GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Dalien

Registered Hodor
100% agree. i really don't want some contrived reason for WHY the white walkers are doing ANYTHING. i'd rather it be completely left up to the viewer to embellish

Their motive is pretty simple. The Night's King is super salty about what the children of the forest turned him into. So he wants to wipe out the entire world, starting with Bran and the worlds memories.

Not sure what his plan would be for Essos though, sail his zombies over on a bunch of ships? Fly his dragon over and start a new army there? heh.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Hopefully Sam will die. Too many Sams live to tell the tale. Much prefer a Tormund version of events.

The War of the Seven Kingdoms
The Endless Night and the Return of Spring, compiled by Samwell Tarly from his own observations

Fuck Those Southern Cunts
by Tormund Gianstbane

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I liked the episode. It was like in RPG's when you get your base and all your weird characters get to interact and some have genuinely good banter. The Gendry/Arya shit seemed stupid, but maybe she'll be pregnant or some shit for the finish with a true Heir to the throne after John/Daenaerys die.

Tormund was fucking great, I'm still sad he never told the bear story that he does in the books.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
let's tabulate the white walker killing weapons

jaime - widows wail
briane - oathkeeper
jon - long claw
jorrah - heartsbane
arya - dragonglass spear thing/dagger
hound - dragonglass axe

what else we missing? what flaming sword do?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

jaime - widows wail
briane - oathkeeper
jon - long claw
jorrah - heartsbane
hound - dragonglass axe

i don't know if the show actually verbalized it, but beric stabbed little jon umber-walker with his flaming sword and that seemed to do the trick

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

jaime - widows wail
briane - oathkeeper
jon - long claw
jorrah - heartsbane
hound - dragonglass axe

flaming sword was one shotting zombies when they were trapped on the frozen lake.

j00t

it's worth noting, beric himself makes his sword burn. the sword itself isn't magical.

j00t

so can he enchant fire to other swordguys w/ no dragonglass or do you need to have lord of light affiliation?

i don't know, but he lit a spear on fire when he fought the hound back in.. uh.. season 3?

edit: i just rewatched the scene. i don't know why i thought it was a spear... but he does indeed light a sword on fire. the scene makes it seem like his blood is the catalyst for the fire, though

also, thoros didn't really have any REAL affiliation with the lord of light when he rezzed beric for the first time. i mean, yeah he was a priest of the lord of light but it was pretty clear that he was in it for the money, booze and women.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's funny we all think the Hound is safe so we get Cleganebowl...but what if they ultimate swerved and killed him? Actually fuck that, we'd all be pissed off more by NO Cleganebowl.
i think the Hound dies and his buddy Beric the Paladin, Lady Stoneheart rezzes him so he can be a nearly undead, flaming sword wielding, chicken binging behemoth, fighting an undead Mountain.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Oh, I didn't realize every single person that posts here has read all the books.

I think it was more just the tourettes-like tic that every book reader has that causes them to let everybody know they read the book at even the slightest reference to it

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think the Hound dies and his buddy Beric the Paladin, Lady Stoneheart rezzes him so he can be a nearly undead, flaming sword wielding, chicken binging behemoth, fighting an undead Mountain.
if i had two rez windows i'd click on lady stonehearts window, even tho i have no idea what class she is, it's gotta be better than the ghetto pally rez

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if i had two rez windows i'd click on lady stonehearts window, even tho i have no idea what class she is, it's gotta be better than the ghetto pally rez
the Lady Stoneheart rez was performed by Beric, so you have no choice but to click that window and its a one shot deal. the Melisandre Rez is better, you get to be moody and score with dragon chicks, but jon tossed her out. Thoros Rez was best, but he's dead. you definitely do not want the Qyburn Necro rez because it just makes you a charmed undead pet.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
so can he enchant fire to other swordguys w/ no dragonglass or do you need to have lord of light affiliation?

I don't think it is ever really explained in the show, but in the books it is a trick Thoros does using Wildfire. Berric doesn't have an enchanted epic weapon as far as I remember.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Why do zombies want to eat brains is a question rarely ever brought up.

Because the other guy (not romero) said so!

I LEARNED THAT FROM WATCHING JAY. It was one of the recent re:views with him and the wizard, he traced the reference of zombie brains to that movie.

E2 was better than E1 I thought. There were a few scenes in it that were pretty good scenes, tbh. And plus we got weird kinda pedo sideboob!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Why do zombies want to eat brains is a question rarely ever brought up.

Afaik this is why. It's the first time I can remember them just not eating flesh. The movie was kind of a shlock b-movie, but since then filmmakers seem to have run with the idea.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Liked most of the scenes, except the Arya sex scene. They've spent 7 seasons building her up as some super skilled assassin, and the overconfidence that came along with her increasing skill has become one of her defining traits. Now she's suddenly worried about dying as a virgin? She hasn't shown any sexual interest in anyone in the last 7 seasons, that's something that can change I guess, but the possibility of dying in this upcoming battle would not have occurred to her. Gloominess is for old men, not a young woman that thinks of herself as death incarnate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users