GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

spronk

FPS noob
Didn't know the first time a piano was used in Game of Thrones score was the opening of episode 10, season 6

The director of this episode, Miguel Sapochnik (also Battle of the Bastards, Hardhome, and Altered Carbon episode 1) will be returning to direct episode 3 and 5 of season 8. The showrunners will be directing the final episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Expecting big things from those episodes now. His previous ones have all been fantastic.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I forgot just how beautiful the imagery of that entire act went down. The music and everything was just so perfect. God damn is this a fantastic show. And it's over after the next season... Sad. Oh well, at least I'll remember it.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I forgot just how beautiful the imagery of that entire act went down. The music and everything was just so perfect. God damn is this a fantastic show. And it's over after the next season... Sad. Oh well, at least I'll remember it.
Meh. We got enough series now to fill the urge after this one and with possible spinoffs life won't be so bad.
I started to watch a few episodes last night but it was still too soon™ so I am starting Black Sails tonight instead. After that I'll do Spartacus again even though it has been only like 8 months since my last binge.
Before Strike Back the past 2 weeks I did like 100 episodes of MASH.

Speaking of Strike Back, good series. I liked Porter from season 1 but Andrew Lincoln, I thought was pretty horrible as Collins.
I LOVED seasons 2-5 with Stonebridge and Scott and Rhona Mitra still remains one of only a few crushes I have. The 4 episodes in the season 6 reboot so far have been a bit meh to me. Oh well.

Caliane

LF is the Waif?! Im all aboard!

but seriously, how can you give the showrunners that much credit still? the writing has been incredibly trashteir and basic for quite some time. They can' be assed about teleporting dragons, and you think they are subtle geniuses, with Littlefinger? No. they are retarded, and everything went exactly as was shown.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah the last couple of seasons have definitely shifted to being all about spectacle over substance. Not that it's not entertaining, because dragons setting an army and baggage train on fire was great, but the writing has indeed been trash since they've mostly passed the books up.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Yeah the last couple of seasons have definitely shifted to being all about spectacle over substance. Not that it's not entertaining, because dragons setting an army and baggage train on fire was great, but the writing has indeed been trash since they've mostly passed the books up.

I can buy a good bit of last season lacking some substance, but the end of S6 was great.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
S6 and S7 where painfully incoherent. Both of those seasons pretty much nothing was moved forward. These morons have 8 episodes left to resolve;

The whole fucking white walker army heading south
The night king
Cersei's child and her romance with Jaime
Tyrion being mad he didnt get to bang Daenerys
The fact John and Daenerys are related
The overall fight over Westeros between the houses
Whatever the hell happened to that fuck buddy Daenerys eft in charge back in Esos
Dickless going to rescue his sister from his uncle
+ god knows how many other subplots(Glegane bowl etc.)

S8 is going to be a cluster fuck.

Merrith

S6 and S7 where painfully incoherent. Both of those seasons pretty much nothing was moved forward.

S6 nothing moved forward? Sparrow story line completed when she blew everything up. Tyrells in King's Landing all taken care of when she blew shit up. Arya Faceless training stuff wrapped up. Dany over in bumfuck finally done as she sailed for Westeros. Ramsey and Boltons all buttfucked by Jon, new King in the North. I mean yeah there are other plot points and they have to wrap up a good amount of stuff in the final season...but ton of shit was moved forward/finished in last couple episodes of S6.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but s08e06 is going to have a run time of 13:27:16, so it works.

rofl

Seriously tho, that would be awesome in its own way. The conclusion to GoT is a series of movies worthy in length of being a HBO weekend movie marathon.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That scene still angers me to no end. The entire thing is C tier action writing nonsense from before it even starts. "We need food and supplies! Let's go teleport to this supply train several weeks away. OK now let's BURN THE SUPPLIES WE LITERALLY JUST SAID WE NEED instead of the soldiers that are lining up for us AWAY FROM THE PRECIOUS WAGONS. Oh and let's have none of this overwhelming force care about the 1 wagon that's not on fire while that one jackass takes 2 minutes to reload and aim the thing. And then it's fine that the one armored guy brings up the other armored guy from what looked to be a pretty deep lake and just swam to the other side but let's not worry about that because it seemed dramatic"

The entire thing felt deus ex machina to the extreme and was so, so bad. The teleporting army was the least offensive thing about the whole bit. It's fine to have some spectacle but when it's so forced and fake I'd rather just see more talking or boobs.

Sterling

El Presidente
That scene still angers me to no end. The entire thing is C tier action writing nonsense from before it even starts. "We need food and supplies! Let's go teleport to this supply train several weeks away. OK now let's BURN THE SUPPLIES WE LITERALLY JUST SAID WE NEED instead of the soldiers that are lining up for us AWAY FROM THE PRECIOUS WAGONS. Oh and let's have none of this overwhelming force care about the 1 wagon that's not on fire while that one jackass takes 2 minutes to reload and aim the thing. And then it's fine that the one armored guy brings up the other armored guy from what looked to be a pretty deep lake and just swam to the other side but let's not worry about that because it seemed dramatic"

The entire thing felt deus ex machina to the extreme and was so, so bad. The teleporting army was the least offensive thing about the whole bit. It's fine to have some spectacle but when it's so forced and fake I'd rather just see more talking or boobs.
Sure, but it looked cool.