GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chris

Potato del Grande
Actually it's because of the actress. Emilia Clarke said she wouldn't do any more of those hardcore scenes or be naked anymore in the show - without her ability to cherry pick what she could do or not. (Last one she did was the fire scene that "Empowers women" or something to that effect in an interview.

It's in her contract now. So.... that's probably why.
Isn't that bullshit? She did a bunch of nude scene with Daario after that.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Everything is going to fall until the living dragons are brought to bear, as shown nothing can fight air power in GoT universe except plot-driven ice javelins.

It's just going to come down to, can or will Drogon burn Viserion, and if so then does dragonfire kill the WW or do they need to be dealt with man to man with valyrian steel/dragonglass. What role will Bran play?

Remember there's only 6 episodes left so this will all be resolved without any major buildup.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't that bullshit? She did a bunch of nude scene with Daario after that.

It is and it isn't. The nudity in the show was getting rather gratuitous, and if she wanted any hope of having a career that didn't involve nudity in every single project, it was a smart move. She never said anything prudish about not liking nudity, merely that it should serve a purpose. It really is bordering on muh soggy knee for people to get so bent out of shape over her wanting more control over her career.

dP0Wpu2.jpg

• 12Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 13 users

Oldbased

> Than U
If this is true we need a recount on all of the time traveling complaints for Dany getting anywhere on dragonback.
From my best estimate it traveled over a mile distance given appearance then down and up and along the wall using the wall as a 700 foot guide in under 9 seconds or ~400 mph. I'd have to go back and see how long it was from cloud drop to finishing the first low budget cgi zoom pass to be sure, but that screws up everything when she can cross the entire 3400 miles from wall to sandy beach south of 3400 miles in just over 8 hours. Doesn't account for her armies though which it is obvious the men without dicks travel much slower than the horde dudes.

Also we run into a new problem. Is a dead dragon which feels no pain able to fly much faster than a fatty one which does. I assume yes since it doesn't tire so the NK is able to floor it anytime he wishes. This means he could fly ahead to KL hit the throne room which Bran saw seasons ago burned and vacant anytime he wishes in just a few hours time.

Also outside of sexy no dick time have we ever seen a unsullied eat, sleep, drink or do anything but stand around with like 4 weapons and a shield? Talk about slavery.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also outside of sexy no dick time have we ever seen a unsullied eat, sleep, drink or do anything but stand around with like 4 weapons and a shield? Talk about slavery.

And after having marched all the way from Casterly rock still look so pristine that they could pass a parade inspection.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty good write-up on Littlefinger's death and why it sucks:

The villains of Westeros always seemed to escalate. Joffery was cruel but a child, Tywin was formidable but never unreasonable (effectiveness over cruelty), the Boltens went further, revealing in cruelty and intelligent strategy while the Greyjoys pushed even further, with Euron being formidable, vicious and sadistic; as each enemy became more dangerous, the stakes continued to raise, war or no war. And in the background, we had our original villain, Littlefinger, whom Varys (the most informed man in the world) called 'the most dangerous man in Westeros'. Those were very heavy words coming Varys (who, btw, didn't have a word of dialogue this episode - seriously; this is what he's been reduced to). The one villain who we've followed along throughout the entire story and who has grown every bit as much as the heroes. He was, if anything, a foil to Dany and Jon; coming from nowhere with nothing and building an army and name for himself, one risk at a time.

Then this episode happens.

• Sansa confronts him on things she and Bran saw him already do. Meaning there was no need for all this sister v. sister subterfuge; it was all pointless drama (should we allow them their flights of fancy because it's dreary up north?). Genuinely pointless. They could have confronted him 5 episodes ago on the murder of Lysa and betraying their father, killed him and be done with it. There was no reason to do anything they all did this entire season, except that they were bored.

• Littlefinger should have seen right through this. He 'expects every possibility' and 'assumes the worst intentions of others' and then forgot to do both. He gets outsmarted by a bunch of teenage girls because of their 'sisterly love', despite the fact that he's broken relationships and Houses much deeper than this.

• His death didn't feel like the vindication and extinguishing of a great evil that's been built up for 7 seasons. It felt like a write off; a getting-things-over-with. More so than anything with his begging and scrambling to come up with an intelligent counter strategy. This is the most brilliant, devious mind in Westeros (possibly the world). He wasn't grovelling to them; he was grovelling to the camera. It was fan service. It was to make people feel better about what he did to Ned and Sansa. It was obvious and embarrassing; not for the character but as a watcher of the show.
And this is the problem with the writing this season; it punishes you for paying attention. I thought maybe Littlefinger got wind of Arya and Sansa's game and was setting up an elaborate triple cross for them. Instead, it was Arya-gets-stabbed-by-the-waif-cause-she's-just-that-stupid all over again. Except this time, it's the most intelligent manipulator in the entire series.

Ugh. I know everyone is excited about how this season went but this has been so disappointing. I'm right there with /u/Bnetonk and hoping the books will give a more satisfying conclusion to a great character and just approaching the show with the same brain-switched-off mentality as I would a Fast & Furious movie.​

From (Spoilers Extended) Why is Show Littlefinger so freaking stupid? This will include discussion of the finale, as a warning. • r/asoiaf

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Was just complaining about that to Gavinmad, didn't want to get more of my autism all over this thread though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty good write-up on Littlefinger's death and why it sucks:

The villains of Westeros always seemed to escalate. Joffery was cruel but a child, Tywin was formidable but never unreasonable (effectiveness over cruelty), the Boltens went further, revealing in cruelty and intelligent strategy while the Greyjoys pushed even further, with Euron being formidable, vicious and sadistic; as each enemy became more dangerous, the stakes continued to raise, war or no war. And in the background, we had our original villain, Littlefinger, whom Varys (the most informed man in the world) called 'the most dangerous man in Westeros'. Those were very heavy words coming Varys (who, btw, didn't have a word of dialogue this episode - seriously; this is what he's been reduced to). The one villain who we've followed along throughout the entire story and who has grown every bit as much as the heroes. He was, if anything, a foil to Dany and Jon; coming from nowhere with nothing and building an army and name for himself, one risk at a time.

Then this episode happens.

• Sansa confronts him on things she and Bran saw him already do. Meaning there was no need for all this sister v. sister subterfuge; it was all pointless drama (should we allow them their flights of fancy because it's dreary up north?). Genuinely pointless. They could have confronted him 5 episodes ago on the murder of Lysa and betraying their father, killed him and be done with it. There was no reason to do anything they all did this entire season, except that they were bored.

• Littlefinger should have seen right through this. He 'expects every possibility' and 'assumes the worst intentions of others' and then forgot to do both. He gets outsmarted by a bunch of teenage girls because of their 'sisterly love', despite the fact that he's broken relationships and Houses much deeper than this.

• His death didn't feel like the vindication and extinguishing of a great evil that's been built up for 7 seasons. It felt like a write off; a getting-things-over-with. More so than anything with his begging and scrambling to come up with an intelligent counter strategy. This is the most brilliant, devious mind in Westeros (possibly the world). He wasn't grovelling to them; he was grovelling to the camera. It was fan service. It was to make people feel better about what he did to Ned and Sansa. It was obvious and embarrassing; not for the character but as a watcher of the show.
And this is the problem with the writing this season; it punishes you for paying attention. I thought maybe Littlefinger got wind of Arya and Sansa's game and was setting up an elaborate triple cross for them. Instead, it was Arya-gets-stabbed-by-the-waif-cause-she's-just-that-stupid all over again. Except this time, it's the most intelligent manipulator in the entire series.

Ugh. I know everyone is excited about how this season went but this has been so disappointing. I'm right there with /u/Bnetonk and hoping the books will give a more satisfying conclusion to a great character and just approaching the show with the same brain-switched-off mentality as I would a Fast & Furious movie.​

From (Spoilers Extended) Why is Show Littlefinger so freaking stupid? This will include discussion of the finale, as a warning. • r/asoiaf

Show LF was ruined the moment he sold Sansa to the Boltons. There was no saving the character after he did something so fucking stupid. In the books she's still safe and sound in the Eyrie because Jeyne Poole was the one sent off to the Boltons as a fake Arya. They basically wrote LF into a situation where there was no way to advance the plot in the north without him doing something really stupid when they merge Jeyne Poole into Sansa. Not that I disagree with merging Jeyne into someone to save from introducing an ultimately unimportant character, but they sacrificed LF when they merged her into Sansa.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Night King has the same problem daeny has. an Ice Dragon is OP and so he could literally destroy every stronghold he wants, including KL. with that in mind. Ice Dragon is going to die the first or second episode. all they needed it for was to contrive the breaking of The Wall so they can lose him pretty fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

• Sansa confronts him on things she and Bran saw him already do.
Was Sansa there when he pushed Lysa out the moon-door? Whilst she's not technically an accessory the logical question for the Knights of the Vale is "why didn't you tell us sooner"

How can they be loyal to someone who kept that secret to benefit her

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also we run into a new problem. Is a dead dragon which feels no pain able to fly much faster than a fatty one which does. I assume yes since it doesn't tire so the NK is able to floor it anytime he wishes. This means he could fly ahead to KL hit the throne room which Bran saw seasons ago burned and vacant anytime he wishes in just a few hours time.

It definitely felt like the frost wyrm was moving faster than usual.

Is the Undead Army slowed down by daytime - it's said in previous seasons that they "come out at night", does this mean they're nocturnal and rest during the day? Is there even still a daytime in Winter?

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Was Sansa there when he pushed Lysa out the moon-door? Whilst she's not technically an accessory the logical question for the Knights of the Vale is "why didn't you tell us sooner"

But Littlefinger Bad, Need Sansa for more pointless story.

WEl2uHD.jpg

• 1Worf

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yes she was there, and he saved her life there. Not to mention that the Lord of the Vale is still Robyn Arryn - the mentally unhinged kid who was very fond of Littlefinger. Maybe he'll want revenge, but the way things are going now, I don't think it will be on the show at all.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jorah - Hey Dany you should totally ride your Dragon up to Winterfell it would take like 2 minutes.
Jon - Dany if you want you ride on the boat with me I'll show you my Longclaw.

qJvXqkV.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
But Littlefinger Bad, Need Sansa for more pointless story.

Which introduces the question of what do they do with her next season? She can't fight, ok she may run Winterfell whilst Jon is away but they've already used the "fake drama so we can use certain characters" this season....