GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Naw. He sounds like a Director. You would be surprised how many of these big Hollywood directors "tear up" at the smell of their own farts. I think he did a great job with the actors on the finale (except Lena who was her usual OVER THE TOP MEGA BITCH WITH GRINDING TEETH AND SEETHING FURY).

The Littlefinger scene was well acted (or directed or both) and other than the usual silly banter with Sandor, some good performances.

Dialogue is fucking godawful though. Story points themselves were well enough explained but it's like watching really good actors try to read a Lucas Script with zero changes.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
"tearing up" at LF begging for his life sounds about the same.
I'll be honest, there is a different vibe on set. You watch these guys perform and rehearse and then kill it on certain takes and it CAN be emotional. The product that gets to screen dilutes it a bit, but there is a large group of directors, DP's, writers and producers who are so out of touch, they think their audience is going to have the same visceral reaction that they did because of how "moving" it was to watch on set.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll be honest, there is a different vibe on set. You watch these guys perform and rehearse and then kill it on certain takes and it CAN be emotional. The product that gets to screen dilutes it a bit, but there is a large group of directors, DP's, writers and producers who are so out of touch, they think their audience is going to have the same visceral reaction that they did because of how "moving" it was to watch on set.

I suppose. Shit like Cersei and Tyrion's meeting...I could understand even if I still think it's strange. It was emotional, and was a reunion of sorts that never really seemed possible the last 3 seasons. LF finally getting it would just be different to me I guess.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole Iron Bank has been idiotic almost from day one, especially so this season for the reasons listed just above. It makes no sense for them to not only invest money, but risk their actual army for a continent that is completely broke at this point. Cut your losses, consider them money spent to get the loss to profits in Dany out of where the real money is at in Slaver's Bay... but they need to be part of SerSea's scooby doo plot, as there is no other force outside of the North and Dany's shit to actually put up a fight and they can't have that.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

This is almost literally every nude scene for all those actors that refuse to show anything until some random art movie director conveniences them - like Selma Hayek.

Them: Oh it was a scene of liberation and control as a woman over her own body, to be caressed by the entire air around me as we filmed the scene.

Audience: yay tits, next

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The whole Iron Bank has been idiotic almost from day one, especially so this season for the reasons listed just above. It makes no sense for them to not only invest money, but risk their actual army for a continent that is completely broke at this point. Cut your losses, consider them money spent to get the loss to profits in Dany out of where the real money is at in Slaver's Bay... but they need to be part of SerSea's scooby doo plot, as there is no other force outside of the North and Dany's shit to actually put up a fight and they can't have that.

The iron bank doesn't own the golden company. The bank is risking gold.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

Well you have to remember that back in S1, the Crown actually OWED the Lannisters something like 3 million crowns (the rest owed to the Iron Bank or other smaller unnamed lenders) so to the Iron Bank, the Lannisters were a literal Gold Mine. Remember also they funded Stannis during his rebellion against the Lannister Crown. It's just your basic playing both sides against the middle and no matter what, SOMEONE is going to eventually pay you.They are the largest financial institution in the known world by a MASSIVE factor. More money than all the other free cities combined.

And Cersie apparently did pay them or did enough placating about paying them back for Tycho to give her assurances that they would give her another loan once Highgardens cash is in his coffers.

None of that is stopping the Iron Bank from still making money off of Slavers Bay, Pentos, Lys, Volantis, Astapor and Meereen which have all been "abandoned" by Dany.

This is almost literally every nude scene for all those actors that refuse to show anything until some random art movie director conveniences them - like Selma Hayek.
Some of that is horseshit. I have read release documents from some pretty high-up actors and actress' who explicitly say "I will do all the nudity you want, but I want to complain about it later." You wouldn't believe half the male actors that WANT to wag their dong around on camera for a few seconds and get turned down.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Naw. He sounds like a Director. You would be surprised how many of these big Hollywood directors "tear up" at the smell of their own farts. I think he did a great job with the actors on the finale (except Lena who was her usual OVER THE TOP MEGA BITCH WITH GRINDING TEETH AND SEETHING FURY).

The Littlefinger scene was well acted (or directed or both) and other than the usual silly banter with Sandor, some good performances.

Dialogue is fucking godawful though. Story points themselves were well enough explained but it's like watching really good actors try to read a Lucas Script with zero changes.

I would hope these guys would be more interested in talking about the story and what they've done to make the universe come alive and so on rather than oh look how we nailed the emotion of this scene even though it was fucking stupid and out of character and not explained by prior scenes but wow it was well acted

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I would hope these guys would be more interested in talking about the story and what they've done to make the universe come alive and so on rather than oh look how we nailed the emotion of this scene even though it was fucking stupid and out of character and not explained by prior scenes but wow it was well acted
It really depends. On set, above the line people tend to get...emotional...whether its about their own work or what they are seeing others do, it trends toward the by-the-minute performance. It's only later in the editing bay or the 5th notes pass meeting from the Studio Execs that you have those same people going "oh right...we have a big narrative to construct here". That isn't always the case, but it is fairly common.

It's one of the reasons why a good script supervisor and a good 1st AD are two of the toughest jobs on set. You have to corral these "artists" to put out a product that makes sense.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

In addition: With any movie/production there's always a special moment when it's an actor's final scene. Even on smaller productions, you can get a bit emotional when it's someone's final day. The fact some of these actors have been doing this show for 6-7 years or so, I can only imagine the emotions on set.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
In addition: With any movie/production there's always a special moment when it's an actor's final scene. Even on smaller productions, you can get a bit emotional when it's someone's final day. The fact some of these actors have been doing this show for 6-7 years or so, I can only imagine the emotions on set.
Oh god yeah. I will admit I have gotten weepy PLENTY of times watching someone you have spent the last few years with in meetings, and show-and-tells and late night calls and 18 hour shooting days with people losing their minds and then doing their last performance on your show...it brings out some feels.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's one of the reasons why a good script supervisor and a good 1st AD are two of the toughest jobs on set. You have to corral these "artists" to put out a product that makes sense.

Whoever those guys are on GoT they need to be fired

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

If Arya takes his face...it might not be his final scene. Although really the only person/people it could be used on at this point would be Cersei/Qyburn or some such? So not sure how likely that is.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Whoever those guys are on GoT they need to be fired
They have a ton of different ones for a show like this. Different directors will sometimes bring in their own 1st AD or the showrunners will change them out depending on the schedule.

For a show the size of GoT you actually have different named units for locations and they will have different Scritpy or AD teams. In the case of GoT it's Dragon and Wolf with some smaller units on other locations or doing pick-ups. One day you are scripty on 1st Unit in Iceland and the next day you have to coordinate notes with the 2nd Unit from Ireland that shot weeks ago with a different team and make the scenes mesh and make sense.

Coordination between those teams is a PITA. It is a MASSIVE endeavor for a show this scale to get it perfect.

Last edited:

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I have a hard time seeing how Arya can impersonate LF when she slit his throat in front of at least a hundred people. Word is gonna get out.

Better to impersonate a servant or something at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
no chance. Golden Company has a famous leader and they could never get hijacked by some sand dindu. although, he may tag along. Also, The Golden Company is not going to go against a Targaryan Queen.
Golden Company

Cersei is going to be upset.
It's been so long since I read the books I completely forgot about this. I actually think this is going to depart entirely from the books then. Show-Aegon probably got merged with show-Jon and the Golden Company is going to just be a fancy sellsword group with no particular ties. The "revelation" of Jon's heritage in the show is the fan favorite that has been circulating for years, so perhaps that's still the same in the books - maybe just with a different name, and in the books he would have been a 3rd contender or perhaps simply a complication for whatever book-Aegon and book-Dany were going to politic out.

Of course this is mostly wishful thinking that the books won't be quite so terribly contrived and trope-ridden as the show is now :p

Edit: They COULD still have book-Aegon be in with the Golden Company in the show, but it's kind of a big reveal to have with absolutely no hints or references, and the whole Golden Company storyline is already completely different than it was in the books so I'm not sure there's even a reason to do it. Unless they do something wonky like:

• Cersei hires Golden Company, which all show up at King's Landing
  • Leader of the Golden Company reveals himself as Aegon, and basically usurps KL and the throne then and there because they're already in the city
  • Dany and her entourage have to deal with the shit in the north and then come down to find a_Targ__heir_05 as appeared on the throne and doesn't want to share, or demands Dany subserve him, whatever. Conflict happens