GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because it wouldn't have had any supernatural/fantasy elements, which the series relies heavily on.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded that, but a lot of people would have felt it was boring without dragons and the undead and shit.
Which is ironic, because most people got drawn into Game of Thrones for the political intrigue. I mean, shit, they called the show Game of Thrones and not A Song of Ice and Fire.

I think most of us, especially book readers, saw where this all went way off the rails once the magic shit got super in depth.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Which is ironic, because most people got drawn into Game of Thrones for the political intrigue. I mean, shit, they called the show Game of Thrones and not A Song of Ice and Fire.

I think most of us, especially book readers, saw where this all went way off the rails once the magic shit got super in depth.

The early adopters got into it for the political shit.

The shows numbers have gotten steadily bigger each season, and from casuals I've talked to that's largely from the fantasy elements.

0a14ad296345517541ffdf10dbe5dc98.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whether you got into the series for politics, fantasy, or tits the fact of the matter is when it comes down to the last season you want kick ass fist-pump yell at the TV screen action mixed with all of the fantasy football elements of who racks up the most kills vs. who fails and dies horribly.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'll be happy if things just made sense. But that hope vanished completely by last year. Now I just hope Jon snow jumps on his Harley and declares he's going to haul ass to Lollapalooza.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The cgi/action of the later seasons is the payoff for the foreplay of the early seasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I'll be happy if things just made sense. But that hope vanished completely by last year. Now I just hope Jon snow jumps on his Harley and declares he's going to haul ass to Lollapalooza.

Still think a lot of the criticism last season was retarded shit. "But travel time" etc. Even the whole trip north to get the wight I was fine with because we got the fucking Badass A Team group and all of the great dialogue between those guys. It's all setup for the finish, they just need to not botch that.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Still think a lot of the criticism last season was retarded shit. "But travel time" etc. Even the whole trip north to get the wight I was fine with because we got the fucking Badass A Team group and all of the great dialogue between those guys. It's all setup for the finish, they just need to not botch that.
what season did Sam cure Greyscale on his first try?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't care about travel time at all, but the dialogue is probably the biggest let down since they ran out of Martin's writing to assist.

• 3Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't care about travel time at all, but the dialogue is probably the biggest let down since they ran out of Martin's writing to assist.

Exactly. Tyrion is such a lame duck now after being the star the first few seasons. His dialogue is garbage compared to what it used to be.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whether you got into the series for politics, fantasy, or tits the fact of the matter is when it comes down to the last season you want kick ass fist-pump yell at the TV screen action mixed with all of the fantasy football elements of who racks up the most kills vs. who fails and dies horribly.

Well said. This is gonna rock!!

• 1Like

Merrith

I'd agree it suffered in some areas. But if the claim is there hasn't been any good dialogue since they got beyond the books (or even just last season), I'll completely disagree.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What you didn't like tons of river travel and turtles?

I reread the entire series over the summer and as I had always planned I skipped 100% of Danny's chapters from every book and all of Tirion's chapters in the final book.

It made the whole thing a breeze.

• 1Like

Merrith

so you equate him pointing a magic stick at a magical creature to surgical mastery in the field of magical medicine?

It's ironic to call it surgical mastery in "magical" medicine when it literally had a procedure with pretty straightforward treatment (remove infected outer layer, apply medicine). The irony of him responding to the Grand Maester of how he did it with "well I just followed the instructions" is even better.

No my main point was this was already a character that has been established to have done BIG THINGS in the story, and followed that up by basically studying anything and everything that could be important (WW's, Val steel, Targs, Long night, dragons, etc). If you had to pick a character who would succeed at that, I can't imagine it would be anyone other than Sam.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's ironic to call it surgical mastery in "magical" medicine when it literally had a procedure with pretty straightforward treatment (remove infected outer layer, apply medicine). The irony of him responding to the Grand Maester of how he did it with "well I just followed the instructions" is even better.

No my main point was this was already a character that has been established to have done BIG THINGS in the story, and followed that up by basically studying anything and everything that could be important (WW's, Val steel, Targs, Long night, dragons, etc). If you had to pick a character who would succeed at that, I can't imagine it would be anyone other than Sam.
I'm just saying that the skill levels of pointing a stick at something and performing experimental surgery for the first time might not be equivalent with one another. i would also like to know how an ice dragon burns down an ice wall, where a horde of zombies gets massive chains from. how benjen stark pops in the nick of time from out of the blue to save the day, then dies and Sansa and Arya stark pull off this ingenius plan against littlefinger. but lets keep to the surgical skills of sam for now.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users