GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Started re-watching this from the beginning. So many quality titties in season one. Also some of the actors look so fucking young. Bran especially.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
My body is ready...to be terribly disappointed.
It might still be super stupid for the first half, but hopefully at least the last half of the season will be more focused on the endings that Gurrm directly gave them and less on coming up with the most retarded ways to get there like they've been doing the last few seasons.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It might still be super stupid for the first half, but hopefully at least the last half of the season will be more focused on the endings that Gurrm directly gave them and less on coming up with the most retarded ways to get there like they've been doing the last few seasons.
Here's hoping. I expect the action/CGI stuff to be pretty good, at the very least.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hulu has a contest going with HBO where you can win a trip to Croatia where some of the show was filmed. to enter, you have to binge watch the show -- each season is 1 entry, and if you watch all 7 you get a bonus 10 entries. so i've been rewatching yet again (admittedly a lot of it while i'm asleep), and damn i really do enjoy this show so much even on this, my roughly 7th time watching the whole thing. even the bad seasons are only bad by GoT standards, still better than the majority of stuff on TV these days.

currently i'm watching Cersei walk naked through the streets of King's Landing.

SHAME! SHAME! :D

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Gendry is Cersei and Roberts only real child together, that's my twist and when all of the main characters die or peace out, he will sit the Iron Throne

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Gendry is Cersei and Roberts only real child together, that's my twist and when all of the main characters die or peace out, he will sit the Iron Throne

i've seen that proposed elsewhere. it conflicts with the prophecy the witch told Cersei when she was a kid (depicted at the very beginning of Season 5 Episode 1 if you want to go back and watch it)

Cersei: "Will the king and I have children?"
Witch: "The king will have twenty, you will have three. Gold will be their crowns, and gold their shrouds "

this does make the conversation Cersei has with Catelyn in S01E02 pretty confusing. my theory? she was just straight up sociopathically lying to Catelyn to manipulate her.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
i've seen that proposed elsewhere. it conflicts with the prophecy the witch told Cersei when she was a kid (depicted at the very beginning of Season 5 Episode 1 if you want to go back and watch it)

Cersei: "Will the king and I have children?"
Witch: "The king will have twenty, you will have three. Gold will be their crowns, and gold their shrouds "

this does make the conversation Cersei has with Catelyn in S01E02 pretty confusing. my theory? she was just straight up sociopathically lying to Catelyn to manipulate her.
Ya that Catelyn conversation is where I've seen this drawn from, but it does conflict with the witches prophecy. It makes sense though and would be the utlimate F-U to Cersei and all of her machinations, which in a way would be pretty gratifying.

I have very low expectations about this season, and think the quality has suffered dramatically since they stopped using the books to draw from - that said, I'm still excited and it can't come soon enough

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Hulu has a contest going with HBO where you can win a trip to Croatia where some of the show was filmed. to enter, you have to binge watch the show -- each season is 1 entry, and if you watch all 7 you get a bonus 10 entries. so i've been rewatching yet again (admittedly a lot of it while i'm asleep), and damn i really do enjoy this show so much even on this, my roughly 7th time watching the whole thing. even the bad seasons are only bad by GoT standards, still better than the majority of stuff on TV these days.

currently i'm watching Cersei walk naked through the streets of King's Landing.

SHAME! SHAME! :D
Each year I've watched the previous season sometime before the upcoming one to refresh my memory. Have binged the entire show about twice and one of those times was back in s3 or 4. Last time was around s6 maybe, don't remember.

Trailer looks great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Each year I've watched the previous season sometime before the upcoming one to refresh my memory. Have binged the entire show about twice and one of those times was back in s3 or 4. Last time was around s6 maybe, don't remember.

Trailer looks great.

well brosephius, this is IT. show is OVER after this coming season. if you were ever going to binge through the entire series again, the time is now. if you average about 1 and 2/3s of an episode a day starting tonight you can get them all done by April 14th.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Im pumped for this high budget weak plot action movie of a final season

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
well brosephius, this is IT. show is OVER after this coming season. if you were ever going to binge through the entire series again, the time is now. if you average about 1 and 2/3s of an episode a day starting tonight you can get them all done by April 14th.
When you watch a finished show all together in its entirety it's a different experience, often a better one.

Decided a while ago to wait till after it ends to binge from the beginning.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

The Gendry throne people are funny, like the is a GOT Murry that will do a DNA test or something.

Duder has no one to truely vouch for him aside from /magics/

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So tonight I was able to finish up Season 6. God damn was that season amazing. I loved pretty much all of it. Even the surprise appearance of Al Swearengen for a little bit in the first episode before his hanging.
Episode #9 & 10 were beautiful.

Anyway, after I completed the last episode, I put in the first disc for season 7, just to prepare it for the next time I'm able to watch. Nope. The disc begins loading, the screen goes dark, then suddenly I'm back at my bluray menu screen with a note in the middle that says "Cannot play this disc. Ensure the playback side is not damaged and wipe the disc with a soft cloth." I tried that, and again, no dice. I tried the other 2 discs to the same result. So I gave Amazon a call. Even though I first ordered this set on July 30th, 2017 (it was delivered around December 18th because Hawaii), they were able to send me a replacement free of charge. I just need to return the unplayable discs with their return label. Good shit. Amazon wins again.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So tonight I was able to finish up Season 6. God damn was that season amazing.

And even if the rest of the season sucked, that fin episode would have made up for all 9 other episodes.

How about that soundtrack piece at the beginning of that episode? I think it's the longest piece from the whole series, and it's the first use of piano, so your ears really perk up after 6 seasons of mostly strings.

Also, big pretty green boom. :)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So tonight I was able to finish up Season 6. God damn was that season amazing. I loved pretty much all of it. Even the surprise appearance of Al Swearengen for a little bit in the first episode before his hanging.
Episode #9 & 10 were beautiful.

Anyway, after I completed the last episode, I put in the first disc for season 7, just to prepare it for the next time I'm able to watch. Nope. The disc begins loading, the screen goes dark, then suddenly I'm back at my bluray menu screen with a note in the middle that says "Cannot play this disc. Ensure the playback side is not damaged and wipe the disc with a soft cloth." I tried that, and again, no dice. I tried the other 2 discs to the same result. So I gave Amazon a call. Even though I first ordered this set on July 30th, 2017 (it was delivered around December 18th because Hawaii), they were able to send me a replacement free of charge. I just need to return the unplayable discs with their return label. Good shit. Amazon wins again.

what the fuck is a disc?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
what the fuck is a disc?
20190306_222640.jpg