just that, Jon got to Dragonstone seemingly fast as fuck. Its like everyone just has fast travel now. There's no journey or anything. What the fuck is going on here?

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I haven't watched the show in a long time because I just wanted to read the books. But a friend of mine doesn't have HBO and didn't feel like waiting for the Blu-Ray release, so I watched with him and caught up.

I feel like something is really wrong with this season. The pacing feels really off.

I find it really hard to believe that a guy can run back to the wall, send off a crow to Dany, and Dany can get back to where they are in such a (seemingly) small fucking time frame dragons and crows be damned. It's not even just that, Jon got to Dragonstone seemingly fast as fuck. Its like everyone just has fast travel now. There's no journey or anything. What the fuck is going on here?
Welcome to apparently the past 30 pages or whatever. Season 6 introduced this and Season 7 basically said "fuck it completely". It's not like there aren't still a ton of side plots and characters to interweave into the timeline too.

So in books 4 and 5, they were originally going to be 1 book but it got out of hand, so he split it into 2 concurrent ones. It kind of feels like we're only getting half of what's going on right now except poorly even then.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

oh hey, your concerns have been noted in the last 50 pages

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

So rumor has it they were going to put in more Sam working day montage to accompany Jon/whoever traveling around this season, but they figured that most people wouldn't actually like 3 filler episodes of boring travel that does absolutely nothing to advance the plot when people watching could just mentally realize it was a "sometime later" thing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
When it landed I wanted him to like fist bump a whitewalker or do like a quick chest beat with his fist. Would be hilarious if he just busted out a NBA style run and jump into each other celebration with a walker lol. He's just too serious, Jon has competition for most brooding character on show. It was such a lucky throw he could of just pegged the one closer that wasn't flying.
Well,
He's (un)dead. No juices flowing, no adrenaline rush, no endorphines flying around. The biggest emotional shock is probably going to have him raise an eyebrow vulcan-style

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have never read the books, and I don't know a ton on the lore aside from the show & some Wiki reading, but what's the prevailing thought here on the "Prince Who Was Promised/Azor Ahai" thing? Read about the "born of smoke & salt", Dany's vision of Rhaegar saying there are 3 heads of the dragon etc. Just curious.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So rumor has it they were going to put in more Sam working day montage to accompany Jon/whoever traveling around this season, but they figured that most people wouldn't actually like 3 filler episodes of boring travel that does absolutely nothing to advance the plot when people watching could just mentally realize it was a "sometime later" thing.

But if they don't then it means everything happens in real time like an episode of 24

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in the early seasons we had many scenes of traveling and we got an idea of distance. this season we got hound on his way to the north. he stopped at an inn he previously robbed and it ultimately caused the family to die. good scene. arya has 3 scenes of travel on her way from the riverlands to winterfell. some good scenes. jon snow,: hey guys i need to travel to dragonstone to meet the new queen. his next scene, hi new queen. sup? i need to travel to east watch. next scene hi eastwatch. sup? not the same. you can mock it all you want, but mostly everyone is noticing it. its a real problem.