GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If they were that worried, they could have had Little finger die, THEN play the scene of Sansa and Bran talking to one another. This isn't that hard, and it would have cleared up confusion in the process.

I don't get how there's any confusion in the first place.

If anything, us seeing her go to Bran makes the scene where she calls in Arya as if she's the one on trial really bizarre.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they don't show her talking to Bran because it ruins the dramatic reveal where you think Arya is on trial instead of Littlefinger. Nothing confusing about it really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's just part of why the show is getting worse and worse. Forced drama which requires leaving out good story telling elements just to create tension.

"Everything happens off screen except for ACTION! and FUCKING! and DRAGONS!!"

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Good story telling elements?

I think you're just looking for more shit to bitch about.

This fucking show doesn't have enough good story telling elements. The drama is forced. Now I will type more meaningless words.

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just because you don't understand what I was saying doesn't make it meaningless. Having Arya paraded in as if she were on trial? It's forced. Shit had to have happened off screen to allow that scene to have any tension, like so many people here have already said.

Basically I was agreeing with your statement. The thing we disagree on is whether or not that makes for interesting story telling.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show blows. If you think otherwise you're stupid.

But we shall see it through. Hopefully the White Walkers win.

• 7Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think Bran is supposed to be showing excitement about anything. They're pretty much pitching him as the HAL 9000 of the North. And he is probably waiting to talk to Jon personally about his parentage. That's a bit of information you wouldn't trust to a raven though I suppose he could warg into it to make sure that only Jon got the message.

Yeah, I'm sure the parentage thing isn't a raven type communication but Bran's abilities? Here's a guy who watched your rape from many miles away, knows what LF said to their dead dad a few years ago, and somehow survived past the wall for an extended period. Nah, no reason to bother Jon with the little stuff. If I wanted to win a long war or believed Jon at all about the WW, wouldn't that seem a bit important?

spronk

FPS noob
don't worry lady stoneheart will save the story in season 8

GJ0wB94.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, they don't show her talking to Bran because it ruins the dramatic reveal where you think Arya is on trial instead of Littlefinger. Nothing confusing about it really.
you can still have a dramatic reveal and show her talking to bran. she could go to ask him stuff about arya and he tells her about her time as FM and her murders. then he could say something like "before you go, there is something else you should know" or something vague and thats where you cut the scene then you got arya brought in and pull the old trope switcheroo like they did. at least its fair and doesnt leave a hole in the story. and yes its a fucking hole , even the actor said it was stupid.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
you can still have a dramatic reveal and show her talking to bran. she could go to ask him stuff about arya and he tells her about her time as FM and her murders. then he could say something like "before you go, there is something else you should know" or something vague and thats where you cut the scene then you got arya brought in and pull the old trope switcheroo like they did. at least its fair and doesnt leave a hole in the story. and yes its a fucking hole , even the actor said it was stupid.

That's retarded. There's absolutely no hole in the story as it stands. If you want to complain about keeping the audience in the dark for fake tension then adding the scene or your half measure, which is worse than both scenarios, has no effect on that.

We should also be complaining about not being shown the preparations for the red wedding, Euron and Cersei's private meeting, and every other instance of the audience not knowing whats happening before it actuay happens.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just realized this lady's character/personality is a lot like a drag queen or flamboyant gay man.

olenna-tyrell-gameof.jpg

I'm a little high, too.

• 2Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Right about what?

Your the guy on the other side of the fence, yet the show interests you enough where you follow a thread about it on an internet forum.

It's like the D&D criticisms. They don't give a fuck at the end of the day because all press is good press. All of the fanfare all of the complaining, the thousands of internet articles that make fun of the shows writing, all of it is good, as it proves people are engaged.

If the show was truly shit, people would not only quit watching, they WOULD QUIT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT IT ALL TOGETHER.

But please tell us more about how you knew this show sucked, I'm sure it's fantastic use of your time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Right about what?

Your the guy on the other side of the fence, yet the show interests you enough where you follow a thread about it on an internet forum.

It's like the D&D criticisms. They don't give a fuck at the end of the day because all press is good press. All of the fanfare all of the complaining, the thousands of internet articles that make fun of the shows writing, all of it is good, as it proves people are engaged.

If the show was truly shit, people would not only quit watching, they WOULD QUIT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT IT ALL TOGETHER.

But please tell us more about how you knew this show sucked, I'm sure it's fantastic use of your time.
its really not even worth mentioning that this show has gotten weaker over time. its been very obvious to anyone paying attention that since they ran out of source material to work from its been weak on dialogue and plot. thats not to say its no longer entertaining. they jacked up the spectacle factor to keep people talking and compensate for generic character arcs

• 1Solidarity

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
its really not even worth mentioning that this show has gotten weaker over time. its been very obvious to anyone paying attention that since they ran out of source material to work from its been weak on dialogue and plot. thats not to say its no longer entertaining. they jacked up the spectacle factor to keep people talking and compensate for generic character arcs
I generally agree with this. I don't think the show is amazing. I certainly wouldn't hold it up against some other TV HBO has done as a work of art, but it's still very entertaining. It might be one of the most purely entertaining shows ever made. Does that make it good? Either way hard to call it anything but an absolute success. Even these later seasons that are hurt by not having source material to work off of.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
It's just part of why the show is getting worse and worse. Forced drama which requires leaving out good story telling elements just to create tension.

"Everything happens off screen except for ACTION! and FUCKING! and DRAGONS!!"
He meant the scene would not work from an audience perspective. Not only do y'all over-analyze things but it seems you don't realize most of your complaining would make for worse television and movies, which is why you're not writers. Speaking of worthless shitty fart sniffing writers
Naw. He sounds like a Director. You would be surprised how many of these big Hollywood directors "tear up" at the smell of their own farts. I think he did a great job with the actors on the finale (except Lena who was her usual OVER THE TOP MEGA BITCH WITH GRINDING TEETH AND SEETHING FURY).

The Littlefinger scene was well acted (or directed or both) and other than the usual silly banter with Sandor, some good performances.

Dialogue is fucking godawful though. Story points themselves were well enough explained but it's like watching really good actors try to read a Lucas Script with zero changes.
Thought the emotion was simply due to him being on set for seven years. You know, saying farewell to a coworker plus his performance. Maybe that did not spring to mind.

Goddamnit it's late, I look forward to something worth reading and I can't read this shit.

Current thread title is apt cos more than half of you are handicapped reeetards.

• 2Picard

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
He meant the scene would not work from an audience perspective. Not only do y'all over-analyze things but it seems you don't realize most of your complaining would make for worse television and movies, which is why you're not writers. Speaking of worthless shitty fart sniffing writers

Thought the emotion was simply due to him being on set for seven years. You know, saying farewell to a coworker plus his performance. Maybe that did not spring to mind.

Goddamnit it's late, I look forward to something worth reading and I can't read this shit.

Current thread title is apt cos more than half of you are handicapped reeetards.
That was probably the most likely scenario, but I have seen seasoned directors get weepy on first day performances as well. Im not saying it's a bad thing at all. It goes both ways. You want and need your talent to always feel like they are doing a good job (unless they really are not and you have to shut that shit down).