GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wtf. i called him a Faulty Armor, not a mongoloid. does g-o-o-k really autocorrect to that?

i suppose i meant mook, not Faulty Armor, but still.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol @ Kit Harington's pic.

I like Rose Leslie better than Emilia Clarke, but it'd crack me up if Kit started dating Emilia in RL.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
lol @ Kit Harington's pic.

I like Rose Leslie better than Emilia Clarke, but it'd crack me up if Kit started dating Emilia in RL.

He just got married to Rose a week or two ago, so I doubt you're going to see that happen.

Fedor

<Banned>
351E953300000578-0-image-m-25_1465577696901.jpg

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rose seems like she's meaner in the sack. Clarke is hot but she seems conservative. The ginger is taking loads on her face etc.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Question for the board, Daenerys is sitting on her throne and reveals to John Snow that she is pregnant with their child. Bran Stark arrives in the throne room moments later and let's them know they're related and that Daenrys is John's aunt. Tyrion Lanister is stand right there, what does he say?

Can't wait to see how that scene plays out.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Uh no. I never watched Rome or attempted to until after watching Sparticus. I've tried to watch it twice and it seemed cheesy as fuck to me. I never made it past 2 episodes in. Maybe it got better but everything about it seemed terrible after watching Blood and Sand, Black Sails and Games of Thrones. Even the gay as fuck intro had me loathing even trying to watch it before it ended. On the other hand I loved the movie Risen and have seen it several times since it plays over and over currently.

I'll download it back to DVR and try again since so many think it is great. Maybe just the first episode was cheesy.

I figured it was just Starz fuckery. Much how I liked The White Queen but felt The White Princess felt fucked.

No, it's pretty much the opposite of Starz Fuckery. Season 1 is, for me, the best season of TV ever made (Some other shows may challenge it for the best show, but this season is truly something else). Aside from MAYBE deadwood, there isn't another show that was as good in every respect that makes a TV show good; that hits every note well.

If you like Roman history, it's potentially one of the most accurate depictions of the Roman era you will ever see on screen. The pleb plots are fiction, and a lot of the drama is fiction, but the actual atmosphere, and setting are ultra accurate, right down to the armor and the way citizens handled disputes.

If you don't watch very closely, episode 1 and 2 can seem obscure. But if you do, you'll see its setting up the political power struggle which plays out through the rest of the season--there is a lot of subtlety conveyed and its fucking excellent. But yeah, it becomes more overt in later episodes and easier to follow and the characters become pretty amazing.

Really, stick with it...It's for sure though not the starz shit--it's one of the most expensive shows ever made, and its SO well done. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch it on HBO (Since it was an HBO/BBC production.) That said, not sure where you live--make sure you don't watch the English netflix version of it...With a 10 episode first season (There should be 12 or 13 episodes in Season 1, depending on how its broken down...)...The 10 episode version sucks dick, and takes out all the backstory that allows everything to make sense, the first 2 episodes are a fucking mess because of it.

This is one of those shows you get to the end of and it gets better as you digest it--the depth of the character arcs, and the story is really epic. I'm biased since this is my favorite period of history, but damn, it's a good show. You'll never see a better depiction of Ceasar on screen, ever. Ever. HBO fucking blew it by not allowing them to roll to their planned 5 seasons. =-/ To this day it pisses me off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
No, it's pretty much the opposite of Starz Fuckery. Season 1 is, for me, the best season of TV ever made (Some other shows may challenge it for the best show, but this season is truly something else). Aside from MAYBE deadwood, there isn't another show that was as good in every respect that makes a TV show good; that hits every note well.

This right here. I love the hell out of Spartacus but Rome is the best show ever made. It does have the advantage of only two seasons so it cooks from start to finish. There are no shit episodes and no filler. The casting is brilliant and Titus Pullo is arguably the best character in tv history. The series is pretty much devoid of weakness in any area and no other show can really claim that. The only dissent comes from people who have little interest in Roman history and we've all weeded those types out of our lives by now anyway.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Uh no. I never watched Rome or attempted to until after watching Sparticus. I've tried to watch it twice and it seemed cheesy as fuck to me. I never made it past 2 episodes in. Maybe it got better but everything about it seemed terrible after watching Blood and Sand, Black Sails and Games of Thrones. Even the gay as fuck intro had me loathing even trying to watch it before it ended. On the other hand I loved the movie Risen and have seen it several times since it plays over and over currently.

I'll download it back to DVR and try again since so many think it is great. Maybe just the first episode was cheesy.

I figured it was just Starz fuckery. Much how I liked The White Queen but felt The White Princess felt fucked.
I'm on board with Deadwood, Rome and The Wire. Deadwood is better than Rome, The Wire is slightly better than Deadwood. Westworld is the first one in a while I'm interested in how they handle the premise. I could think of more. Spartacus is kind of cheesy but still very good, sort of like 300. GoT is better than Spartacus, Vikings, Dr Who, Walking Dead etc.
I generally agree with this. I don't think the show is amazing. I certainly wouldn't hold it up against some other TV HBO has done as a work of art, but it's still very entertaining. It might be one of the most purely entertaining shows ever made. Does that make it good? Either way hard to call it anything but an absolute success. Even these later seasons that are hurt by not having source material to work off of.
Solidly agree. But plenty of shows are better than Game of Thrones.