GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess they've been playing it safe, and in the end the Starks, Jon, and Dany will most likely survive. I think it'd be more impactful if Jon or Dany didn't make it. Of course Jaime and Bron should have died in the dragon attack episode in my opinion, so what do I know? I'd still love to see Pod and his magic dick of wonders make the iron throne, after showing Jon how it's really done, but yeah happy endings can never happen in Westeros.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yet they have Jesus child here and aren't asking him questions nonstop. That's how dogshit the writing is, you make it so Bran knows anything and everything yet you aren't checking with him to see exactly what Cersie is planning, you don't use him to check the loyalty of every mother fucker in Westerous. The fact that they made him know everything is really piss poor design.

He doesn't know everything... he can see everything... but that takes time.
How is Bran supposed to know what to look for? He's not going to just view every single person's entire life. Wtf.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with the necrodragon is it doesn't have to be bad writing but they haven't given us any hints that it isn't. Maybe they will in several episodes in 2019 or whatever but if you have to explain your questionable story points posthumously you perhaps did not do well in the first place.The dragon could have been a sweet bonus, but they already had a way through the wall - the power of winter or something to break through the magic, who knows. But all we got was dragon = wall broken with absolutely nothing else to go on, so it's deux ex to the extreme as far as anyone knows. Same goes for Tyrion's weird behavior on the boat - normally I would say it 100% suggests he made some deal with Cersei that he doesn't like, but with the level of writing this season, it could be legitimately fucking nothing. The Greyjoy storyline could have been OK if they didn't make it awful ages ago and this bit of it is cliche as hell and seems pretty pointless compared to everything else going on - which again, assuming good writing, could imply it turns out much more important than it would seem but with the actual writing we have been seeing it will probably be a feel-good redemption arc that accomplishes nothing.

Overall the best episode of S07 but S07 was pretty terrible so I'll go ahead and say it was actually a pretty good episode overall. I wonder if the fact that the only reason Cersei isn't totally screwed is because she basically has Rick working for her ever come up. Kyburn (?) is responsible for every advantage she's gained and every defense she's mounted so far within KL and her own politics. Actually if it weren't for him the war would probably be over because Cersei would be fucked off / dead and whomever else was in charge would probably be way the shit more willing to bend the knee to dragon lady and her weird super deadly armies.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
He doesn't know everything... he can see everything... but that takes time.
How is Bran supposed to know what to look for? He's not going to just view every single person's entire life. Wtf.

Just the key players, you know like the heads of the armies they are fighting. The Main fucking Villians, Jesus retard Christ you are a fucking imbecile. He doesn't need to check on jon the peon shithouse builder, but you might check on the people who want your family dead.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Years of build up to the Jon/Daenerys sex scene and that's what we get? That's how you know how far this show has fallen. (obviously not enough dick amirite?)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Right, in the show - did they name Rhaenys and Aegon as the kids? And we know the mountain killed them- yet in the books Aegon is still alive?

So Rhaegar divorced/annulled Elia's marriage and ran off to take the stark chick... people think she was kidnapped + crazy mad king leads to the rebellion-- where in the rebellion did the mountian kill elia, rhaenys and aegon? start? end? we know the tower of joy was after the rebellion was over- as that's when Ned went wondering off looking for her.

So...yeah... still a odd choice for a name

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just the key players, you know like the heads of the armies they are fighting. The Main fucking Villians, Jesus retard Christ you are a fucking imbecile. He doesn't need to check on jon the peon shithouse builder, but you might check on the people who want your family dead.
Do his visions have fast forward? I have yet to believe he can instantly know everything about anyone's life. He glimpses things he's heard about & was shown (by previous 3eyed). He's not just going to watch someone's entire life unless there's a moment he can focus in on.

Siliconemelons

Years of build up to the Jon/Daenerys sex scene and that's what we get? That's how you know how far this show has fallen. (obviously not enough dick amirite?)

Lol that's what I was saying, she should have been on top and some nice good ol slowmo time like the good ol softcore s1+2+3 times... but no...we get Tyrion scowling with blue balls (why? is he upset?)

also it was a big build up to it, then bah... but maybe it was saying something for Jon to be on top?

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lol that's what I was saying, she should have been on top and some nice good ol slowmo time like the good ol softcore s1+2+3 times... but no...we get Tyrion scowling with blue balls (why? is he upset?)

also it was a big build up to it, then bah... but maybe it was saying something for Jon to be on top?
It's saying they've turned into shitty writing prudes. That said, this was the only episode this season that felt like the good GoT, too bad the action for a season finale was shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Do his visions have fast forward? I have yet to believe he can instantly know everything about anyone's life. He glimpses things he's heard about & was shown (by previous 3eyed). He's not just going to watch someone's entire life unless there's a moment he can focus in on.

Really, because a moment ago he seemed to fast forward through every fucking moment of Littlefingers fucking history down to "Chaos is a Ladder" which was a pretty a abstract discussion with him and Varys, but you know Bran knew that moment to focus on because reason? Get the fuck out of here.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's saying they've turned into shitty writing prudes. That said, this was the only episode this season that felt like the good GoT, too bad the action for a season finale was shit.

Season finales haven't had much action. It was always Ep9 with the moneyshot. Last season we had the Sept blow up in first 10 mins then it was dialogue the remaining 50mins.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I think Rhaegar and his children by Elia were dead by the time Jon was born, Lyanna may have come up with the name by herself. Since Aegon is one of the most used Targaryen names, she may have picked it (like there are many Brandon Starks).

Seriously, like half of them are called Aegon or some close variation. Spoilered for size..

wholata incest.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Really, because a moment ago he seemed to fast forward through every fucking moment of Littlefingers fucking history down to "Chaos is a Ladder" which was a pretty a abstract discussion with him and Varys, but you know Bran knew that moment to focus on because reason? Get the fuck out of here.

Are you watching the same show as me? Last I checked, there were some very monumental things that happened in Bran's family that may have put his attention there.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Are you watching the same show as me? Last I checked, there were some very monumental things that happened in Bran's family that may have put his attention there.

Yeah you fucking scum cunt. Little finger isn't the only prominent character trying to kill one of the family.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I can't remember. Ghost is dead right? Arayas direwolf the only one that made it?

Earlier discussions mentioned Ghost is NOT dead and that there was a scene shot similar to Arya's but between Jon/Ghost, which got cut. Someone in this thread mentioned it so no idea how accurate.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
feels like the day after an expansion was beat and all thats left is farming repops. i'll be working on my Night Elf Warrior Mining skills in Goldshire if anyone needs me.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Ghost is actually the secretly legitimate heir to the wolf throne but his real name is Nymeria so to avoid confusion with Arya's wolf they decided to just cut his scenes.

• 1Picard

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Actually it's because of the actress. Emilia Clarke said she wouldn't do any more of those hardcore scenes or be naked anymore in the show - without her ability to cherry pick what she could do or not. (Last one she did was the fire scene that "Empowers women" or something to that effect in an interview.

It's in her contract now. So.... that's probably why.