GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh sorry, Jorah said it not the hound :-D

still... where these fools getting fire swords. I want one

The books leave it kind of ambiguous as to whether the fire magic is the power of the Lord of Light, or just a mummer's trick (as they mention Thoros doing and ruining his swords). The theme though is that magic is getting stronger as the books progress, but it is unclear whether it is the Lord of Light, magic returning because dragons are back in the world, or something else entirely - you see it with Thoros going from drunk charlatan to having the power of resurrection (without really understanding how), Melisandre mentions how she was pretty much just a trickster and half-fraud until her shit started to work for real, and Stannis' sword starts out as something like Thoros' fake shit in CoK, but starts turning really magical by the end of Dance - glowing, giving off heat, etc.

The show though is pretty much just straight up 'this is the power of the Lord of Light' and doesn't much delve into the other ambiguities. The strong faithful magically set their swords on fire and that is that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The books leave it kind of ambiguous as to whether the fire magic is the power of the Lord of Light, or just a mummer's trick (as they mention Thoros doing and ruining his swords). The theme though is that magic is getting stronger as the books progress, but it is unclear whether it is the Lord of Light, magic returning because dragons are back in the world, or something else entirely - you see it with Thoros going from drunk charlatan to having the power of resurrection (without really understanding how), Melisandre mentions how she was pretty much just a trickster and half-fraud until her shit started to work for real, and Stannis' sword starts out as something like Thoros' fake shit in CoK, but starts turning really magical by the end of Dance - glowing, giving off heat, etc.

The show though is pretty much just straight up 'this is the power of the Lord of Light' and doesn't much delve into the other ambiguities. The strong faithful magically set their swords on fire and that is that.
The show doesn't have time to deal with that stuff. Some is better for it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is still a possibility of a great finale. They better have a spectacular payoff for that Wight capture adventure. If that turns out to just be a means to an end (Dany losing a dragon to NK) I will be very disappoint.

I'm thinking Cersei dies this last episode, or something VERY unexpected happens. This has to be a fantastic episode or s7 will easily be the worse season.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is still a possibility of a great finale. They better have a spectacular payoff for that Wight capture adventure. If that turns out to just be a means to an end (Dany losing a dragon to NK) I will be very disappoint.

I'm thinking Cersei dies this last episode, or something VERY unexpected happens. This has to be a fantastic episode or s7 will easily be the worse season.

Given the length, something major will have to happen...but I'd imagine it'll be more about setting up next season than a lot of conclusions just yet.

Jozu

Given the length, something major will have to happen...but I'd imagine it'll be more about setting up next season than a lot of conclusions just yet.

I'm not so sure. Think about it. They have 7 episodes left including Sunday's right? So if this finale is just setting the table for next season, not only will they not have enough time to resolve many of the story lines, but then it also renders this season down to basically filler.

So, I'm thinking this last episode is shocking from say, a Euron standpoint. He betrays Cersei kills her and causes Jamie to escape and change sides and fight for Dany, takes Kings Landing and sits the iron throne. Not sure how Dany or her army fits into that but it would be a shocking turn of events.

Next season the walkers make it south, fuck up shit Dany fights them with Jon while Euron is playing King. Eventually kings landing is sacked as Euron is outplayed being new to the game of thrones and we get the vision scene of a destroyed throne room after all. (Whether he is outplayed by another character or owned by the NK, who knows)

Either way next season has to just be Dany Jon and friends fighting the undead army as winter continues to close in. By that time the Lannister/Kings Landing arc is dead, and it's basically a fight for survival between Dany/Jon and the NK to save the rest of Westeros.

I could be completely wrong here, but that is just an example of a shocking turn of events in the finale that brings a great deal of resolution to many plot lines very quickly. Kind of like when Cers blew up the Sept with the play of the game multi multi kill and basically wrapped up the entire high sparrow, faith bullshit that festered for an entire season. It was a great idea and awesome to watch and totally unexpected. AND it served a great purpose and I predict we see something similar Sunday.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Are you serious? It's the season finale. Of course some big shit is going to happen

Jozu

Are you serious? It's the season finale. Of course some big shit is going to happen

Well, usually it's the penultimate episode where the "big shit" happens with the finale picking up the pieces and giving us our cliffhanger.

There have been a couple seasons, like last season and maybe the one where Tyrion killed Tywin in that the spectacle is in the finale. Obviously it will be momentous, I just think this episode is going to shock us with some very unexpected turn of events that wraps up a lot of plot lines in one fell swoop in order for the ice vs fire finish in the last season.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Friend of mine is betting on the VERY unexpected. Dany dies (poisoned by Qyburn under Cersei's orders, or somesuch).

The reasoning is that we should be getting a major not-entirely-expected death: Jaime, Jon, Dany, Cersei, Sansa, or Tyrion (Arya would be unexpected but majorly stupidly wasted, the rest are strictly secondary , although we're probably losing 2-3 of them). The most shocking deaths would be Jon or Dany, but Jon's parentage is still hanging in the balance, and Bran hasn't dropped the other half of the puzzle (Sam has the "legitimate baby" bit, Bran has the "Jon is Targaryen" bit), which means he can't die before everyone is starting to imagine him on the Iron Throne.

We've already established that Jon will go on riding a dragon (Drogon likes his "cousin"), and Tyrion is still potential dragon rider per S6 (if Varys doesn't obey him and club him on the head first). Jon would lose the Dothraki and potentially the Unsullied, keep the Greyjoy fleet and dragons, say "fuck your stupidity, when I'm done, I'll be back" to Cersei and head to the North.

I'm not entirely buying it, because it would make a very chaotic and stupid S8... but then, we're taking the Onion's articles almost seriously by now.
Jaime has already said he's expecting his next season scripts 2-3 weeks before they start in october, so we do know one who's not dying

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why doesn't Arya just use the captured wight's face to get close to the NK and stick him with a valyrian dagger?

I'll go with Dany dying next episode and Jon takes over the dragons. Her bad acting has been really ridiculous the last few episodes.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Jozu

If you guys think Dany is going to die Sunday you should put down the crack pipe.

Cersei is unlikely but Dany? Mine as well predict everyone dies and they just say fuck season 8 all together.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If you guys think Dany is going to die Sunday you should put down the crack pipe.

Cersei is unlikely but Dany? Mine as well predict everyone dies and they just say fuck season 8 all together.
Nobody has a plot armor thick enough to withstand GRRM.

Alas, GRRM isn't around to chuck ice spears to "invulnerable" characters.

Cybsled

Most of the characters still around are probably penned as end game characters. Unless he decides to 180 and change that, people like Tyrion/Dany/Jon are going to make it to the end or very close to it.

Jozu

This story is about Jon. One thing I can predict for sure is Jon finally learns his true parentage. It might be waved away as lolBran but then somehow Sam's Intel is going to confirm one way or the other. This itself will have huge consequences.

One reason I believe this is Jons sudden warmth for Dany, deciding to go ahead and bend the knee for no apparent reason, when his point was just proven about the undead army, he is a king he could of proposed marriage or at least an alliance oath at the very least. But to go ahead and yield after everything he stood for it just doesn't feel organic.

The way they held hands, the obvious clues to his parentage and the sexual tension is all leading to the obvious conclusion of his parentage being revealed to throw a wrench in him bending the knee, as then SHE should have to bend the fucking knee.

So that is going to happen. Something else has to happen with Euron. He isn't the big bad, the show has established that's the NK, so he is a plot mover, he HAS to have an impact one way or the other before this season concludes. What that impact is we will find out, bit I have a feeling he is going to betray Cersei and sweep her off the board and then take the Iron Throne as Jamie escapes, vowing revenge and joining Dany. If not that he is going to die, his character arc isn't flourishing into next season I just don't think he is a high level player that is going to hang around until the end.

Oldbased

> Than U
This story is about Jon. One thing I can predict for sure is Jon finally learns his true parentage. It might be waved away as lolBran but then somehow Sam's Intel is going to confirm one way or the other. This itself will have huge consequences.

One reason I believe this is Jons sudden warmth for Dany, deciding to go ahead and bend the knee for no apparent reason, when his point was just proven about the undead army, he is a king he could of proposed marriage or at least an alliance oath at the very least. But to go ahead and yield after everything he stood for it just doesn't feel organic.

The way they held hands, the obvious clues to his parentage and the sexual tension is all leading to the obvious conclusion of his parentage being revealed to throw a wrench in him bending the knee, as then SHE should have to bend the fucking knee.

So that is going to happen. Something else has to happen with Euron. He isn't the big bad, the show has established that's the NK, so he is a plot mover, he HAS to have an impact one way or the other before this season concludes. What that impact is we will find out, bit I have a feeling he is going to betray Cersei and sweep her off the board and then take the Iron Throne as Jamie escapes, vowing revenge and joining Dany. If not that he is going to die, his character arc isn't flourishing into next season I just don't think he is a high level player that is going to hang around until the end.
Jon is Ice. Dany is Fire. NK is Ice. Bevis is Fire. Nights Watch is Ice. Cersei is Fire. Winter is Ice. Summer WAS Fire. Sober Tyrion is Ice. Drunk Tyrion is Fire. Vanilla is Ice. Pitbull is Fire. It all makes sense now to me. I see everything. I remember what it was like being me, but I am not Olebass anymore.

• 1Worf

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Whut? Jon bends the knee because of what Tormund said. Don't be prideful at the expense of your people (i.e. like Mance)

• 1Like

Jozu

But....he ...didnt need to? She obviously wants to fuck him. She agreed to help him. Why bend the knee and not just join up? Like she would really fucking burn him and his people if he didnt bend the knee but decided to be an ally for her cause instead? lol

The Jon parentage reveal is going to happen, so he probably doesnt bend the knee anyway.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
But....he ...didnt need to? She obviously wants to fuck him. She agreed to help him. Why bend the knee and not just join up? Like she would really fucking burn him and his people if he didnt bend the knee but decided to be an ally for her cause instead? lol

The Jon parentage reveal is going to happen, so he probably doesnt bend the knee anyway.
Retard half-breed. Jon bends the knee because he is a leader who cares about his people. Everything he does is for the greater good, which he realizes bending the knee is at this point.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Right now it makes sense to bend. Later, when he's revealed to be the legit heir it's going to get awkward quickly. Dany can't ride that "it's my throne" high horse any longer. They're already foreshadowing some shit with the succession talk she had with Tyrion. She can't reproduce, plus she's his aunt. Since she's a heroine I expect that the issues are probably discussed but she dies heroically before it becomes a true problem. That or she bows out and goes back to Essos to rule over all the shit she already conquered there leaving Jon to marry someone with an operable womb.