GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I said this was pretty much what happened like 10 times, it was obvious with the dialogue even pre bran actor interview.

Seriously, do people really think Bran didn't tell Sansa anything before he blurted out the whole "You told him it was a mistake to trust you" line?

People complain that they spell everything out for the audience, but this is why. General audiences are fucking retarded.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Except they've discussed how she cant have kids and she needs to name a successor which doesn't have any voting in it either so I'm not sure you're hitting the mark there.

Yeah and they also discussed the voting system of the Night's Watch and Iron Islands.

Oldbased

> Than U
Seriously, do people really think Bran didn't tell Sansa anything before he blurted out the whole "You told him it was a mistake to trust you" line?

People complain that they spell everything out for the audience, but this is why. General audiences are fucking retarded.
HBO should have just released the intro and the name. It's fucking retarded people want to see the drama and details on the show. Real people don't need all that shit.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People bitch about the lack of nuanced writing, but I thought it was clear froom seeing Bran at the table in the hall of Winterfell, and him staring blankly into the nether-realm while looking fully stricken by autism that he has passed on information implicating Littlefinger. That and uh...the part where he reveals information no one could have possibly known.

• 2Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
HBO should have just released the intro and the name. It's fucking retarded people want to see the drama and details on the show. Real people don't need all that shit.

There's also the part where Tyrion tells Jon "She's smarter than she lets on when Jon replies "She's starting to let on", then The Hound and Brienne talking about how the only one that needs protecting is whoever stands in Arya's way, and then Bran telling OF "Chaos is a ladder

The show spelled out for the audience, in very obvious terms, that LF was completely fucked. Any more would have been more overkill than it already was.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

It's more about it being a cheap trick tv trope.

DickTrickle

There's also the part where Tyrion tells Jon "She's smarter than she lets on when Jon replies "She's starting to let on", then The Hound and Brienne talking about how the only one that needs protecting is whoever stands in Arya's way, and then Bran telling OF "Chaos is a ladder

The show spelled out for the audience, in very obvious terms, that LF was completely fucked. Any more would have been more overkill than it already was.

Sansa was still a dumbass. She didn't learn shit. She had to go to Bran to realize that.

That's another reason why it sucked -- Sansa really didn't get any wiser or develop more to realize LF was a shit all the way through. She needed all knowing Bran to do so.

Oldbased

> Than U
Sansa was still a dumbass. She didn't learn shit. She had to go to Bran to realize that.

That's another reason why it sucked -- Sansa really didn't get any wiser or develop more to realize LF was a shit all the way through. She needed all knowing Bran to do so.
Even that Brann actor interview seems to point out she is dumber than a box of rocks. "So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister."
She has knitting as a skill.
I don't even like her looks all that much. She sounds like she smoked more cigs than me.

iannis

Musty Nester
yeah, Tyrion is like Westeros Bernie. He believes in a people's collective. A more even distribution of wealth and power. He's seriously working for.... the empowerment... of... the little guy.

CR8eagnU8AAuYFm.jpg

• 2Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good thing that got cut out, because I really needed a scene for Theon's redemption. And an extended sequence of Melisandre and Grey Worm having non-sex.

Seriously, this show fucking sucked this season. They cut important plot points for nonsensical bullshit over and over. All on top of giving us just 7 episodes.

Melisandre is the red priestess. Missandei is the one Grey Worm is...tonguing.

But I'll agree we could have used much less Theon redemption arc.

DickTrickle

Melisandre is the red priestess. Missandei is the one Grey Worm is...tonguing.

But I'll agree we could have used much less Theon redemption arc.

Should have replaced Grey Worm with Melisandre in that scene. No one would have complained.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

People bitch about the lack of nuanced writing, but I thought it was clear froom seeing Bran at the table in the hall of Winterfell, and him staring blankly into the nether-realm while looking fully stricken by autism that he has passed on information implicating Littlefinger. That and uh...the part where he reveals information no one could have possibly known.
yet... the opposite was true for Sansa. We all assumed, she wasn't that stupid, it was a ruse. but.. it wasn't apparently.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This might be exactly why they dropped that scene in the edit. That effectively never happened now and the viewer can easily believe that Sansa / Arya were in on it from the start. Hell they may have seen the response to the earlier episodes and made that edit to turn the fan theory into reality.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really do hate to analyze this season of GoT, but I think once Bran said, "Chaos is a ladder" LF should've attempted to murder Bran ASAP.

As in, there should've been a scene where he schemes something to kill Bran and Bran pulls a Aizen on him.
6aa.jpg

LF knew immediately when Bran said that, that he was super fucked. And Bran is kind of vulnerable.

Doesn't matter though, LF made his bed before season 1, he should be glad to have survived until the second to last season.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

I don't mind LF getting his comeuppance, I just wish it was actually because Sansa learned the game and played LF instead of being gifted knowledge. This is what I would call botched character development.

You can say that scene being cut out means she is being shown as figuring it out, but it still only means she figured it out right at the end there. All the earlier episodes with Arya she was still dumb.

Edit: It reminds me of the Arya and Waif scene. You have a chance for Arya to be smart and hide or set up a trap and all they do is have her be dumb and get stabbed.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users