GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What? There are 3 barratheon kings spanning what looks like 20+ years. Cersei is a barratheon queen. No matter what she changed it to after her coronation. It's under barratheon rule right now.

I guess in Chuk land this is true. The brats weren't actually Baratheon, nor is Cersei ruling as one, really. At least so far as claiming that Gendry has as much right to the crown as Jon (Aegon). The Lannisters have controlled the crown since Robert died, that's why they were against Renly and Stannis.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I guess in Chuk land this is true. The brats weren't actually Baratheon, nor is Cersei ruling as one, really. At least so far as claiming that Gendry has as much right to the crown as Jon (Aegon). The Lannisters have controlled the crown since Robert died, that's why they were against Renly and Stannis.
christ, just stop. its been officially Barratheon rule through 3 kings. Cersei chose her maiden name.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't the point that Blood > Name?

Maiden name would be Lannister btw.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is a really dumb and pointless argument about a poorly defined grey area.

So basically it's perfect for this thread.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 10 users

Merrith

christ, just stop. its been officially Barratheon rule through 3 kings. Cersei chose her maiden name.

Did you really link their profiles from got fandom? They aren't Robert's kids. Jon is a Targ, Joffrey and Tommen were Lannisters. Facts.

Also we'll just gloss over the idea that even maybe a full 20 years we'll call "decades" by the barest technical definition and equate that to "as much of a right" compared to Jon's Targ family who ruled for centuries (and yes, more centuries than decades of combined Baratheon and Lannister rule).

Jfc Chuk...

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

The Lannisters supported the "Proper" heir to the throne, The Kings first born son. His brothers tried to usurp the throne by declaring Joffrey Illegitimate.

We know this as viewers. You realize the people of Flea bottom dont get HBO. Joffreys parentage is a rumor amongst a few high born. Nothing more despite its truth.

3 Baratheon Kings. Joffrey and Tommen both used "Of House Baratheon" as their titles.

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

This is a really dumb and pointless argument about a poorly defined grey area.

So basically it's perfect for this thread.

You're absolutely right. If I thought he was troling instead of just being dumb it'd be easier to ignore. I feel Chuk would work best in this thread if he just sat in a wheelchair like Bran all the time but instead of being the 3 Eyed Raven he'd just watch his weird lore vids.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did you really link their profiles from got fandom? They aren't Robert's kids. Jon is a Targ, Joffrey and Tommen were Lannisters. Facts.

Also we'll just gloss over the idea that even maybe a full 20 years we'll call "decades" by the barest technical definition and equate that to "as much of a right" compared to Jon's Targ family who ruled for centuries (and yes, more centuries than decades of combined Baratheon and Lannister rule).

Jfc Chuk...
ahh you're just trolling. NM, thought you were stupid enough to believe that Joffrey and Tommen were Lannister Kings.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not to mention I believe in the books and show, Cersi never took the Baratheon name but is "Cersei Lannister of House Baratheon.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hey guys, look at what this fan site says

damn fanbois at HBO. when will they acknowledge those Lannister kings?

• 3Like
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I mean...Chuk is right given that almost every single person in Westeros believes they were Baratheons. The truth be damned.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage

Merrith

The Lannisters supported the "Proper" heir to the throne, The Kings first born son. His brothers tried to usurp the throne by declaring Joffrey Illegitimate.

We know this as viewers. You realize the people of Flea bottom dont get HBO. Joffreys parentage is a rumor amongst a few high born. Nothing more despite its truth.

3 Baratheon Kings. Joffrey and Tommen both used "Of House Baratheon" as their titles.

Just a rumor amongst the high born? It's like people didn't even watch the show.

Not to mention there was a scene prior to this when it was just Tyrion out amongst the people and some beggar was yelling about Joffrey being Cersei and Jaime's son.

Despite their titles it was the Lannister army and family fighting for and controlling the crown with Tyrion followed by Tywin as Hand of the King.

• 1Garbage

Merrith

I mean...Chuk is right given that almost every single person in Westeros believes they were Baratheons. The truth be damned.

I'm not sure we know what everyone in KL or abroad actually BELIEVES regarding their parentage...but the idea the rumor about it was confined to only a few high born is demonstrably false. An actual rumor only a couple people know currently is Jon's parentage, which is basically himself, Sam, and Bran? And maybe Gilly (she may have heard enough to conclude he was a Sand and not a Snow, but maybe not that he's not a bastard and is a legit Targ)?

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
There has been 3 Baratheon kings, but they thier rule has not spanned decades, it was 15-18 years tops.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There has been 3 Baratheon kings, but they thier rule has not spanned decades, it was 15-18 years tops.
Robert ruled for 17 years. Joff and Tommen ruled at least 3 years. those kids aged up more than 3 years, even in the books.

• 1Garbage

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I hate to admit it but Chuk is technically correct on the decades thing, even if 'decades' normally implies more than just two.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Merrith

Robert ruled for 17 years. Joff and Tommen ruled at least 3 years. those kids aged up more than 3 years, even in the books.

In the books Robert only ruled for 15 years, not sure how much the kids aged in the books. For whatever reason on the show they had Robert say 17 years.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I hate to admit it but Chuk is technically correct on the decades thing, even if 'decades' normally implies more than just two.
some people get even more nitpicky and call anything over ten years as "decades". Barratheons have been ruling for legit decades.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She's not living a full blown lie. She's still the mother of dragons and is immune to heat. John gets burned, so she's got that on him.

• 1Garbage