GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where the fuck is Mellisandre in all of this? I thought she was going to be in Winterfell as well, but clearly not as they'd be leaning on the Lord of Light pretty strongly if so.

LoL has been pretty worthless to date save for the chain rez that Thoros was dishing out.

My personal crackpot theory is that the Lord of Light is actually the same person as the Night King, and is using the Lord of Light front to further his agenda. Melisandre's visions have brought ruin to Stannis and Renly, leading to massive wars that have decimated armies, weakening those who might resist an undead invasion and giving more corpses to rez in the future.

We've seen Melisandre is actually really old, perhaps as ancient as the Night King himself. It may be him all along, or his counterpart in some way. She might just be some pawn that he controls by giving visions (Bran's interactions with him show that he has some telepathic ability). She also says (in the book somewhere) that her powers are stronger near the wall so perhaps it was actually the Night King that resurrected Jon for some future plot (like have people turn on each other, he seems to be good at that lately. He was the one that blew up the negotiations in the dragon pit in S7)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought it was a good episode. Basically showing how all these characters are choosing to spend their (potential) last night.

I find it hard to believe that they are going to wrap up the whole Night King saga in the next two episodes. I can see where maybe he and remnants of the undead army make their way to KL for a final push against Winterfell survivors/Cersei/Golden Company.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought the episode was very good. I think we all agree that most of these people are dying, yeah? After 9 years, it's fitting that we get some final intimate moments with them. The Night King is literally at their doorstep. We'll get our action, but I enjoyed what I assume will the final 'calm before the storm' moments of the entire series.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I want to know how Tyrion got anything from Bran, he seemed to have ditched him pretty quick for a seat in front of the fire with some wine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
My personal crackpot theory is that the Lord of Light is actually the same person as the Night King, and is using the Lord of Light front to further his agenda. Melisandre's visions have brought ruin to Stannis and Renly, leading to massive wars that have decimated armies, weakening those who might resist an undead invasion and giving more corpses to rez in the future.

That's actually a common theme through the series - as far as I remember, every single prophecy completely fucks with whoever is trying to do anything about it - clearly the sensible response for that world to someone telling you they had a vision of the future is to tell them to shut the fuck up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I want to know how Tyrion got anything from Bran, he seemed to have ditched him pretty quick for a seat in front of the fire with some wine.
I think you're supposed to pretend more than 1 minute passed since that scene. C'mon, man...

• 2Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I mean, you would think you could talk to Bran the entire night and only get a tiny fraction of what he knows is my point.
Bruh, have you seen Bran lately? Tyrion was like, "I'm not about to talk to this monotone motherfucker for the entirety of my final night on this earth."

• 2Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
He just did a three eyed raven mindmeld. So Bran definitely is dying. Probably eunuch boy too in a hail of redemption bravery.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Bruh, have you seen Bran lately? Tyrion was like, "I'm not about to talk to this monotone motherfucker for the entirety of my final night on this earth."
So we are safe to assume Bran just creeped out and talked about the various rapes of Westeros

• 1Worf

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
When is Melisandre coming back? She said her fate is to die in Westeros, so I assume we'll see her in the final fights somewhere?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
For as much crap the writing of this series gets (most of it justified), the whole fireplace roundtable with Tormund and then the knighting of Brienne was great. Tormund over there clapping his hands like a proud boyfriend.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, I think this is where I'm at too. I think Jon dies being stoic and sacrificing himself for the greater good. Then Danny, Sansa, and Cersei duke it out... Hell, maybe Sansa and Cersei ultimately make a deal to take out Danny so the Anti Mary Sue wins the war and lets the North keep to themselves as payment. Tormund and Brienne as well as Arya and Gentry all settle in some backwoods huts and make lots of giant and assassin babies with killer rowing skills respectively.

I wouldn’t put it past them to kill Jon off. The problem with it is that his parentage is the biggest swerve and most important detail of the entire series. Perhaps it is just fan service so that readers/watchers get to know the truth of his lineage but it really seems like it’s supposed to be a pretty fucking big deal. It rearranges the entire political landscape. If he dies then no one needs to ever care or even know about it, it’s pointless. The reveal of it to the audience would be the sole reason so much time was spent on it. He needs to survive for that part of the story to play out.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My predictions:

Deaths next episode:

Tormund - No reason for him to survive unless they want to tack on him+Brienne love story at the end of the show. Seem unnecessary.

Jaime - His arc seems about complete. Although having him kill Cersei would be a big final payoff, I am doubtful he'll be the one to do it. So now seems the best time to kill him. Jaime needs to die eventually due to all his past crimes. You could have Daeny do it eventually for more effect perhaps. Would really be milking it though.

Gendry - Need to get rid of the bastard, and will also remove any last emotion from Arya.

Podrick - He just seems kinda useless now, and Tyrion gave him that full mug when Brienne said just half a cup. He's lucked his way so far, but he's a throwaway character at this point.

Theon - This is his time, defend Winterfell and provide an emotional moment for Sansa.

Davos - He's a strong ally & friend of Jon, which makes me think he needs to die now. Gut both sides of Daeny/Jon so that there can be a quicker / cleaner conclusion in the final episodes.

Jorah - We saw some decent screen time with him, he's done. We had the scene with Lyanna and also his advice to Daeny and receiving the sword from Sam. That's a lot of different moments to make next episode a great time to kill him off. Also Daeny needs to lose some pieces from her team, so he seems logical.

Beric* - This is the moment he's been written for. No point for him to survive. Need to close out the Lord of Light stuff here, maybe he sacrifices himself or has a final payoff with the Night King. He'll die on his terms.

Night King* - linked to Bran's fate.

Bran* - After the wars he'll have no place and he has too much power to survive. "Bran" is already dead, he's reiterated many times he's no longer Bran. He represents the Children of the Forest and will confront their creation. The final conclusion between Bran/Night King needs to be good. Does Bran become the new Night King, or save the current one, or do they "unify" to create something else or do they void each other out? Can Bran warg into the Night King? (the Hodor scene strongly influencing this idea)

Survive (for now):

Team Jon:

Jon - Jon is in it to the end, based on the song/speculation , does he give up his claim to Daeny? I still think he kills Daeny eventually.

Sam - I originally had him in the Kill column, but if he is killed off Jon would really have nobody left (except Sansa/Arya). He needs at least someone on his side and it makes more sense to have a friend that can ground him, like Sam. I still think the crypt ends up a battle zone and maybe Sam can come out a hero (again) protecting Gilly/baby sam. Or maybe Gilly/baby sam are killed, but that sure would be another kick in the nuts. I gotta believe all 3 survive at this point.

Team Daeny:
Daeny - We know she needs to survive at least until the battle for King's Landing.

Tyrion - He needs to survive to record Bran's story, and at this point I'm thinking Tyrion or Arya will kill Cersei.

Greyworm - Daeny needs a "fighter" to remain on her side. Greyworm is needed to command her army.

Missandei - She isn't needed but could have an emotional part to play between her & Daeny if Greyworm dies eventually. If she dies I think Greyworm becomes a much less reliable asset for Daeny.

Team Sansa
Sansa - She's lady of Winterfell and needs to be there for the conflict between Daeny/Jon. We haven't seen the end of "What about the North!?"

Brienne - Needs to survive to be Sansa's fighter, otherwise Sansa has nobody left. (excluding Arya/Jon).

Other:
Arya - I'd be very dissapointed if she dies simply because she really hasn't done much with her list (except for Walder Frey). Top person is Cersei, but also the Mountain, the Hound, Beric - most of these will sort themselves out. So Arya/Tyrion are top contenders to kill Cersei at this point.

The Hound - Needs to survive to face his brother.

Varys - If he does die, it needs to be a way other then by combat, he also seems to have few enemies right now, so possibly survives everything.

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn’t put it past them to kill Jon off. The problem with it is that his parentage is the biggest swerve and most important detail of the entire series. Perhaps it is just fan service so that readers/watchers get to know the truth of his lineage but it really seems like it’s supposed to be a pretty fucking big deal. It rearranges the entire political landscape. If he dies then no one needs to ever care or even know about it, it’s pointless. The reveal of it to the audience would be the sole reason so much time was spent on it. He needs to survive for that part of the story to play out.

I agree and I personally think it'd be dumb as hell to do so. 8 seasons of building up to this moment and boom he dies, and probably in the most anti climatic way ever. But sadly they kind of have a knack for doing just that at times, so I'm just afraid that's exactly what we will get.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Where the fuck is Mellisandre in all of this? I thought she was going to be in Winterfell as well, but clearly not as they'd be leaning on the Lord of Light pretty strongly if so.

LoL has been pretty worthless to date save for the chain rez that Thoros was dishing out.
I assume she's rounding up any countries/armies/anyone and everyone related to the priests of R'hllor in Essos to fill in for everybody dying next Sunday. Even if our important characters survive the massacre it just means everyone they brought north just got added to the Night King's forces and there's still Cersei and the Golden Company to deal with.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, The Kingslayer is going to die?

Is it going to be be Jamie and Brienne on the flank, facing down a Undead Giant? Which gives Tormond the opportunity to rush in, save Jamie and ride off to the Iron Islands; WHERE THEY FUCK (to get in the seasons gay sex scene quota)?

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Jon dies? Why not Dani? She has used men since she learned how to give Droggo a blow job. Her redemption arc should be sacrificing herself for the one dude she actually fell for and wasnt just using for his metal and meat swords. She knows now he is the rightful king, her claim is void. And we know it aint no thang for a White Walker to take down a dragon. She'll probably have to lose both to take down one Undead Ice dragon with a Night King rider. Without any Dragons left she is a nobody.

this is my prediction, an additional dragon and dani dies.

• 1Like