GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Obviously Cersei is in over her head. She has been since Tywins fucking corpse stunk up the Sept. She has made a ton of dumb decisions and this will be her coupe de grace.

She could of just initially feigned a show of support until the pieces started to move around and Eurons fleet plus the Golden Company were on the board.

Instead she is just going to betray Dany from go, losing Jaime in the process. Her death next season will be oh so sweet, as Jaime chokes the shit out of that cunt until her face turns blue.

Also, once again RIP Woolygimp. He would have been a joy right about now.

Oldbased

> Than U
Obviously Cersei is in over her head. She has been since Tywins fucking corpse stunk up the Sept. She has made a ton of dumb decisions and this will be her coupe de grace.

She could of just initially feigned a show of support until the pieces started to move around and Eurons fleet plus the Golden Company were on the board.

Instead she is just going to betray Dany from go, losing Jaime in the process. Her death next season will be oh so sweet, as Jaime chokes the shit out of that cunt until her face turns blue.

Also, once again RIP Woolygimp. He would have been a joy right about now.
I say it takes place at Cleganebowl. Hound beats Mountain then with Mountain gone Tyrion climbs up her leg and double hands choke her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still sad whatever his name was got banned. Can you imagine how fucking salty he must be about those script leaks he called '100% fan fiction' being completely accurate?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
If arya kills somebody with powers and makes a face out of them, would she inherit those powers? :emoji_thinking:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bran isn't omniscient. Everything he has displayed knowledge of is stuff he would have reason to go looking for. I wonder what happened to Arya, oh she's a trained assassin now. I wonder what happened to Sansa, oh that's hot, I wish my dick still worked. I wonder what happened to Dad, oh Littlefinger betrayed him. I wonder what other shit Littlefinger was up to, oh hey that 'Chaos is a Ladder' line is pretty slick I'm gonna remember that.

Yes and as soon as he was asked to look into it we got the flash back and found the answer. He is so swamped with info that unless he tries to parse out something specific it gets lost in the noise.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bran's got GoT wikipedia. He has access to everything, but he still has to look it up first. He doesn't immediately know it all.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If Ned knew that Jon was Rhaegar & Lyanna's son, why did he just allow him to go to the wall like a chump? I get it, he can't treat him special because he knows Robert hates Targaryens and all that. But why let him just freeze his balls off in the squalor of the wall with no warning or anything? Jaime and Tyrion both tried to warn Jon, but Ned did not. Other than plot, what do we know that might explain that?

Because the Nights Watch vows expressly state that the person renounces their House, all titles, all inheritances and pledges themselves to the Nights Watch, which is independent of the Realm and its politics.

See also Cersei Lannister offering Ned a place on the wall, or Randall Tarly sending Sam to the wall to get rid of him.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also he knew Roberts Rebelion was based off a lie if that's the case, he probably wanted to avoid the shit storm all that would caused.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
No. Still small potatoes compared to essentially starting a world war. Like I said, the vale bannermen were there so she had to out the stuff she had direct knowledge of before wizard bran dropped the real bomb.

Ok, I was addressing the murder of Lysa "to get the Vale on board". They would have been on board as soon as they learnt of the preceding crime of murdering their Liege Lord

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also he knew Roberts Rebelion was based off a lie if that's the case, he probably wanted to avoid the shit storm all that would caused.

Lie or not he had good reason to destroy the Targaryens. Two actually - his father and uncle. Plus the madness of Aerys

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Except LF wanted her gone. She was always in his way. LF wanted Sansa to kill Arya and Brienne was a road block since she was bound to protect Arya (and served as a counselor against LF). Why did LF want that? Because he wants power and the iron throne. Jon nearly choked him out and Arya is Jon's favorite, so killing Arya gets rid of a formidable person and creates a wedge between Jon and Sansa (as well as bringing Sansa closer to LF), hopefully leading, in LF's eyes, to Sansa becoming Queen.

Is this somewhat silly? Yes. But why would LF bring up Brienne with her staying being the goal? If you think Sansa outfoxed him by sending her away then that means LF must have wanted her around. That makes no sense. Brienne is never one that was going to be swayed by LF.

You guys are trying to rationalize way more than these writers did. Bran didn't reveal anything before the meeting. Arya and Sansa weren't working together for this entire season. Sansa was getting played until she applied the "worst possible motive" theory to LF and realized she was a dumbass. That's the extent of the depth these writers are capable of. You can read into things that aren't shown on the screen but if you stick to what's actually shown, that's what makes the most sense. Hearing the D&D dudebros talk about this arc all season also makes me think this was what they were going for as well.
All LF wanted to do was fuck Sansa and her mom in one room.

This world has no justice.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I fully expect the Golden Company to back stab Cersei. They are mercenaries after all.

I'm not even sure they'll make it. Euron is just as likely to stab Cersei in the back as anything else, he might decide to try to work for a younger, hotter queen who also has no qualms about hopping into the sack with whoever.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think old LF did pretty well overall since he had no way of knowing or even expecting that Bran the Cripple would have come back to Winterfel with magical powers bordering on omniscience.

Yet they have Jesus child here and aren't asking him questions nonstop. That's how dogshit the writing is, you make it so Bran knows anything and everything yet you aren't checking with him to see exactly what Cersie is planning, you don't use him to check the loyalty of every mother fucker in Westerous. The fact that they made him know everything is really piss poor design.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Lynna and Rhaegar naming the kid Aegon thing, perhaps Rhaegar knew his other family was going to be put to the sword so he basically was just like "lol name him Aegon, my other Aegon is probably dead".

Which doesnt really make sense as he died on the Trident, which happened before Kings Landing was sacked and his babes killed.

I literally cant think of ANY other reason for that name. We needed a Bran voice over at the end to tell the viewers which aspects are bad writing and which are part of a larger plot string that will make sense in the future.

I'm hoping the whole Aegon name is just the show writers being bad and picking an obviously Targ name. If that's Jon's real name in the books it makes even less sense considering the "first" Aegon survived and is also contending for the throne. Has the show ever named Rhaegar's two dead kids?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Rhaegar and his children by Elia were dead by the time Jon was born, Lyanna may have come up with the name by herself. Since Aegon is one of the most used Targaryen names, she may have picked it (like there are many Brandon Starks).

Seriously, like half of them are called Aegon or some close variation. Spoilered for size..

upload_2017-8-28_21-59-32.jpeg

• 1Like