GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Where the fuck is Mellisandre in all of this? I thought she was going to be in Winterfell as well, but clearly not as they'd be leaning on the Lord of Light pretty strongly if so.

LoL has been pretty worthless to date save for the chain rez that Thoros was dishing out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Trust you Quaid to see that as "racial tensions" and "wokeness". Straight up just people talking about what they want to do and giving some characters that otherwise wouldn't have a scene but deserve at least a little blurb (even if a lot of their shit has been very eyeroll worthy) about going back to her home and shit.

They took time out of both episodes so far to highlight racial tensions in fantasy dragon land. It’s not something I’m imagining, as much as you’d like to gaslight me into thinking that.

Miss me with your iooti kife.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
The scene with greyworm and miisandre wasn't even subtle about racial tension.

But it was also just one scene and they can say the northerners aren't racist, they're xenophobic.

The scene was fitting though. If anything, there should be more rabblerabble about the foreign army of balless brown dudes who don't have jackets. If this wasn't the final few episodes, they might have done a little storyline about it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Where the fuck is Mellisandre in all of this? I thought she was going to be in Winterfell as well, but clearly not as they'd be leaning on the Lord of Light pretty strongly if so.

LoL has been pretty worthless to date save for the chain rez that Thoros was dishing out.
I was wondering the same. Her titties I miss greatly.

I do wonder if we'll get a glimpse of the Lord of light or even a massive kraken to end the series. As lame as that'd kind of be, I always felt the Lord of light shit was made a bit legitimate with all the rezzes being handed out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
oh, then yeah, i stand corrected, they kinda shit the bed. they gonna tie up all these stories in 4 episodes?

Yeah this has been my complaint ever since they ran out of book material... I mean for fucks sake Game of Thrones is a cash cow if this was some Japanese Manga they would be dragging this shit out for the next 40 years as long as it's printing money.

8 Seasons with 2 of the seasons being short changed episodes because who the fuck knows why?

4 Episodes has to Cover - Cleganebowl, Cercei's troops and war, Knight King Battle Royal, Jon and Dany bullshit, Bronn doing his thing with a fucking crossbow? How does that shit fit in here, plus all the deaths of cool characters that are coming. Just think about the sheer number of shit that needs to be resolved in 4 episodes either they shit the bed completely or they just gloss over important shit and you are going to be left wondering why we wasted precious production minutes on the Dragon Carpet Ride, Greyworm in Love, and Happy Campfire Stories.

Maybe they will just kill Tormund, Brienne, Reek, Tyrion, Jaime, Bran, Arya, The Hound, Sam, Sansa, Pod, Gendry and pals off screen to save time so we can weave in some more Euron Greyjoy shit that somehow has a pay off? I mean Jesus fuck we have supposedly 2 major fucking battles and exposition that needs to happen in 4 episodes? At this point I just hope the White Walkers face rape everyone and that's the end of it. Then fatty McFat fuck writes his 2 books and are 100% different from the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Don’t be so sensitive about Grey Worms woke shit

These are poor northerners who have never seen someone with their skin color. The only non whites are all half a world away. They are just doing that to show they don’t belong there and spark Grey Worms “after the war let’s get out of here and start a new life”

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe not next episode, but Jon is definitely gonna get got. The fact that he has already died isn't plot armor IMO, it's just him on borrowed time so that when he does really die it is less of a dick punch for the masses.

Honestly, I think this is where I'm at too. I think Jon dies being stoic and sacrificing himself for the greater good. Then Danny, Sansa, and Cersei duke it out... Hell, maybe Sansa and Cersei ultimately make a deal to take out Danny so the Anti Mary Sue wins the war and lets the North keep to themselves as payment. Tormund and Brienne as well as Arya and Gentry all settle in some backwoods huts and make lots of giant and assassin babies with killer rowing skills respectively.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Honestly, I think this is where I'm at too. I think Jon dies being stoic and sacrificing himself for the greater good. Then Danny, Sansa, and Cersei duke it out... Hell, maybe Sansa and Cersei ultimately make a deal to take out Danny so the Anti Mary Sue wins the war and lets the North keep to themselves as payment. Tormund and Brienne as well as Arya and Gentry all settle in some backwoods huts and make lots of giant and assassin babies with killer rowing skills respectively.

It’s far more likely that Dany dies rather than Jon. They’ve already set up the dragons being loyal to him. Once the Unsullied and Dothraki armies are zombies her character has zero utility to the plot.

Goatface

it is amazing that team greyworm are not bitching non stop about the cold

think going to end up with something cheap in the final battle for KL
like the golden company turning on Cersei and she just nukes the whole city

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s far more likely that Dany dies rather than Jon. They’ve already set up the dragons being loyal to him. Once the Unsullied and Dothraki armies are zombies her character has zero utility to the plot.

And I get that. I'm trying to not to frame this as some giant SJW conspiracy, but I really think the underlying theme this entire show is the strength of women. All of the major female characters have have been through a total shit storm to get where they are, and I frankly just got this vibe in the scene between Sansa and Dani that it will turn into a "men have spent ages fucking this world up, why not give us women a shot." Yes, I know ALL the characters have been through total shit storms, I'm just saying that was vibe I got from that scene. I just think Jon is too obvious for how this show likes to operate. It just depends on what role the Lord of Light plays in all of this.

I will say this: They had 13 episodes to wrap this story up and they basically wasted the better part of half of the 7 in season 7 and we have been spinning wheels in 2 of the 6 so far. My faith in this show actually having a satisfying ending (be it happy or tragic) is really low.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

the interesting thing about her sex scene is that when the actors are hired for GOT they have to agree to nudity, i think even if there's no real plans for that character to ever be nude, but just in case. EXCEPT for all the under age actors, for obvious reasons. so when they approached maisie with the scene, she said they gave her the choice to show as much or as little as SHE wanted.

Pretty sure that was strategic. Maisie needs a career post-GoT, so she needs to shatter the "i'm a kid" stigma that can impact what roles she can get. You see other actors do the same where they started young, then got older. Daniel Radcliffe tried pretty hard to get away from Harry Potter by doing that full nudity stage show thing a number of years back.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ahhh so Mellisandre went to Volantis after Jon kicked her out of the North. She said she would end up dying in Westerns, however, so she will be back before the end.

I'm guessing after next week's impending disaster they realize that dragonglass and 2 dragons is not enough to defeat the Night King and they end up getting some Red Priest fire to go along with the ice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure that was strategic. Maisie needs a career post-GoT, so she needs to shatter the "i'm a kid" stigma that can impact what roles she can get. You see other actors do the same where they started young, then got older. Daniel Radcliffe tried pretty hard to get away from Harry Potter by doing that full nudity stage show thing a number of years back.
she's already following sophie turner and doing an xman movie, even tho sophie is really shit as jean grey.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They took time out of both episodes so far to highlight racial tensions in fantasy dragon land. It’s not something I’m imagining, as much as you’d like to gaslight me into thinking that.

Miss me with your iooti kife.

As iannis noted, they're simply xenophobic. None of them trust Dany either, and she's Westerosi just like they are. It's not like they've shown people of the North spitting every time a Dothraki walks by.

I do agree with you that it makes far more sense for Dany to die than Jon. He's had the thickest plot armor all along and has already died once.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
8i0DX6v.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm sure we'll get resolution on the vale, dorne, iron islands, mel, ylario, jaquin, the valonquir, the prince that was promised and quaithe as well.

• 1Like