GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think i missed something vital...so the reason joffrey killed ros was because littlefinger told him (Joffrey) that either Sansa planned on leaving or that she was a spy?

edit: completely forgot the scene where Ros gives Varys the manifest for two feather beds, makes sense now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
probably something to the effect, hey Joff, wanna human target to practice your crossbow on? here, take this whore i no longer have use for. joff likes to hurt the whores as has been shown last season.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Kindof an interesting addition with Joffrey killing Ros like that. When Littlefinger was talking about a friend who obviously wanted to murder her to "try it", it didn't occur to me that they might make it Joffrey. It's obvious in hindsight, but I like that we see him crossing that line.

Szlia

I think the ending works because it resonates with their conversation before the climb (a couple against the world) and with the symbolism of their relationship (South meets North). It's also an opportunity to end on a more positive note after Ros' death (what a terrible trajectory for this character) and Sansa's broken dreams.

I am more bothered by what feels like a bit of a cop out: not showing the scene of Tyrion's announcement in front of both his lover and his wife to be. It's probably very tough to write it well though.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
What the hell is with people bitching about Littlefinger's voice? I've been reading the same complaint for 3 seasons, and I just don't get it. Sure, he's speaking in a low voice. He's also playing a brilliant character... brilliantly. Maybe it's because I've never seen him act in another show, but I am completely satisfied with Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger. Not sure why I'm in the minority about this..?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Kindof an interesting addition with Joffrey killing Ros like that. When Littlefinger was talking about a friend who obviously wanted to murder her to "try it", it didn't occur to me that they might make it Joffrey. It's obvious in hindsight, but I like that we see him crossing that line.
I thought it was going to be Margaery, after she was talking to Joffrey about how it must feel to kill someone with the crossbow, that she'd do it with Joffrey there to get him off or something.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind his voice. If he sounded like Tommy Carcetti with his northern American accent it would be out of place.

Cybsled

I don't think the actress who plays Shae could have sold it. However, Sansa's full on sob at the end of the episode pretty much told you all you need to know.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are kinda fucking up Tyrion's character a bit. He's become Ned Stark 2.0 it seems. That scene with Cersei was painful to watch, he's practically begging not to have his life in danger and then it's him that tells Sansa about the marriage.

Episode was average.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Non spoiler thread:
the wall parts weren't cheesy, if anything i was thinking "are they actually going to kill ygritte? this show loves killing people; are a few 5min scenes supposed to make me give a shit?" but they didn't kill her, so ok. at least when she does die (which she obviously will----NOT A SPOILER----just common sense) it'll hopefully have some weight.
Heh. Ygritte didn't "know" Jon was still working for the Night's Watch in the books did she? Makes me wonder if she's going to defect with him in the show and get killed by the wildlings.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I don't mind his voice. If he sounded like Tommy Carcetti with his northern American accent it would be out of place.
Yeah it can be a tiny bit over the top at times, but all in all the voice doesn't bother me, people just want something to bitch about. He's Irish isn't he? Can you imagine how stupid he'd sound using his native accent?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Non spoiler thread:

Heh. Ygritte didn't "know" Jon was still working for the Night's Watch in the books did she? Makes me wonder if she's going to defect with him in the show and get killed by the wildlings.
I don't recall if she "knew" he was still faithful, but they did talk about running away together in the books, I believe.

Episode was pretty good. I found the wall-climbing scenes to be pretty well done. That shit looked like a big-budget film when they were cutting the rope, etc.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
scaling the the wall scenes / action were pretty hackneyed, I was disappoint.
Man, I had the opposite reaction. I was very impressed with how it looked. It wasn't Blackwater Bay explosion-awesome, but I thought it looked very well done.

Edit: Removed.

But yeah , not as exciting as the others....although still wondering about that whole Theon being tortured by that crazy.Also , "Sword swallow-er through and through" that caught me so off guard hehe . laughed my ass off and its a fitting description (edit: removed)

EDIT: If you think someone is spoiling things, report the post. Don't make a post in the non-spoiler thread pointing it out.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't that crazy guy torturing Theon, Sir Boltons bastard? I thought Rob had him go to Winterfell when Theon sacked it last season.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Also, was Feanor one of the guys caught Nostradouching earlier? At least one person is already butthurt over him saying she dies.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Came here about to ask the same thing. Got one guy who MAY be Nostradouching, even though all he said was "It's just common sense Ygritte is gonna die!" and now you have someone complaining that its been spoiled. Can't win either way with this...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My girlfriend who's watched maybe 4 episodes total, and can't read called that last night Ygritte dying soon). Not exactly subtle. In the books, she didn't "know of any little secret", though when Jon stole that horse and took off for the wall I think she figured it out pretty quickly.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jon killing Ygritte is important. If they change it so a_random_wildling01 does it, I'll be pissed.