GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why not? Imperial Rome had a population of a million...

It isn't on a river and it doesn't have an aqueduct. Wells are unlikely because its obviously on rock and even if it were lucky enough to have karst topography with reservoirs they would be tainted by seawater thanks to the proximity to the ocean.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I am pretty sure Tyrion is just worried that sex between the two is going to just mess things up. Nothing more. He just disapproves of that kind of behavior between monarch and vassal.
Wasn't as much disapproval as concern over them getting involved. Not sure why Tyrion would be worried, other than Jon following in Jaime's kin-boning footsteps which none are privy to yet. But that was the impression.

Suppose Bran is set to play a larger role as his abilities will be used for more than solving mystery plot points.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What ever happened to that poor retarded Lord of the vale kid?

Him and Bran on screen together would be a treat.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assumed it was because he liked Jon because he was a bastard. Cripples, Bastards and broken things. He'll no longer be ( he isn't anyways ) a bastard with her. That and since he came around Tyrion has been someone she asks for advice then does whatever he says not to do most of the time. He feels like... like.. a dwarf! I don't think it was jealousy as in sex. He never seemed to think he would be bedding her, all he wanted was her respect and he hasn't been getting it for the most part. He is a sentimental little bugger. Unless she starts burning down KL and millions of people, he won't ever betray her, but he may leave if she keeps ignoring his wisdom. Not sure where he would go though. There is only 2 real choices left in the world and one is someone he hates more than anything. Very possible Jamie is outcast though by the people in the north and Tyrion hooks up with him. It'll be a great few seasons watching them wander about talking of great things oh wait only 6 episodes left. It doesn't mean a damn thing at all. Nothing but awkward deaths and dragon scenes from here on out.

What wisdom has Tyrion offered Dany though? Yeah he was brilliant as the substitute hand in seasons 2 and 3, but since he joined Dany, his advice has been mostly shit. He was the one that fucked up what she had built in Slaver's Bay, that she had to come back and violently fix. He was the one who caused them to lose two entire armies and get another trapped in his plan to take Casterly Rock. It seems to me everything he does is completely wrong now. I hate it because he is one of my favorite main characters, but the writers have really written him to be pretty dumb the last couple seasons. I'm with a_skeleton_03 on this one, I think that look was meant to be more of a "this development can't have a good outcome," or that he knows they are related somehow and it will be the Jaime/Cersie drama all over again (highly unlikely, or should be if the writers aren't retarded).

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The problem is that he acted the scene like he was bummed Jon got the girl. He didn't have a look of disapproval or "oh shit", he had the look of a cuck. I guess he could be worried about the implications of a relationship between them. The north is probably going to be pissed about the knee bending but it'll be worse if they find out the two of them are an item and he's likely to abandon them alltogether to go be her bitch in kings landing. All of it pales in the face of his true parentage anyway. Unfortunately I don't think 6 episodes is enough for it to be the problem it should be.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This Tyrion losing streak is going to come to an end one or two ways. Either he bites it, or he redeems himself with one final master stroke to come through in the end. I doubt he dies so this has to be developing into something.

His latest fuck up is going to be this "truce" with Cersei. Once Dany figures out her betrayal she is going to want to burn her....and him. Jaime is going to be an interesting plot point, as I feel people are not giving his departure enough weight. That was a huge development. Cersei is probably one of the more interesting characters on the entire show, and Jaime is universally liked by most viewers and knew some kind of redemption arc was on its way. I think everything just finally broke him. His final conversation with Olenna really bothered him. She told him that hes fucked if he stays with Cersei, and that she cant be redeemed.

Then, Cersei sealed it by admitting she plotted behind his back. (and maybe fucked Euron? Has Euron now been infused with the Kettleblacks? Awwwww yeaaaaaaa) Jaime obviously had real feelings for her as his actions bore that out, but he was never able to assert himself. Ever since he lost his hand she has not respected him, and he knew it. He stood anyway. But now with the world seemingly at the brink of an apocolypse, he said fuck it and peaced out. Very interesting, as Dany and her host are going to have a hard time adding yet ANOTHER adviser/commander.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The problem is that he acted the scene like he was bummed Jon got the girl. He didn't have a look of disapproval or "oh shit", he had the look of a cuck. I guess he could be worried about the implications of a relationship between them. The north is probably going to be pissed about the knee bending but it'll be worse if they find out the two of them are an item and he's likely to abandon them alltogether to go be her bitch in kings landing. All of it pales in the face of his true parentage anyway. Unfortunately I don't think 6 episodes is enough for it to be the problem it should be.

Its just like in high school when you spend all summer taking a girl out and then school starts up and you have to go to remedial classes so you get split up and she finds a guy without a club foot and starts dating him. Even longshots lead to disappointment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Its just like in high school when you spend all summer taking a girl out and then school starts up and you have to go to remedial classes so you get split up and she finds a guy without a club foot and starts dating him. Even longshots lead to disappointment.
I'm impressed you remembered the story of how I met my wife.

• 2Worf

Siliconemelons

Rome at its largest I would say was 2-3 the spread of what we have seen of kings landing, although I did notice they were showing a lot "more" of the city this episode- I wondered why? then the "1 MEEELLIOON" comment and I was like, oh i suppose that's why.

Honestly GRRRMMM imo jacked up the scale and size of his world and the population there-of... all of these things make more sense if you scale it down almost by 1/10th or at least 1/5 of what was stated and the maps scale to mile size. However, it is his world- so he can say what he wants.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
My friend just spoiled the ending of this series to me. GRRM should have finished his books before they made this into a TV series.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

in my experience, you start girl and find out she's pregnant from a black guy.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Still peeved that the Night King had no plan for the wall other than sheer luck I guess. I suppose he may have gone to East watch to find some way around the Wall but whatever.

Also the Hound basically baited that we will get Cleganebowl. Such hype!

Honestly, the writers could have written any stupid way for the NK to get past the wall. They could have given him magic to melt the wall, or whatever other stupid shit. They just chose to make him an olympic javelin thrower (lol). Remember LOTR TTT, Helms Deep was impenetrable so they invented black powder bombs.

What's Cleganebowl?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My friend just spoiled the ending of this series to me. GRRM should have finished his books before they made this into a TV series.

The show isn't over. Season 8 leaks don't exist. How exactly could it be spoiled for you?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought something was going to happen to allow them through the magically sealed door. Something to do with bran perhaps. Nope we tearing this shit down