GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Both Rhaegar's first son and Jon were named Aegon. Which if you happen to read the Targaryen novel that came out recently, isn't unheard of.
Yes but they specifically called him Aegon the 6th. Aegon the 6th was the infant that was murdered in Kings Landing suppossedly. That's what the Red Viper was so fucking pissed about.

Meaning they are saying Jon is Rhaegars first son. Which is retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Didn't Lyana Stark tell Ned that his name was Aegon at the Tower of Joy? Whispery as fuck, but you can make it out.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The directors they have for this season have historically been pretty good at cramming a lot into their episodes, at least. But even so, I think you're right.

I thought they jammed in a lot this episode. Lots of reunions and plot threads sprinkled throughout the episode. Only slow bit was the flying scene.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
for Game of Thrones season eight are:

• • Episode one – 54 mins
  • • Episode two – 58 mins
  • • Episode three – 60 minutes
  • • Episode four – 78 minutes
  • • Episode five – 80 minutes
  • • Episode six – 80 minutes
My bad pulled the wrong pic haha.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I want to make a meme out of that Sansa line "I used to think you were the cleverest man in the world.". Show a timeline of Tyrion decisions throughout the show, as they progress from awesome to garbage, then that line as the last frame.
As they went from printed material to Show-only, Tyrion went from awesome hero of the blackwater to failure of Mereen to stupid Hand.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yes but they specifically called him Aegon the 6th. Aegon the 6th was the infant that was murdered in Kings Landing suppossedly. That's what the Red Viper was so fucking pissed about.

Meaning they are saying Jon is Rhaegars first son. Which is retarded.

Ah yeah, checked the Wikia, and the number is confusing. Weird.

• 1Like

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
For me, the hallmark of the first 6 seasons of GoT was the methodical moving of chess pieces, followed by cathartic payoff or shocking tragedy. Season 7 did away with much of that careful unfolding, and now season 8 has started with a full blown "fuck it, we gotta end this fast" and it is starting to feel a liiiiiiittle like the last season of Lost.

Theon just magically appears and resuces Yara, with almost zero buildup?
Cersei bizarrely lets Euron fuck her, and practically does it in front of everyone?
Jaime just teleports into Kings Landing?
I could go on, but...

In previous seasons, those stories would be fleshed out with intrigue and danger. Now they just have the fast forward button pressed on everything. I get that the Army of the Dead is coming and there's no more time for fucking around, but it just feels like everything that made the show so mesmerizing has been tossed aside. At this point I just hope they go balls-to-the-wall and kill pretty much everyone. There's just too many loose ends that will never be tied up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's why I was surprised. Probably just a mistakr because wtf if not.
If we want to get technical (not like any of this matters) you don't become Aegon the # until you inherit the throne. Jon's half brother being murdered early technically passes the title of 6th to Jon, as he is the current rightful heir.

Otherwise Jon would be Aegon the 472nd or some shit, since there was a lot of kids named Aegon during the old days.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

The Euron thing could be strategic. A) it provides a cover for the pregnancy vs. it being Jamie's B) Keeps Euron loyal

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If we want to get technical (not like any of this matters) you don't become Aegon the # until you inherit the throne. Jon's half brother being murdered early technically passes the title of 6th to Jon, as he is the current rightful heir.

Otherwise Jon would be Aegon the 472nd or some shit, since there was a lot of kids named Aegon during the old days.
Yeah that makes sense actually.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For me, the hallmark of the first 6 seasons of GoT was the methodical moving of chess pieces, followed by cathartic payoff or shocking tragedy. Season 7 did away with much of that careful unfolding, and now season 8 has started with a full blown "fuck it, we gotta end this fast" and it is starting to feel a liiiiiiittle like the last season of Lost.

Theon just magically appears and resuces Yara, with almost zero buildup?
Cersei bizarrely lets Euron fuck her, and practically does it in front of everyone?
Jamie just teleports into Kings Landing?
I could go on, but...

In previous seasons, those stories would be fleshed out with intrigue and danger. Now they just have the fast forward button pressed on everything. I get that the Army of the Dead is coming and there's no more time for fucking around, but it just feels like everything that made the show so mesmerizing has been tossed aside. At this point I just hope they go balls-to-the-wall and kill pretty much everyone. There's just too many loose ends that will never be tied up.

Yeah it's fucking stupid as shit HBO could of milked this and turned it into more seasons more episodes but they want to blow their load Hollywood style since they have no source material to work it. I wouldn't be surprised to see this man show up in Winterfell.

ash-vs-evil-dead-105-bruce-campbell.jpg

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's fucking stupid as shit HBO could of milked this and turned it into more seasons more episodes but they want to blow their load Hollywood style since they have no source material to work it. I wouldn't be surprised to see this man show up in Winterfell.

ash-vs-evil-dead-105-bruce-campbell.jpg
It would be retarded but I would love ever damn minute of it.

• 12Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty good episode I thought. I was losing interest last couple of seasons but it's coming back now. Is it me or is Euron Kano from mortal kombat. I'm just waiting for him to turn around and laser eye some bitches.

• 1Like

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I totally get that it's a smart strategic move on Cersei's part, but the way it was presented was soooo fuckin' ham-fisted. The whole scene just pivoted on a dime. One second she's telling him to get some whores and threatens to have him killed, the next second she's winking him into the bedroom. I'm just saying that in an earlier season, the whole interaction between Cersei and Euron would've taken some more time to develop.

• 1Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wife liked it when I started belting out “A whole new world!” On the dragon ride scene.

Other than that...good reunion episode.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's a lot to wrap up in 6-8 more hours. Bit concerned the Night King will be left like a card board cutout villain but aside from that interested in how they'll pull this off.