GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Oldbased

> Than U
Watching season 1 while I still for some unknown reason still have HBO NOW 2 days after my trial expired and I have to wonder.
Did book readers loose their shit in season 1 episode 6 when Visy and "rightful king" got his gold plated noggin? I mean Dany's meat toy killed a Targaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarian and it wasn't even in a open field.

Siliconemelons

Watching season 1 while I still for some unknown reason still have HBO NOW 2 days after my trial expired and I have to wonder.
Did book readers loose their shit in season 1 episode 6 when Visy and "rightful king" got his gold plated noggin? I mean Dany's meat toy killed a Targaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarian and it wasn't even in a open field.

No, no one likes him because he got to touch his sisters bewbs

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought no one liked him because he was an insufferable faggot?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I haven't had a chance to rewatch S7, but did they ever mention on Dany/Jon's side the fact that the Freys got wiped out? Is Edmure out of prison now? What happens to Riverrun, etc.?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
that's too complicated with only 6 episodes left.
Nothing's too complicated for the writing right now, just omit important stuff and make things happen for no reason and show the flashy / dramatic parts with no build up and you're good to go. They could do that easily enough, and certainly have been, no reason to expect it to magically get better for season 8.

Maybe they do exist?!
Dany dies in childbirth - girl named after Jon's mother.
Jon defeats Night King - but there must always be a Night King to keep the balance - Brann becomes new Night King
Lot of main chars die - Brienne dies defending that shitty Vale boy. All of the Greyjoys die. Theon dies saving sister. Uncle Euron backstabs everyone at Kings Landing. Cersei dies to Arya poisoning her. Mountain dies to Hound. Jon flies Drogon back to Kings Landing. Euron declares himself King de-facto of Westeros as Cersei is dead. Jon and Drogon kill... lots of Mercs of Euron before Jon faces him and almost loses. Jamie kills another King (Euron) putting 2 under his belt before the rest of the mercs close in to kill Drogon / Jon / Jamie. He does the only thing he can do - ignites the Wildfyre under Kings Landing taking everyone with him.
Tyrion takes the baby of Jon & Dany to Kings Landing and she becomes the Queen (when she is of age) Bron lives and becomes a lord. Sansa and Arya survive. Sam survives. Everyone else is dead. Brann goes back to the North until the balancing is needed again.

The rest of the points are whatever, but point 2 makes no sense at all. We actually already see the origin of NK, and it sure as shit wasn't because "balance", it didn't even have anything do to with the whole Ice & Fire theme, which probably came about because of the existence of the NK. There's also only ever been the 1 guy who is the NK. It's not some universe-spanning title enforced by the gods, it's something the CoF made because humans were fucking them up and then it went sideways and then the wall and now we're here. With the way the undead get created and have a hierarchy, it's much more comparable to vampires (very comparable in fact) and no one would say "there must always be an ancient first vampire" because that makes no sense :p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had a chance to rewatch S7, but did they ever mention on Dany/Jon's side the fact that the Freys got wiped out? Is Edmure out of prison now? What happens to Riverrun, etc.?

pretty sure none of that was addressed.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tyrion supports a voting type system to choose a ruler, wants to phase out the monarchy. Jon ploughing his aunt and possibly producing an heir makes it less likely she'll go with Tyrion's idea and instead want to continue the old Targaryen monarchy system from before Robert's Rebellion. Could also be what others have said, will just complicate things.

Except they've discussed how she cant have kids and she needs to name a successor which doesn't have any voting in it either so I'm not sure you're hitting the mark there.

Also, I fell like 40 pages behind on all this. Did anyone here discuss how the dead marching through the wall formed the stark sigil?

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Easter egg for viewers, nothing more, at best.

Also could just be confirmation bias because it somewhat resembles it, like the Mars face.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Did not really pay attention, but it's true (just checked. in case fake news). Nice fan tease

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Edmure was last mentioned last season being taken to Casterly Rock. no idea after that.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Nothing's too complicated for the writing right now, just omit important stuff and make things happen for no reason and show the flashy / dramatic parts with no build up and you're good to go. They could do that easily enough, and certainly have been, no reason to expect it to magically get better for season 8.

The rest of the points are whatever, but point 2 makes no sense at all. We actually already see the origin of NK, and it sure as shit wasn't because "balance", it didn't even have anything do to with the whole Ice & Fire theme, which probably came about because of the existence of the NK. There's also only ever been the 1 guy who is the NK. It's not some universe-spanning title enforced by the gods, it's something the CoF made because humans were fucking them up and then it went sideways and then the wall and now we're here. With the way the undead get created and have a hierarchy, it's much more comparable to vampires (very comparable in fact) and no one would say "there must always be an ancient first vampire" because that makes no sense :p
Eh it's more like the lich king philosophy - there wasn't ALWAYS a lich king but there must always be one henceforth. The walkers cleanse the humans as they were created to do, but they serve no purpose if there are no humans left. I didn't write this shit only read it - so you can't really nitpick the philosophy with me because i'm shrugfaced about it all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my one hope for season 8 is that they show WHY the NK wants to convert everyone to wights. cuz evil? Wight Power? is he literal Snow Hitler?