GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sometimes... I have to agree with @Screamfeeder that some of you guys do not pay attention when things are going on

bgrpbny-jpg.151979

People should be jumping all over this shit- it essentially says Siero was a facelessman or in with them - he, is "no one"

Just like her speech to her sister was playing the game of faces, its just does Sansa have enough functional grey matter to peice together her sister saying "Hey lets play a game where we lie and make it sound like truth..... I WANT TO RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND DANCE AROUND IN YOUR FANCY DRESSES!" ...
i saw that, i just assumed it was either a fuck you to the "syryio is jaqen" theorists like with davos and his "rowing" joke to gendry or they just didnt really care about getting it correct when they sure as fuck didnt care about getting other things correct..

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i saw that, i just assumed it was either a fuck you to the "syryio is jaqen" theorists like with davos and his "rowing" joke to gendry or they just didnt really care about getting it correct when they sure as fuck didnt care about getting other things correct..

I always assumed she got the bulk of her combat training in bravos and it was a reference to that, not syrio.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always assumed she got the bulk of her combat training in bravos and it was a reference to that, not syrio.
she got her introduction to all that from syrio, she may have learned more and trained more in braavos under the waif, but it was syrio who began her on the journey. pretty sure she was referring to her time as FM because that happened recently and syrio was season 1 and he had only a few scenes. i doubt they thought their audience would remember him.

Siliconemelons

So...

Thoros had a fire sword during the seige of the iron islands?

Beric and thoros have fire swords they can light, whenever they want.

Didn't having a sword of fire mean something to a prophecy? Didn't Mel fake it with stannis the beach scene? Are berics and thoros's swords "fake" as well? In terms of the prophecy?

Why didn't they use their swords for fire and warmth on the damn ice island!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I predict every scene for the next 7 episodes ends with a dragon in it. The writers know without source material they are shit so they are just going to throw in a dragon as they have been all season so people will say man this was a shit episode, but mah dragons!

• 1Picard

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
At this point, the writing is so fucking bad, I'm waiting for Legolas to make an appearance.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Was reading some old stories about how GRRM thought they wouldn't use up all the published book material until season 7.
at which point he would have put out Winds of Winter, which would been seasons 7 and 8 and by then we would put out the last book before season 9.

forgot about when people talked about show could be 10+ season long

They used that shit up way too fast but he could have never kept up even with a ten year plan. The guy started the basic groundwork of ASOIAF in 1991. He had the first 3 books out for public consumption in less than 10 years. Almost 17 years later we are still waiting for book 6. They started the series 20 years after he started and he still wouldn't have finished before a ten year arc was done. The guy is fucking lost so I'm not going to be too hard on the HBO guys.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So...

Thoros had a fire sword during the seige of the iron islands?

Beric and thoros have fire swords they can light, whenever they want.

Didn't having a sword of fire mean something to a prophecy? Didn't Mel fake it with stannis the beach scene? Are berics and thoros's swords "fake" as well? In terms of the prophecy?

Why didn't they use their swords for fire and warmth on the damn ice island!
there is only one true wielder of a fiery sword and it aint beric dondarien, thoros, stannis the mannis or brad fucking mcquaid. thoros had fiery swords that he poured wildfire on and it helped him win tourneys. afterward he would have to get his swords replaced because they were ruined. mel lit up stannis's sword with blood magic to fool people into thinking he was the Prince That Was Promised. how beric has a FA is unexplained because there is no explanation suitable without unraveling the entire fucking show. maybe he sploit killed this guy.
id3566.png

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the EQ jokes were only mildly funny to begin with and that time has long since passed.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Production value is through the roof.

The script leaves much to be desired. The entire Arya / Sansa conflict could be resolved with a few OBVIOUS questions and answers between the two of them.

Characters behaving stupidly because plot.

And the "Gendry run, get help" thing was super, super, super retarded. And while a few of the lines did amuse me, the whole "these 2 characters have a pithy discussion while trudging up the hill" just fell flat. That's the wrong way to do it. That's campfire talk over the course of a longer journey. It's like they were passing Jon Snow around...

But they don't have time to do it right. Obviously. Because of six previous seasons of meandering bullshit wasting so much of it.

But. The episode LOOKED great, and the action scenes were well done. It's just the structure of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Production value is through the roof.

The script leaves much to be desired. The entire Arya / Sansa conflict could be resolved with a few OBVIOUS questions and answers between the two of them.

Characters behaving stupidly because plot.

And the "Gendry run, get help" thing was super, super, super retarded. And while a few of the lines did amuse me, the whole "these 2 characters have a pithy discussion while trudging up the hill" just fell flat. That's the wrong way to do it. That's campfire talk over the course of a longer journey. It's like they were passing Jon Snow around...

But they don't have time to do it right. Obviously. Because of six previous seasons of meandering bullshit wasting so much of it.

But. The episode LOOKED great, and the action scenes were well done. It's just the structure of it.

I'll have to disagree with the "pithy discussion" while trudging up a hill. I figure that's exactly how it would all go, especially given how many of them hadn't been around one another before. That was really the best part of the episode, all the spectacle aside.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea it was nice to see awesome characters talk to each other. But they were talking to each other because plot.

Like many have mentioned the characters stopped driving the plot since this season started. They are now just thralls to the plot, taking actions to serve the narrative.

They could of weakened Dany in so many different ways. Think about it. You could of still had Thoros, Beric and The Hound meet up, he can even still have his vision in the flames. But that vision is of ice and fire....and a wall and a castle (eastwatch).

The NK has some walkers and a good portion of his wights assault the Castle. Tormund holds the best he can, Brans ravens go out, Jon tells Dany he needs to go, they all go to Eastwatch, battle happens dragon falls, all ends to same result. You introduce Gendry somehow in ep 7 and then take it from there as far as the Cersie shit and Kings Landing goes and leave us waiting for the ultimate confrontation for s8.

But no lets capture a zombie with 7 dudes in a blizzard against the NK and hundreds of thousands of other undead, make it out alive, show Cersei.......profit?

Lolwut.

But who knows maybe that all happened so they could wrap up Coldhands' character arc. Benoiff even said it himself. "He saved Bran and now he saved Jon".

Last edited:
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I liked the content of it too,there were some good lines. But it was the same hill. this is a sequence that would have benefitted with the passage of some time. Its like Jon was going man to man and they were giving him life lessons.

A,lot of that I can ignore, teleporting fleets and whatever. But this sequence REALLY needed to breathe.

I mean pithy as in pith. Get straight to the point, no bullshit. No nuance. Just the pith.

Pithy can also be derogatory, I guess.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yea it was nice to see awesome characters talk to each other. But they were talking to each other because plot.

Like many have mentioned the characters stopped driving the plot since this season started. They are now just thralls to the plot, taking actions to serve the narrative.

They could of weakened Dany in so many different ways. Think about it. You could of still had Thoros, Beric and The Hound meet up, he can even still have his vision in the flames. But that vision is of ice and fire....and a wall and a castle (eastwatch).

The NK has some walkers and a good portion of his wights assault the Castle. Tormund holds the best he can, Brans ravens go out, Jon tells Dany he needs to go, they all go to Eastwatch, battle happens dragon falls, all ends to same result. You introduce Gendry somehow in ep 7 and then take it from there as far as the Cersie shit and Kings Landing goes and leave us waiting for the ultimate confrontation for s8.

But no lets capture a zombie with 7 dudes in a blizzard against the NK and hundreds of thousands of other undead, make it out alive, show Cersei.......profit?

Lolwut.

But who knows maybe that all happened so they could wrap up Coldhands' character arc. Benoiff even said it himself. "He saved Bran and now he saved Jon".

In your scenario Danny would never go to the wall. She doesn't believe in the dead or abandoning her cause. It's. It until her sex pot goes north that she even cares. Then when he needs help she abandons her followers to save him. Maybe they could have had wall call for help, Jon says he has to go and then he calls for help and she shows up and it's the same. But then they would have no plot device to include a meeting with cersei

Not saying what we got was best option, but they had to find a way to get Danny to wall and then all at kings landing for a meeting.

Also why was cersei never a Baratheon. She's been Cersei Lannister all through books and show. Caitlyn took her married name. Arryns wife too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought the discussion scenes were awkward as well. So when the Brotherhood characters saw Gendry at the keep they all met up at they just said "Well we're all here time to get moving!" and didn't discuss what they did at all? It wasn't my biggest gripe of this episode but it did feel unnatural.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In your scenario Danny would never go to the wall. She doesn't believe in the dead or abandoning her cause. It's. It until her sex pot goes north that she even cares. Then when he needs help she abandons her followers to save him. Maybe they could have had wall call for help, Jon says he has to go and then he calls for help and she shows up and it's the same. But then they would have no plot device to include a meeting with cersei

Not saying what we got was best option, but they had to find a way to get Danny to wall and then all at kings landing for a meeting.

Also why was cersei never a Baratheon. She's been Cersei Lannister all through books and show. Caitlyn took her married name. Arryns wife too.
It just doesn't make sense why Dany would go north of the wall. Nothing that could have been sent with the raven would have changed how she originally felt.

"Oh, hey, we actually did find the zombies and it went poorly. Please send help."

Well no shit, that was the only logical conclusion for the retarded plan. On what planet did Jon think he'd be able to just isolate a single zombie from the horde and it go well? It was a foregone conclusion. When they left, Dany was basically like, "Yup, probably won't see you again because this is a suicide mission...good luck!"

Honestly, the show is enjoyable in the moment because "dragons and shit" but in the days following when I start thinking about what actually happened, the writing just gets shittier and shittier.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It just doesn't make sense why Dany would go north of the wall. Nothing that could have been sent with the raven would have changed how she originally felt.

"Oh, hey, we actually did find the zombies and it went poorly. Please send help."

Well no shit, that was the only logical conclusion for the retarded plan. On what planet did Jon think he'd be able to just isolate a single zombie from the horde and it go well? It was a foregone conclusion. When they left, Dany was basically like, "Yup, probably won't see you again because this is a suicide mission...good luck!"

Honestly, the show is enjoyable in the moment because "dragons and shit" but in the days following when I start thinking about what actually happened, the writing just gets shittier and shittier.

This all assumes Dany has absolutely zero interest in actually seeing for herself whether everything Jon had been saying could be real. Which makes less sense than anything else. Of course there's a part of her that's going to want to go (not to mention the heavy foreshadowing of her and Jon getting together) and see for herself that the dead and NK are real.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
mel lit up stannis's sword with blood magic to fool people into thinking he was the Prince That Was Promised. how beric has a FA is unexplained because there is no explanation suitable without unraveling the entire fucking show.

Isn't Beric's flaming sword essentially produced by a form of blood magic as well? Originally he lit it by cutting his hand open as he passed it down the blade though in the last episode they seemed to have dispensed with that.