GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lynna and Rhaegar naming the kid Aegon thing, perhaps Rhaegar knew his other family was going to be put to the sword so he basically was just like "lol name him Aegon, my other Aegon is probably dead".

Which doesnt really make sense as he died on the Trident, which happened before Kings Landing was sacked and his babes killed.

I literally cant think of ANY other reason for that name. We needed a Bran voice over at the end to tell the viewers which aspects are bad writing and which are part of a larger plot string that will make sense in the future.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

GRRM also has hinted that we will learn why the seasons take so long to change, and said its "very interesting" and isnt related to global warming/freezing or weather changes. So the NK is possibly even more critical of a character than we thought.

Sterling

El Presidente
Lynna and Rhaegar naming the kid Aegon thing, perhaps Rhaegar knew his other family was going to be put to the sword so he basically was just like "lol name him Aegon, my other Aegon is probably dead".

Which doesnt really make sense as he died on the Trident, which happened before Kings Landing was sacked and his babes killed.

I literally cant think of ANY other reason for that name. We needed a Bran voice over at the end to tell the viewers which aspects are bad writing and which are part of a larger plot string that will make sense in the future.
Maybe it's kind of like how all of George Foreman's kids are named George.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

You think its just that? My girl said that but thats....just fucking weird from Lyanna's standpoint.

Lyanna: "Babe, what are we going to name our baby boy?"

Rhaegar (with a stoic look on his face): "Aegon"

Lyanna: "Oh....isnt that the name you chose with your last wife for your first boy you just ditched to be with me?"

crickets.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You think its just that? My girl said that but thats....just fucking weird from Lyanna's standpoint.

Lyanna: "Babe, what are we going to name our baby boy?"

Rhaegar (with a stoic look on his face): "Aegon"

Lyanna: "Oh....isnt that the name you chose with your last wife for your first boy you just ditched to be with me?"

crickets.

those are 21st century Xe/Xir SJW concerns

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only fun thing to predict is who lives at the end. As far as major characters go, you pretty much have to expect Cersei, Mountain, Varys, Melisandre, Euron to all die. I expect only one of Jon/Dany to live through it all, and decent chance the Hound dies while killing the Mountain. Torn on whether Jaime makes it, my gut says heroic sacrifice so Tormund and Brienne can be a thing. Beric almost surely bites it fighting NK, or helping Jon get to fighting NK. I sort of hope Theon dies, probably saving his sister.

Brad2770

Aejon Starkgaryen.

What a time to be alive in Westeros.

ay-jon.jpg

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm so glad that they fully explained Jon's lineage before they fucked. It really got me much harder during that scene.

I enjoyed the finale, I guess. Seeing Little Finger get it was pretty satisfying. The dragon/wall shit was very predictable, but still cool to see.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
100% alive

Ya it showed him and fire sword had made it (just barelly hollywood style) to the western point of the wall that still stood. Like, leaped off the falling part ah la The Rock's "San Andreas" action movie. I'm sure their little subplot will be having to hike 100s of miles to the next watch camp where they can get down, or if they somehow have climbing equipment. Either way i'm sure they'll get it figured out and get down in about 20 minutes and meet up with the rest of the rat pack who have miraculously survived.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Love the new title. Right on the money. I look forward to the next 16+ months (if those 2019 guess are true) of shitposting and terrible theories about why Bran the NK made everything happen this way.

So he could get a dragon and fly, thus fulfilling the prophecy.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Clicked randomly on suggested youtube.
Grace posits a theory I like.

Night queen Cersei. Allies with NK, giving up her baby to immortal-wight. Would call back to Crasters kids being turned into Others. as well as the nights king backstory.

Not gonna watch cause I have a rule about dumb cunt blond youtube cunts, but I like this theory. Cersei would pull some shit like that.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Did you miss the charge of killing the Lord of the Vale, Jon Arryn?

No. Still small potatoes compared to essentially starting a world war. Like I said, the vale bannermen were there so she had to out the stuff she had direct knowledge of before wizard bran dropped the real bomb.

Siliconemelons

They could have cut the multiple scenes of Tyrion standing there all blueballs scowling at the door and shown us more of whats going on inside the door- the flashed a nip, so they already were paying her, her "real actress" additional pay this episode- could have just had some more cowgirl action.

Bran not being all knowing - he does not just magically know everything - Bran did not, not know Jons full real name - he did not know that he was legit - the mother could have avowed his lineage in name but the father still must decree it, so yes he would have still been a Sand- even with knowing his given name. That is until he saw that the wedding was annulled and he did marry stark and it was legit, and he would have been a legit son if he did not get hammer smashed by Robert.

It is stupid it all came down to "you took my sister!" starting the entire thing.

Our non-villan is proving again she is the good guy by not killing either brother... Jamie should have gotten the damn point 1/3 through that conversation...hell 1/2 or even 3/4! he should have feigned his loyalty - told his commanders whats-what and gotten the fuck out of dodge like he did.

Now he will ride up, find his bro- be like "dude bro..." tell them the stuff he knows about her plots to "prove" his loyalty... but our hero sir sea is not dumb, she will change things because of his leaving, so that will cast doubt on Jamie being legit.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, if the dragon had never been introduced North of the wall, would the undead have been capable of getting through the wall? I suppose the giants would have over a long period of time just broken down the gate. If they had filled the tunnel with ice, even the giants might not have been able to contend with the Wall. So, to review, if nobody had done anything, the Undead could not have invaded and the Humans would still have to play the original game of thrones where the Dragon Queen would have most likely won. Would have sucked for the Wildlings.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not gonna watch cause I have a rule about dumb cunt blond youtube cunts, but I like this theory. Cersei would pull some shit like that.
Night Queen Cersei would be too interesting to stop the show on, can't have that. Would she go North? Would a new "Craster" appear, leaving females for her to turn into a harem of White Walkers? The possibilities!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Our non-villan is proving again she is the good guy by not killing either brother... Jamie should have gotten the damn point 1/3 through that conversation...hell 1/2 or even 3/4! he should have feigned his loyalty - told his commanders whats-what and gotten the fuck out of dodge like he did.

She kills tyrion and risks getting herself and her city burned up by dragons, and Jamie is her baby's daddy (and his leaving is probably going to end up somehow being part of her evil plan anyways), so still confirmed self serving evil.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Night Queen Cersei would be too interesting to stop the show on, can't have that. Would she go North? Would a new "Craster" appear, leaving females for her to turn into a harem of White Walkers? The possibilities!

Or is it interesting enough to launch a new serious in 5+ years after the war prequel ends? HBO crazy like a fox.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I fully expect the Golden Company to back stab Cersei. They are mercenaries after all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
this was top level TV

the dialogue was decent, episode had a nice flow, only severe autists could complain about it

i do expect 18 months of complaints

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users