GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bitrate really matters. A 4k stream is actually closer to 1080p quality. The DRM hoops you have to jump through are far more annoying than messing with the discs for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Bitrate really matters. A 4k stream is actually closer to 1080p quality. The DRM hoops you have to jump through are far more annoying than messing with the discs for me.

looks clear as fuck to me, honestly it's sometimes too clear in some movies/shows.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
looks clear as fuck to me, honestly it's sometimes too clear in some movies/shows.

User, display, distance, and size play a lot into whether or not you're going to really tell the difference, but there is a clear difference if you look for it. If you pirate at all, you'll probably have seen ridiculously large rips upwards of 80gigs when the average one people download are 1-4. That's how drastic the difference in size can be and it's why Netflix and others stream really compressed videos in many cases as its not feasible to feed full quality to everyone, as the majority wouldn't notice anyway. (yet will go out of their way to buy an expensive 4k tv they won't ever take full advantage of)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some theory about Ned Stark coming back as a wight and all the other former Lords of the North because their bodies are in the Catacombs unburned like the rest of the people in the North. I could definitely see that happening. Imagine Sean Bean getting a call like 7 years later "Hey, we need you for another episode." "What the fuck?".

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What's the consensus about trying to stop them anyway? A stand at Winterfell failing with a retreat to the neck? I could also see Cersei coming up from the rear and using the neck to keep the others in the north to keep control of the south. Have Jaime take her out at the last moment and take control of the army to avoid the others getting caught in retreat.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Some theory about Ned Stark coming back as a wight and all the other former Lords of the North because their bodies are in the Catacombs unburned like the rest of the people in the North. I could definitely see that happening. Imagine Sean Bean getting a call like 7 years later "Hey, we need you for another episode." "What the fuck?".

What's he gonna do, carry his head around with him?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
What's the consensus about trying to stop them anyway? A stand at Winterfell failing with a retreat to the neck? I could also see Cersei coming up from the rear and using the neck to keep the others in the north to keep control of the south. Have Jaime take her out at the last moment and take control of the army to avoid the others getting caught in retreat.

I’d imagine they wouldn’t want to retreat much...the more they engage and retreat the larger the enemery army gets.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I’d imagine they wouldn’t want to retreat much...the more they engage and retreat the larger the enemery army gets.

It wouldn't be a matter of choice at that point though. Last stands only exist when there's no chance of retreat, or if it buys time for a more important battle taking place. GRRM talked up the neck far too much for it to not be a pivotal part in something other than is being taken by the Ironborn. But, Winterfell is also hailed as quite the fortress, so that probably has to play into it as well. I've viewed them both with a "Chekhov's gun" approach since the first book.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It's a neat idea but we've just got so little time. Just wrapping up what has been set down is going to require a breakneck pace for the remaining episodes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It wouldn't be a matter of choice at that point though. Last stands only exist when there's no chance of retreat, or if it buys time for a more important battle taking place. GRRM talked up the neck far too much for it to not be a pivotal part in something other than is being taken by the Ironborn. But, Winterfell is also hailed as quite the fortress, so that probably has to play into it as well. I've viewed them both with a "Chekhov's gun" approach since the first book.

I think Winterfell will be where it ends...if not there then the neck. It’s hard I guess as I try to think of scenarios as to how it’ll play out.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You know, the Night King raising the corpses in the crypt which is located within WInterfell would make for one hell of a Trojan horse. Making the last stand on the walls and here comes daddy shambling from behind.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
You know, the Night King raising the corpses in the crypt which is located within WInterfell would make for one hell of a Trojan horse. Making the last stand on the walls and here comes daddy shambling from behind.
Was a Ringer podcast that mentioned that. Was some serious autism to do a 1 hour podcast about a 2 minute trailer.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah there is one moment from the trailer that, while only by implication, i'm pretty sure ruined a pretty cool moment for me

Jon and Dany walking towards the two dragons in a shot that looks like the middle of nowhere. really implies that Jon and Dany are both about to hop on and fly dragonback. we've seen Dany do it, of course, but Jon doing it for the first time is going to be a pretty sweet moment if it happens.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've heard a bunch of people theorizing that the Night King and army of the dead will be taken care of first, then there will be final battle over the throne. I mean that could be like final 2 episodes maybe but would seem a little anti-climatic to finally overcome the NK then just tell the dragon to burn Cersei or Jaime just kills her after. Only way that would work for me is if Cleganebowl caps it all off and is as legendary as it can be.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cersei and the Mountain are on Arya's list. She has to get one of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users