GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not a real problem, it's just the reality of what has to be done. They have to let go of nuance in favor of just bulldozing ahead so they can finish and wrap everything up.

It's not ideal and it breaks immersion a bit but I think we can just all accept everyone teleports everywhere now. Gendry the marathon runner, Jamie the epic marathon runner after a quick swim. Etc

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
They very first episode is literally the Starks get a raven saying Robert is coming to Winterfell and then arriving. Cersei says they rode for a month to get there

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
in the early seasons we had many scenes of traveling and we got an idea of distance. this season we got hound on his way to the north. he stopped at an inn he previously robbed and it ultimately caused the family to die. good scene. arya has 3 scenes of travel on her way from the riverlands to winterfell. some good scenes. jon snow,: hey guys i need to travel to dragonstone to meet the new queen. his next scene, hi new queen. sup? i need to travel to east watch. next scene hi eastwatch. sup? not the same. you can mock it all you want, but mostly everyone is noticing it. its a real problem.
I don't get why people are even defending it. We know why they are doing it, but it is shitty considering it is more extreme than before and everything feels rushed. Like they removed the story mostly. As I said earlier/last week/whenever, when people watch something for 7 years, you expect some sort of consistency in it. We are not getting it. Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of posts on twitter/facebook/reddit and here are calling it out. Especially this season. It's obvious, it's annoying and yes HBO even warned us. Everyone I know( real world not shitty net world ) is bitching about it on their shit and I don't talk about GoT to them. So why the fuck defend it, it is a perfectly acceptable gripe and I think time will not favor it once everything is said and done, but that is an opinion.

The real damage here is now people will not trust HBO as much when it comes to long successful series. There will be a percentage that grumbles as the seasons go on knowing HBO may decide at any time to just say fuck it. Here is the story in a Story for Dummies format. They would have been best off in the long run cutting 6/7 down some and making 8,9 and 10. Yes, between the cut times but paying actors 3 more billings it would have cost another 12 million but that is chump change for HBO is making and to be honest, people like me who used free weekend+free month HBO made not a cent off of to view it, where as 10 episodes I would have paid a month as would have others. Sidenote- I saw HBO commercials on Cinemax tonight, don't recall ever seeing that before.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
so did the NK have some salvage divers in reserve or something?

Also I do not have high hopes for them tying everything up with just 8 episodes. Lots of wtf moments ahead

Oldbased

> Than U
so did the NK have some salvage divers in reserve or something?

Also I do not have high hopes for them tying everything up with just 8 episodes. Lots of wtf moments ahead
Best not to think too hard about it, sort of like having chains out of nowhere. We don't know how much time passed between the downing and the chaining though. Knowing GoT it could have been 2 hours or 5 years.
7 episodes after tonight, which you obviously saw, so even less time. On the bright side of it all, I expect once the real battle begins there will be less warping around and time gaps as pretty much it will be just 2-3 factions going on.

Oldbased

> Than U
Nope. Euron used all the trees and wood for his 1000 ships
Almost as great as the scene in Dragonstone few episodes ago where Dany was told her troops would starve. 5 minutes later and 1000 miles away she roasts 100 wagons full of grain/supplies in a battle she was going to clearly win.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I hope this show ends with the WW killing everyone except Redbeard and Sapphire giantess who commandeer the Kraken flagship and sail off to the Summer Isles.

The final scene will be a revealing of G. RR Martin being the hidden Night Emperor who then sits on the Iron throne looks to the camera and starts chortling with glee. The camera then starts to slowly zoom in on his cold blue eyes but suddenly swings downward zooms in on his huge belly shaking and vibrating before blacking out.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I hope this show ends with the WW killing everyone except Redbeard and Sapphire giantess who commandeer the Kraken flagship and sail off to the Summer Isles.

The final scene will be a revealing of G. RR Martin being the hidden Night Emperor who then sits on the Iron throne looks to the camera and starts chortling with glee. The camera then starts to slowly zoom in on his cold blue eyes but suddenly swings downward zooms in on his huge belly shaking and vibrating before blacking out.
Might as well add in he has Tyrion in a spiked collar with a 15 foot chain off to his side just out of reach of a glass of wine.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't get why people are even defending it. We know why they are doing it, but it is shitty considering it is more extreme than before and everything feels rushed. Like they removed the story mostly. As I said earlier/last week/whenever, when people watch something for 7 years, you expect some sort of consistency in it. We are not getting it. Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of posts on twitter/facebook/reddit and here are calling it out. Especially this season. It's obvious, it's annoying and yes HBO even warned us. Everyone I know( real world not shitty net world ) is bitching about it on their shit and I don't talk about GoT to them. So why the fuck defend it, it is a perfectly acceptable gripe and I think time will not favor it once everything is said and done, but that is an opinion.

The real damage here is now people will not trust HBO as much when it comes to long successful series. There will be a percentage that grumbles as the seasons go on knowing HBO may decide at any time to just say fuck it. Here is the story in a Story for Dummies format. They would have been best off in the long run cutting 6/7 down some and making 8,9 and 10. Yes, between the cut times but paying actors 3 more billings it would have cost another 12 million but that is chump change for HBO is making and to be honest, people like me who used free weekend+free month HBO made not a cent off of to view it, where as 10 episodes I would have paid a month as would have others. Sidenote- I saw HBO commercials on Cinemax tonight, don't recall ever seeing that before.
HBO warned that they cut out distances and timelines? need a link for that shit. and even if they did warn us, is that supposed to nullify how annoying it made everything?

• 1Picard

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
in the early seasons we had many scenes of traveling and we got an idea of distance. this season we got hound on his way to the north. he stopped at an inn he previously robbed and it ultimately caused the family to die. good scene. arya has 3 scenes of travel on her way from the riverlands to winterfell. some good scenes. jon snow,: hey guys i need to travel to dragonstone to meet the new queen. his next scene, hi new queen. sup? i need to travel to east watch. next scene hi eastwatch. sup? not the same. you can mock it all you want, but mostly everyone is noticing it. its a real problem.

In the earlier seasons we had 3 extra episodes (4 next season?), and a larger cast to show moving around doing stuff in the interim of the big names traveling. It's far more condensed now, we're getting a lot of the major players on screen together, and there really aren't as many side stories. Hell we used to have multiple story lines playing out just in King's Landing in earlier seasons, just don't have that to go on anymore.

I know people are noticing, it but it's really only a problem if you let it be. Knees too sharp, lens flare ruining my experience person. To each their own, but I'd say most people watching the show don't want to watch boring scenes of "I'm on a boat" or "I'm on a horse". The only real side stories that weren't directly connected to the two main factions (Cersei v. Dany/Jon and their subordinates) were Sam in Oldtown (still about him becoming a maester for Night's Watch), and Sansa with Arya/Bran/LF in Winterfell (which is still kind of directly tied to Jon, but also it's own separate little thing). Just not as many smaller stories to fill gaps, and less time to show it all anyways...skip the filler, give us the good stuff.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In the earlier seasons we had 3 extra episodes (4 next season?), and a larger cast to show moving around doing stuff in the interim of the big names traveling. It's far more condensed now, we're getting a lot of the major players on screen together, and there really aren't as many side stories. Hell we used to have multiple story lines playing out just in King's Landing in earlier seasons, just don't have that to go on anymore.

I know people are noticing, it but it's really only a problem if you let it be. Knees too sharp, lens flare ruining my experience person. To each their own, but I'd say most people watching the show don't want to watch boring scenes of "I'm on a boat" or "I'm on a horse". The only real side stories that weren't directly connected to the two main factions (Cersei v. Dany/Jon and their subordinates) were Sam in Oldtown (still about him becoming a maester for Night's Watch), and Sansa with Arya/Bran/LF in Winterfell (which is still kind of directly tied to Jon, but also it's own separate little thing). Just not as many smaller stories to fill gaps, and less time to show it all anyways...skip the filler, give us the good stuff.
when Hound and Arya teamed up they were on their way to the Vale and they spent half the season on that trip. many things happened that built the bond between them and showed character growth of the two. this last two seasons jon snow travelled to every corner of westeros and its NBD. nothing happened and he's just at his destination. imagine if arya and Hound did that on their trip to the Vale? i dont understand why you are so on board with this bullshit. its like, well HBO only has x number of episodes. why bother travelling when they need to film more important scenes of sam cleaning shit and pod training with brienne? they need that boring travel stuff, we also need to know when all this travelling takes place and if how it fits in the timeline of things happening.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
when Hound and Arya teamed up they were on their way to the Vale and they spent half the season on that trip. many things happened that built the bond between them and showed character growth of the two. this last two seasons jon snow travelled to every corner of westeros and its NBD. nothing happened and he's just at his destination. imagine if arya and Hound did that on their trip to the Vale? i dont understand why you are so on board with this bullshit. its like, well HBO only has x number of episodes. why bother travelling when they need to film more important scenes of sam cleaning shit and pod training with brienne? they need that boring travel stuff, we also need to know when all this travelling takes place and if how it fits in the timeline of things happening.

and Jaime/Brienne, the s1 trip from Winterfell to KL took several episodes...the S1 trek of Cat/Tyrion to the Vale.

But the characters are fully developed now - we know their backstories and personalities. This is the end game.

• 2Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It's because Jon's character IS established now, the next way to establish more is his interactions with Dany, and Tyrion...which can't happen on the road to Dragonstone, but only at Dragonstone.

Hell
just look at tonight's episode. A lot of the best parts are the dialogue as they're traveling north. Why? Because so many of those combinations of 7 characters haven't been on screen together before. Thus we get to see these conversations and interactions.

They tried to further the Grey Worm/Missandei characters and story and people bitched about eunuch sex. As Ossoi notes, these characters are mostly developed at this point, we're in the end game, and with fewer episodes to show it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Almost as great as the scene in Dragonstone few episodes ago where Dany was told her troops would starve. 5 minutes later and 1000 miles away she roasts 100 wagons full of grain/supplies in a battle she was going to clearly win.
Dany is not very smart.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Star Trek would have been kind of boring if every time the ship went from one point to another, you spent 6 episodes on the journey. It worked initially for this series because we got to really know the characters. Story points were made to allow us to get to the end game. As long as the travel time does not get too out of wack it is fine. Crows can teleport by the way. It is never mentioned by any source but if Dragons and Fireballs exist, then Crows can teleport. YAY FANTASY!!!!!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

This train of thought is completely backwards. They showed the traveling because what was taking place was relevant to the characters.

Now it's not so there's no reason to waste our time with it pointless filler and it's too late to still be expanding with more side stories and flocks of new characters.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The travel time thing is moot at this point. They have to get shit done in 8 episodes. Regardless of how rushed or cheap it feels, they can't waste time on any filler at this point. Can't believe there's only 1 episode left after tonight and likely another year+ for the final season.

• 1Like