Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
traveling mysteries solved

20992820_1491571600937077_4487459659023131730_n.jpg

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
how beric has a FA is unexplained because there is no explanation suitable without unraveling the entire fucking show.

I feel pretty strongly that Show Beric has taken over Book Stannis' arc - thus he has the fire sword that Stannis' was kind of turning into in the books, without much explanation for Beric other than lol lord of light.

At least, that's what I tell myself to feel better. Stannis 4 life!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also why was cersei never a Baratheon. She's been Cersei Lannister all through books and show. Caitlyn took her married name. Arryns wife too.

For the same reason that Elia Martell stayed a Martell despite being married to Rhaegar. You don't take the name of a royal family when you marry into it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Isn't Beric's flaming sword essentially produced by a form of blood magic as well? Originally he lit it by cutting his hand open as he passed it down the blade though in the last episode they seemed to have dispensed with that.
its all over the place. there was no FA in the books and in the show Thoros only can light up his sword with wildfire. mel only lit up stannis sword for effect to get people to follow him. i dont think it was a magical sword or something that was inherent in the steel or wielder. so "show" beric with a flaming sword that destroys WWs should not exist. also beric's blood if it can light up swords should make his sword no more special than stannis's.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
looks like where the flame was started from his costume for effect.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is going to sound strange, but I believe the fire sword was a practical effect, as opposed to CGI. If it were practical, then the sleeve was made from a flame retardant material. However, by pulling his hand up the sword, the sleeve "cupped" some of the vapors of whatever made the sword have fire. It's probably a gas line, similar to a tiki torch. Anyway, the "lightning" look was the gasses that had been cupped by the sleeve actually burning off. Not a big deal.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Beric Dondarion was called the "The Lightning Lord" because he his attacks were struck hard and fast... like a blitzkreig....

Guess that confirms that he is a nazi.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People thinking that's lightning but calling Longclaw eye opening a reflection.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Does someone have video of that scene at normal speed? Watching something 1000 times in a row will make you see shit that was never intended. This is Lost-level stupidity when you start inspecting shit in slow motion and on loop.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Anyone know what the music is called when the Dragons attack - was in the scene above and also the Beyond the Wall Dragon/NK battle

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Does someone have video of that scene at normal speed? Watching something 1000 times in a row will make you see shit that was never intended. This is Lost-level stupidity when you start inspecting shit in slow motion and on loop.
Confirmed they are all just lost on Westeros.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Anyone know what the music is called when the Dragons attack - was in the scene above and also the Beyond the Wall Dragon/NK battle

its called "Dracarys"

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, they CGI'd that lightning bolt and the eye movement just so that super autistic fucks could figure it out and feel special while it had absolutely no bearing on the story whatsoever. Seems like a great idea.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its why i asked if that was a shoop. because you cant really see it at normal speed but its there if you look for it.
tmp_rudj0v_6172fd8a769a9707_game-of-thrones-beric-fire.gif