• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I have been re-watching and just want to say again fuck Olly

OB6YcPJ.jpg

Dude watched his entire village, literally everyone he ever knew, get slaughtered by wildlings, including the wildling that Lord Snow fell in love with. Out of all the conspirators, his motives were the most understandable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude watched his entire village, literally everyone he ever knew, get slaughtered by wildlings, including the wildling that Lord Snow fell in love with. Out of all the conspirators, his motives were the most understandable.

Not only slaughtered but eaten too, kid was totally justified in his hatred for sure. However, it was a dose of stark reality, the need to ally with the wildlings outnumbered the desire to drive them back. And so, he hung.

I actually liked Littlefinger's death. The dude went from a slimy ass piece of shit schemer to a creepy as fuck stalker between Season 4 and 5. Seriously once Joffery was killed, it went from a dude who'd stop at nothing to stir the pot for his own gain to some creepy ass perv who only wanted to get into Sansa's pussy since Cat's was no longer accessible. I thought it was fitting that the strange he was after ended up killing him.

I do agree though, that season 7 just felt largely squandered as they introduced a character that really shouldn't have been added. Euron was just too much to process with not enough time left to do so. They should have just rolled with what they had before hand. And honestly spending two episodes setting all that bullshit up for what really ended up being nothing consequential was a waste.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I actually liked Littlefinger's death. The dude went from a slimy ass piece of shit schemer to a creepy as fuck stalker between Season 4 and 5. Seriously once Joffery was killed, it went from a dude who'd stop at nothing to stir the pot for his own gain to some creepy ass perv who only wanted to get into Sansa's pussy since Cat's was no longer accessible. I thought it was fitting that the strange he was after ended up killing him.

The complaints about how he died are tied to the complaints about how he was in the post-Joffrey years tho. His character went to shit when they ran out of GRRM writings as a source for him. Being happy with the shitty writing of his death because of the shitty writing leading up to it is eh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The complaints about how he died are tied to the complaints about how he was in the post-Joffrey years tho. His character went to shit when they ran out of GRRM writings as a source for him. Being happy with the shitty writing of his death because of the shitty writing leading up to it is eh.

Fair point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no its more than that. LF in the books is the most powerful man in Westeros, UNOFFICIALLY. he manipulated and networked his way to tthat position and here he is on the tv show playing petty games and getting punked like a little bitch.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That sums up my opinion of the show, really. I enjoy it and I'm looking forward to them wrapping it up this season, but the post-book stuff is significantly lower in quality, writing-wise. Hopefully we get a ton of action in this final season to avoid any more crappy dialogue.

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Don't understand how anyone can watch Littlefinger's death scene, based on how he was built over time, and not think it was a waste of a character. It's not the Stark kids killing him, it's the way it was written. The only thing reaching an interesting idea was Bran quoting s1 back at him and that was entirely unremarkable. Hate to say it but it's true. Otherwise the entire event was rushed shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Winter coming and an army of the undead coming to kill everyone nullifies anything Littlefinger could do, if he didn't die there he would simply be a background non-combatant. GRRM can't even finish the series let alone think about a post-story / sequels so he was a loose end in the franchise where everyone dies and Arya claimed him.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Dying during the seventh season isn't what is being criticized. The scene was poorly written shit.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pretty much everything past the books is poorly written. It’s a fucking shame they sped through the first few seasons and combined a bunch of characters but it is what it is. I am still looking forward to the final season to wrap shit up.

Honestly if fatty McFatfuck finishes his books before his heart attack I imagine he will bitch out and alter the story from what HBO films but whatever.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Littlefinger was ruined the moment they replaced Jeyne Poole with Sansa, because handing Sansa over to the Boltons made absolutely no fucking sense at all.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Merrith

no its more than that. LF in the books is the most powerful man in Westeros, UNOFFICIALLY. he manipulated and networked his way to tthat position and here he is on the tv show playing petty games and getting punked like a little bitch.

I think this is overstating his influence quite a bit. He's done well with manipulation to improve his station quite a bit, but even in the books he isn't liked by the majority of the Vale knights and lords. I'd hardly call him even unofficially the most powerful man in Westeros.

As for the writing of him, it still starts going downhill in AFfC with the Sansa chapters.

• 1Like

Merrith

Littlefinger was ruined the moment they replaced Jeyne Poole with Sansa, because handing Sansa over to the Boltons made absolutely no fucking sense at all.

It helps Theon's character out, though. Saving Jeyne in the books didn't really get Theon any sort of reward except Stannis getting ready to execute him. But agreed that it makes no sense for LF to turn Sansa over to them. Unless he's legit hoping all the trauma makes her more controllable by him/susceptible to his desire for her there's literally no upside for him except to make her pissed off at him for not knowing what she was going to have to go through.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think this is overstating his influence quite a bit. He's done well with manipulation to improve his station quite a bit, but even in the books he isn't liked by the majority of the Vale knights and lords. I'd hardly call him even unofficially the most powerful man in Westeros.

As for the writing of him, it still starts going downhill in AFfC with the Sansa chapters.
i posted the video before, but LF has most of Westeros in a headlock and the rest he is in charge of.

Merrith

i posted the video before, but LF has most of Westeros in a headlock and the rest he is in charge of.

Fuck it I'll just concede the point if we don't have to get more links to your lore vids.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users