GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jon doesn't kill Ygritte in the book, someone else in the knight's watch does. They make a point of him checking when he finds her and being relieved that it wasn't his arrow in her.

I liked the wall climbing scene, but I think that dude needs to sharpen his knife. It took him like a minute to saw through a taut rope.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah you guys are right... well the perception of Jon killing her is important for 15 seconds then until he realizes it wasn't his arrow!

spronk

FPS noob
What the hell is with people bitching about Littlefinger's voice? I've been reading the same complaint for 3 seasons, and I just don't get it. Sure, he's speaking in a low voice. He's also playing a brilliant character... brilliantly. Maybe it's because I've never seen him act in another show, but I am completely satisfied with Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger. Not sure why I'm in the minority about this..?
His voice is fine, it just has changed from season 1 to season 2 for no real good reason (unless the dude has throat cancer or something).

season 1:

best scene from last night, season 3 (it was even more Batman-y in season 2):

Not really a huge deal, just no reason really it should have been done. It was a bummer to see Ros go, thought she'd be in the show until at least Joffrey's Wedding to act as a viewers-behind-the-scenes, but it was a nice little expose to the viewers to make them remember that (1) Joffrey really is a monster, (2) Margery hasn't "tamed" him in any way, (3) Littlefinger is also a monster, but one with purpose. All stuff that'll become important at the end of next season, along with Cersei and Tyrion's little talk.

There were also a lot of interesting contrasts in the show. Arya hits her target dummies in the same spots Joffrey hit Ros. Osha and Reed skin rabbits, Roose skins Theon. Thoros is given power by his Gods while not really giving a shit, Melisandre would do anything for her God but things keep going wrong for her. Varys (Order, Lies) vs Littlefinger (Truth, Chaos).

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
yeah you guys are right... well the perception of Jon killing her is important for 15 seconds then until he realizes it wasn't his arrow!
Seems like they want viewers to think Jon and Ygritte might work out if she defects with Jon after they get across the Wall. In the book version, yeah, Ygritte's death was no surprise. In the show people like Osiris will think they'll get through this shit together. Then the show will obviously remind them of how stupid they are for not knowing better by now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Tyrion/Cersei scene was important because it will make it obvious why Cersei is so convinced it is Tyrion who poisons Joffery as retaliation for trying to have him killed at Blackwater.

I think a lot of people who have been watching the full show at this point will always be actively wondering who is going to die next, and Ygritte would be an easy candidate to think of, especially given last night's episode how they're making her out to be important to John.

Man, I had the opposite reaction. I was very impressed with how it looked. It wasn't Blackwater Bay explosion-awesome, but I thought it looked very well done.
the effects were fine, but the avalanche / 'cut em loose!' / they live anyway was way too predictable for a GoT scene imo.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I guess I can see that. It was a bit 'generic' action(especially if you've read the books and know that nobody important was in danger).

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I love this show but every episode is such a downer. Almost everyone in this series has horrible, horrible things happen to them. Since i spoiled myself with the Red Wedding i know it gets even worse. For those who read the books, isn't there some uplifting moments when order wins out over chaos.? Good over evil? Does this kind of dynamic even exist in a GRR Martin book, because i have never really watched a show where the good guys always lose.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
No, not really. Some badass stuff happens, but not really "good guy wins" type of thing. At least not yet, anyways.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The most uplifting thing that ever happens is revenge, which is still a downer for at least one party involved.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Joffrey dying will be a celebration, so will Tywin.

Speaking of Tywin, I couldn't help but think back to that book theory about the Tyrells slowly poisoning him during last night's scene with Olenna. They make a very strong point of showing Olenna refuse any of Tywin's wine. I found that quite interesting, and I wonder if the show plans to explore it.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Game of thrones is that huge area of gray where you cannot define someone, anyone, as good or evil. Tywin seems evil, but acts for the good of his family name. Sansa chose joffrey over her family, wich caused maybe the only person to be close to a good guy to die....although ned stark was annoyingly narrow minded.Arya seems good, but will do mighty evil things.

You can define the honest ones though.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
There really aren't "good" people in this story which is the problem with that statement.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
The story is not really that black and white- Good vs. Evil. More about questions of ethics.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hadn't really noticed the Littlefinger/Batman voice until he starting "The Climb" speech, then I got a Dark Knight Rises vibe from him. When Mel started telling Arya about seeing different colored eyes, I thought it was foreshadowing her becoming a faceless man, then Mel said it was the people she will kill. Tywin/Queen of Thorns, and Varys/Littlefinger scenes were great.