GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Either way all interest is good interest.

It's like people complaining about the viability of a garbage dumpster as a hiding spot vs a horde of zombies in The Walking Dead ( I never watched). They think it's dumb but they will tune in next week.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Either way all interest is good interest.

It's like people complaining about the viability of a garbage dumpster as a hiding spot vs a horde of zombies in The Walking Dead ( I never watched). They think it's dumb but they will tune in next week.
i would have tuned in regardless, because zombies. its always been about the zombies for me. could give two fucks if the entire cast is eaten.

Fedor

<Banned>
Y0e7JcI.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I generally agree with this. I don't think the show is amazing. I certainly wouldn't hold it up against some other TV HBO has done as a work of art, but it's still very entertaining. It might be one of the most purely entertaining shows ever made. Does that make it good? Either way hard to call it anything but an absolute success. Even these later seasons that are hurt by not having source material to work off of.

Spartacus still holds that entertaining spectacle title. Got is okay,but its no Spartacus.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Spartacus S1 and S.5 are epic as hell and awesome.

S2 suffered from the actor change and the change in setting and story - but it really could not have been helped.

S3 was harsh because you knew the end and didn't want it.

But all in all epic TV

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Spartacus S1 and S.5 are epic as hell and awesome.

S2 suffered from the actor change and the change in setting and story - but it really could not have been helped.

S3 was harsh because you knew the end and didn't want it.

But all in all epic TV
I wish they continued the story of Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey forming the Triumvirate.

Oldbased

> Than U
Wtf? Rome was one of the best shows ever made in every respect. Are you one of those guys who hates on the inserted fiction?
Uh no. I never watched Rome or attempted to until after watching Sparticus. I've tried to watch it twice and it seemed cheesy as fuck to me. I never made it past 2 episodes in. Maybe it got better but everything about it seemed terrible after watching Blood and Sand, Black Sails and Games of Thrones. Even the gay as fuck intro had me loathing even trying to watch it before it ended. On the other hand I loved the movie Risen and have seen it several times since it plays over and over currently.

I'll download it back to DVR and try again since so many think it is great. Maybe just the first episode was cheesy.

I figured it was just Starz fuckery. Much how I liked The White Queen but felt The White Princess felt fucked.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I did a re-watch of Rome recently. I think the
bitter ending and all the tribulation the characters went through made it much less enjoyable on a re-watch. I found myself not enjoying the high-points because I knew the low-points were coming. And Vorenus' wife was especially annoying since I knew she was a cunt through and through. It'd be especially bad after she ruined the entire Dornish province of Game of Thrones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You guys seem surprised that Olebass has bad taste in TV shows after reading this thread for the last two months?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users