GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Sounds like a bunch of Hollywood faggot dick waving to me. This shit has never been done before lets blow millions to do a pointless bullshit scene while we take turns blowing each other. Fucking Hollywood faggots.

Next you are going to tell me they have a new Greyworm dry humping scene where dickless grinds his nub on what's her faces mound. Then we're going to get an in depth behind the scenes accounting of how they did it. Fuck you.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It's why he can't finish it. He decided to put a fantasy skin on history and write some scenes. That's fine, some of his scenes are good too. But he wasn't writing a cohesive story last his second book so he can't end it. Not in a satisfying way. His story structure, stories that get told like this just... end.

No one will be satisfied with what he has to do. And someone will ghostwrite it if he d ies tomorrow.

There's nothing to resolve. That might sound dumb, but it's not whitewalkers or who is king on the final page. That is what the story became but not what it started as. The reason winter never comes is because winter is a device.

The betrayal of robert stark, really, is where the story flips. It's two different kinds of story.

The first story was better. The second one isn't too bad, it's just not as good.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
When Qyburn first went to Bronn, I thought we were somehow going to get a Bronn and Cersei scene. Which would have been amazing since they hate each other in real life and won't be in the same room together (previously dated?)

Yeah they previously dated and hate each other with a passion now. Crew members were instructed to keep them apart at all costs.

“Jerome and Lena aren’t on speaking terms any more and they are never in the same room at the same time,” a member of the crew informs me. “It’s a pity because they appeared to have patched things up for a while, but now the word is they should be kept apart at all costs.”

If you think your last break up was bad, remember that Cersei and Bronn IRL have a clause in their contracts to not act in scenes together

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like a bunch of Hollywood faggot dick waving to me.
Really? You don't think the logistics of pulling that off is impressive at least? Dozens of stuntmen being on fire for 10-15 seconds, dozens standing by with extinguishers. Pyrotechnic bombs. Drone cams flying around. Fuck, that shit looks cool and fun as fuck to be involved with, no matter what the end result ends up being.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tommen Baratheon. Jeoffrey Baratheon. >1 decade = decades. Shut up.

Note I was the first person who pointed out if it hit 20 years it technically would be okay to say decades. But they are Lannisters and the entire rest of the point of even a legit 20 years equating to 300 is simply stupid. Silence, peon.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah they previously dated and hate each other with a passion now. Crew members were instructed to keep them apart at all costs.

You'd think for a big enough scene, they could put it aside and just...act.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
You'd think for a big enough scene, they could put it aside and just...act.

Yeah it's pretty childish for "professionals" to act like that no matter how much they hate each other now. The scene would've been better if it was Cersei asking Bronn to kill her brothers. But they can't be in the same room together so... they used Qyburn.

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

• 17Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 19 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah it's pretty childish for "professionals" to act like that no matter how much they hate each other now. The scene would've been better if it was Cersei asking Bronn to kill her brothers. But they can't be in the same room together so... they used Qyburn.

They can shoot the scene with Cercei asking Bronn.

It's not a problem to keep one of them not present while the other is shooting. I.E. Qyburn was pretty far from Bronn 90% of that scene, the handing of the crossbow can be camera tricked with a shot of her back obscuring it all.

D&D simply didn't have the balls to test the clause out and inform them that they're going to do a scene together but not actually be together. That would further insult the both of them, and so they didn't do it.

The clause must be deeper than that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They can shoot the scene with Cercei asking Bronn.

It's not a problem to keep one of them not present while the other is shooting. I.E. Qyburn was pretty far from Bronn 90% of that scene, the handing of the crossbow can be camera tricked with a shot of her back obscuring it all.

D&D simply didn't have the balls to test the clause out and inform them that they're going to do a scene together but not actually be together. That would further insult the both of them, and so they didn't do it.

The clause must be deeper than that.
they just wanted Bronn to get back with his homeys. he might even get WTFpwned by one of the dragons. Dany is super salty about her "children" getting shot at.
tenor.gif

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Really? You don't think the logistics of pulling that off is impressive at least? Dozens of stuntmen being on fire for 10-15 seconds, dozens standing by with extinguishers. Pyrotechnic bombs. Drone cams flying around. Fuck, that shit looks cool and fun as fuck to be involved with, no matter what the end result ends up being.

The logistics, techniques and technology that go into that kinda shit are fascinating and amazing. The stuntmen being on fire and the pyrotechnics involved in that battle last season were amazing. Also, it was an awesome scene.

Using it for that shitty dragon ride was not amazing.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
My hopes are they used that drone tech for more than the dragon ride scene. Like for some awesome dragon footage when the real fighting starts.

Night King vs. Dany aerial battle?

jmj1jpt.jpg

khorum

Murder Apologist
all these cgi dragons, where the wolves be? is the white one and the cripples the only ones alive? i guess Arya's is roaming around too.

They showed Arya's Nymmeria in S7... which a full-body show along with her pack.

It's a long lingering shot and it's almost certainly a setup for a longer reunion in the final season.

Dunno where the fuck Ghost has been tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
They showed Arya's Nymmeria in S7... which a full-body show along with her pack.

It's a long lingering shot and it's almost certainly a setup for a longer reunion in the final season.

Dunno where the fuck Ghost has been tho.

Meh Breaking Bad took foreshadowing from a gimmick to an easter egg art form, folks making GoT drop the ball on that shit all the time. The death of Blackfish and of Stannis both take place off screen, it was shocking how lazy they are at dealing with the end of character arcs. Scenes in GoT are hardly the last 10 minutes of The Sopranos.

• 2Worf