Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Sansa is smokin' hot.

So I've finally slogged through Season 7 rewatch. Just have episode 7 left for tonight. It's nuts how much stuff happens in the last 2 episodes of this season. The entire storyline about getting a wight to bring back to Cersei is so fucking dumb. I loved seeing all those dudes together beyond the wall, but aside from that, it's just pure stupid writing.

That's one thing I totally agree on. Having that team all together and some of the dialogue filling some story in was amazing. The idea that "the only way we can prove to Cersei that we need a truce is to go beyond the Wall and grab ONE wight" was silly. She'll totally just instantly believe there's 100k more if we say so.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm almost done with my second complete run through in something like 6 or 7 months, and noticed something that never bothered me before. Drogon's size increases drastically between the time that Dany gets retaken by the Dothraki and when she rides off and fly's back with him in Season 6. I'm not sure how much time has supposedly passed, but he doubled or tripled in size. Never noticed or bothered me before, but I've been picking up a lot of little things, all of the Stark's constantly telling someone younger than them to get their shield up or they'll ring their head like a bell while training, some of the dialogue that made it in from the books, especially in the earlier seasons. Some flaws aside, they did a great job building and maintaining a lot of character and personality for almost all of the cast.

Cybsled

That's one thing I totally agree on. Having that team all together and some of the dialogue filling some story in was amazing. The idea that "the only way we can prove to Cersei that we need a truce is to go beyond the Wall and grab ONE wight" was silly. She'll totally just instantly believe there's 100k more if we say so.

Well, they had to show something. Do you honestly thing Cersei would have taken them at their word? Even if they didn't change Cersei's mind, they ultimately got Jamie on their side. Plus I have to imagine Qyburn would believe the threat to be credible considering the shit he dabbles in,

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're going to nitpick the rate of growth of a mystical creature?

Lol of course I am, this is the internet after all. I get your completely valid point, it is far from the only plot contrivance, and certainly not in the same realm as the time traveling and teleporting that seemingly occurs during Season 7. I utterly enjoy this show, flaws and all, and honestly I think the worst mistake they've made was only using Ian McShane for a very brief cameo in one episode.

Merrith

Well, they had to show something. Do you honestly thing Cersei would have taken them at their word? Even if they didn't change Cersei's mind, they ultimately got Jamie on their side. Plus I have to imagine Qyburn would believe the threat to be credible considering the shit he dabbles in,

I liked how interested Qyburn was, as if its him getting to see what he was trying to do with the Mountain in all its glory with the wight. I agree showing her evidence of it was the only way to really convince her of anything...just the whole plan like we'll send 10 guys to kidnap a single wight beyond the Wall was a little out there as far as plans went.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I liked how interested Qyburn was, as if its him getting to see what he was trying to do with the Mountain in all its glory with the wight. I agree showing her evidence of it was the only way to really convince her of anything...just the whole plan like we'll send 10 guys to kidnap a single wight beyond the Wall was a little out there as far as plans went.

And did 1 of the guys have to be Jon Snow? I'm sure everyone appreciates his enthusiasm, but he's a little too important to be sending on poorly planned suicide missions

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And did 1 of the guys have to be Jon Snow? I'm sure everyone appreciates his enthusiasm, but he's a little too important to be sending on poorly planned suicide missions

Being a total fucking retard is a core part of Jon's character though.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

He's a Stark, they are incapable of not making poorly thought out valiant decisions.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I'd totally forgotten about Bronn and the Hound's confrontation in the Blackwater episode.