GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just saying that the skill levels of pointing a stick at something and performing experimental surgery for the first time might not be equivalent with one another. i would also like to know how an ice dragon burns down an ice wall, where a horde of zombies gets massive chains from. how benjen stark pops in the nick of time from out of the blue to save the day, then dies and Sansa and Arya stark pull off this ingenius plan against littlefinger. but lets keep to the surgical skills of sam for now.

They don't have to be equivalent, Sam basically even just said follow the instructions and don't be a pussy. "Ice dragon" probably still breathes fire, shit just blue, bro. Who knows where they got chains for, Night King surely hasn't been plotting for that long, only couple thousand years. I was disappointed when they cut that scene/episode of the Night King's forge where they made the thing over how long...about as much as I'm sad they cut all the travel time scenes by ship or Dany flying on Drogon. Who knows on benjen, although it was clear a bit of time was supposed to have passed while they were surrounded out there on the frozen island. Benjen might have been thinking...maybe I should find out where they all went. Not sure why their plan against LF was that ingenious, Sansa only clearly has been like "wtf" towards him ever since he left her with the Boltons, not hard to realize that all he does is manipulate. He literally taught her.

All that stuff is silly shit though. Like how we just accepted the Young Wolf in Rob Stark way back when was some tactical mastermind on the battlefield despite having zero experience in command constantly out-maneuvering the Lannister armies (and Jaime himself when he was captured) b/c Martin was like "lol he's smart bro".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They don't have to be equivalent, Sam basically even just said follow the instructions and don't be a pussy. "Ice dragon" probably still breathes fire, shit just blue, bro. Who knows where they got chains for, Night King surely hasn't been plotting for that long, only couple thousand years. I was disappointed when they cut that scene/episode of the Night King's forge where they made the thing over how long...about as much as I'm sad they cut all the travel time scenes by ship or Dany flying on Drogon. Who knows on benjen, although it was clear a bit of time was supposed to have passed while they were surrounded out there on the frozen island. Benjen might have been thinking...maybe I should find out where they all went. Not sure why their plan against LF was that ingenious, Sansa only clearly has been like "wtf" towards him ever since he left her with the Boltons, not hard to realize that all he does is manipulate. He literally taught her.

All that stuff is silly shit though. Like how we just accepted the Young Wolf in Rob Stark way back when was some tactical mastermind on the battlefield despite having zero experience in command constantly out-maneuvering the Lannister armies (and Jaime himself when he was captured) b/c Martin was like "lol he's smart bro".
let me ask you something, how well do you think an exceptional person would do performing open heart surgery on their first try after "following the instructions"? also how does an ice person "forge" chains?

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I give the Rob Stark thing a pass. Historically that does happen, that you have a gifted young man outmaneuver a seasoned veteran commander. I assume what it usually comes down to is the quality of the officers as much as the man himself. So we just sort of assume that Rob Stark had se;f motivated intelligent officers and the Lannisters had well paid well educated ones. Superior logistics and a dedication/quality of command made a telling difference. At least that's how I interpret the "Rob Stark is an awesome commander, just don't question it". The aftermath and the way he was assassinated validate that. Self motivated will win for a while but if you lose a few... well, they are SELF motivated. And somehow the Lannisters still have giant armies despite having their shit pushed in for the entire show and their gold mines run dry five years ago.

And I do love to shit on game of thrones. But that one was fine.

What's stupid is that they've been at this for 10 years now and winter STILL hasn't arrived.

• 3Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I give the Rob Stark thing a pass. Historically that does happen, that you have a gifted young man outmaneuver a seasoned veteran commander. I assume what it usually comes down to is the quality of the officers as much as the man himself. So we just sort of assume that Rob Stark had se;f motivated intelligent officers and the Lannisters had well paid well educated ones. Superior logistics and a dedication/quality of command made a telling difference. At least that's how I interpret the "Rob Stark is an awesome commander, just don't question it". The aftermath and the way he was assassinated validate that. Self motivated will win for a while but if you lose a few... well, they are SELF motivated. And somehow the Lannisters still have giant armies despite having their shit pushed in for the entire show and their gold mines run dry five years ago.

And I do love to shit on game of thrones. But that one was fine.

What's stupid is that they've been at this for 10 years now and winter STILL hasn't arrived.
global warming.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Build me 1000 ships! Poof, wood pulled out of Ironborne ass, ships done, beats existing fleet to location, stomps over everyone in every encounter.

Any issues I have with the later episodes of the series I blame on them just plain running out of time. They had to unlock fast travel to finish things up so that's what we got.

• 1Like

Merrith

let me ask you something, how well do you think an exceptional person would do performing open heart surgery on their first try after "following the instructions"? also how does an ice person "forge" chains?

Open heart surgery? This is removing scabs and rubbing on lotion essentially. Even from the descriptions in the show the main reason it was banned sounded like idiots infecting themselves.

I wasn't insinuating they actually "forged them", just trolling with the idea that we needed some scene of them forging chains to suspend disbelief that at some point in the last 8,000 years or however long the Night King acquired some huge chains for some future purpose. Also the whole "ice person" thing hasn't seemed to really been an issue for WW's around fire anyways (normal fire at least).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Open heart surgery? This is removing scabs and rubbing on lotion essentially. Even from the descriptions in the show the main reason it was banned sounded like idiots infecting themselves.

I wasn't insinuating they actually "forged them", just trolling with the idea that we needed some scene of them forging chains to suspend disbelief that at some point in the last 8,000 years or however long the Night King acquired some huge chains for some future purpose. Also the whole "ice person" thing hasn't seemed to really been an issue for WW's around fire anyways (normal fire at least).
scabs? ok now i know you're trolling.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This show has so much to criticize but some of the things y'all focus on really showcase your neckbeard level.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Eh, I'm with ya for the most part, but "cut off the gross looking skin and apply a salve" is WAY more simple than open-heart surgery.

Edit -- I really gotta get in the habit of reading more before replying. Already covered but yeah, come on chuk :p

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eh, I'm with ya for the most part, but "cut off the gross looking skin and apply a salve" is WAY more simple than open-heart surgery.

Edit -- I really gotta get in the habit of reading more before replying. Already covered but yeah, come on chuk :p
both are life saving surgeries and if done wrong both can result in death of the patient. it aint no fucking scabs, if it was that simple, people would pick them off themselves and greyscale wouldnt ever be a thing.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-9066-1378510223-9.gif

• 3Picard

Malakriss

Maybe we should argue whether the potential book version of events (should it ever come out) would be much more involved and how much they simplified it for television?

Merrith

both are life saving surgeries and if done wrong both can result in death of the patient. it aint no fucking scabs, if it was that simple, people would pick them off themselves and greyscale wouldnt ever be a thing.

If they don't have the medicinal rub to apply afterwards, it just would come back.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Actually, the likelihood of people attempting to cure Greyscale is unlikely in itself as it has been passed down by generation to generation of being incredibly infectious/contagious. So, again, one does not know if people actually attempted to ridding someone of Greyscale aside from the book that fatso (I can't remember his name) read.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actually, the likelihood of people attempting to cure Greyscale is unlikely in itself as it has been passed down by generation to generation of being incredibly infectious/contagious. So, again, one does not know if people actually attempted to ridding someone of Greyscale aside from the book that fatso (I can't remember his name) read.
i dunno man, if somebody even a caveman noticed some hard shit on their arm, the first thing they're going to do is try to remove it. Stannis the Mannis had all kinds of maesters look into helping Shireen and they were only able to help her because she was so young.

#itsnotfuckingscabs

• 1Salty

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

My personal guess is that once he was part of the way through the Winds of Winter he realized there was no way he was going to be able to conclude the series (and have it meet his standards) with just the final two books. He also doesn't want to write more than two books. He then convinced himself that if he wrote each chapter perfectly he could do it. Now he's seven or eight years in to writing it and that isn't really working either but he's put in so much time on it he can't change course.

I honestly have no expectation he'll ever finish A Song of Ice and Fire. He can write other books in that universe and people really like the show and that's enough.

• 1Like