GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best new theory I heard sure to be a darling of some here is that Littlefinger faked his death somehow and will return to claim the Iron Throne at the end.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
anything short of complete destruction of all the Houses and total white walker victory would be utter disappointment. Hollywood happy ending crap. GoT is not walking into a sunset holding hands and singing Kumbaya. But I think this is what we're gonna get, judging by the hollywoodesque last season. It was predictable and bland. So will be this. And it's all fucking GRRM's fault. That old fart should have been writing and not basking in the glory of past feats. With no path to take the story, hollywood is gonna crap all over it and make up their own. But I'm still gonna watch it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Best new theory I heard sure to be a darling of some here is that Littlefinger faked his death somehow and will return to claim the Iron Throne at the end.

That would be terrible, but I could live with Varys doing the same in some elaborate long-con. Who doesn't love that bald-headed eunuch bastard?

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

The EW article that talked about the Winterfell battle episode mentions that the Battle of Winterfell ends with a lot of characters dead. I would imagine that the Army of the Dead has to lose at Winterfell or else the Night King wins w/o a major Deus Ex Machina. When you think about it, all the most powerful forces are basically going to be centered at Winterfell. If the Battle of Winterfell was lost, then Westeros is fucked because everyone is too spread thin/no strong alliances/no intel on what is effective vs. the undead...plus the undead turn all the powerful forces into undead slaves, so there is that.

Cersei doesn't care, though, which makes her a threat as well. I can see a Westeros Team Six being dispatched to get rid of Cersei to cut the head off that snake, which will probably give us Clegane Bowl and Jamie fulfilling the prophecy of Cersei being killed by the valanar (even if they didnt really address that in the show, the action will still work in the show).

Merrith

That would be terrible, but I could live with Varys doing the same in some elaborate long-con. Who doesn't love that bald-headed eunuch bastard?

More so just for the crazy love LF had around here as this all knowing mastermind ahead of everyone's moves...which he wasn't on the show, or in the books, even.

I wish Varys could pull it off, but we already have the prediction from Melisandre.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Kings landing will be levelled by dragons and winterfell becomes the capital. Calling it
Well Daenerys had the vision of Winterfell in Qarth. Was it covered in ash or snow? Or purposely ambiguous? Can't remember the book passage.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Good news! My replacement season 7 discs arrived today, and all 3 (plus the animated history) work fine in my player. Huzzah! I'll begin watching tonight.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just started watching Season 7. Holy shit, I completely forgot that Arya wiped out all of house Frey with poison wine. Great start to the season. And season 8 is coming so soon.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some theory about Ned Stark coming back as a wight and all the other former Lords of the North because their bodies are in the Catacombs unburned like the rest of the people in the North. I could definitely see that happening. Imagine Sean Bean getting a call like 7 years later "Hey, we need you for another episode." "What the fuck?".

Undead Hodor is probably going to happen.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Usually if you fake your death it's something like "lost at sea, bodies were unrecoverable." It's pretty hard to fake getting your throat slit in front of a room full of people.

• 1Like

Merrith

Usually if you fake your death it's something like "lost at sea, bodies were unrecoverable." It's pretty hard to fake getting your throat slit in front of a room full of people.

It's clearly bullshit. I just figured the LF fans we have here would get a kick out of it.

iannis

Musty Nester
Since little finger is a merman anyway he technically doesn't need his lungs to breathe. Getting his throat cut hurt, sure, but it wouldn't kill him.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Not if LF was a faceless man and put the "Littlefinger" face on to some unsuspecting dolt and had him get killed for him.

CHECKMATE