GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Fucker

Log Wizard
Crypts being safe is a neat idea when you consider your enemy can animate the dead.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
they never gave NK a purpose or even a voice on the TV show, Jason from Friday the 13th has more backstory than this guy. which is why i think he's going to be dead this sunday or next.

They actually did in season 6 when Bran and those kids got to the 3 eyed Ravens hideout. The brownie things told Bran how they created the night king and why. He was a weapon to fight the men they were at war with.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah... "safe in the crypts" from "guy who raises undead baddies" is pants on head... buncha old undead starks going to be busting out of their catacombs to eat some winterfel kids, then they turn undead and poof.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My theory for the end of the series is everyone dies. Show closes on a snow swept plain as the screen fades to black ala Sopranos.

gak

<Gold Donor>
I was a bit bored, so when Bran was explaining his adventures to Tyrion I said to the wife:

"Sansa will open the door to tell Bran she's finally gotten over him telling her that he spends every morning watching her get raped, but when she opens the door Bran will be wildly waving his arms and screaming "Hol' da' dooorrr !!!" so she'll back away in shock and the door will slowly swing shut."

t.gif

Sterling

El Presidente
Has anyone mentioned yet that they should end the show in a vague, incomplete way the Sopranos did yet?

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Winterfell will get fucked. Bran will assume role of Night King to “restore balance”. Euron will betray Cersei. Whatever is left of Jon/Dany army will march to Kings Landing. More people will die. Arya will kill someone important as a faceless man for more fan service. Someone will sit on the iron throne.

That’s my crackpot theory inspired by zombie Woolygimp.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ya but I'm quite sure it's you that caught the dumbs though. Baelish is the central plot figure of both the books and the show so how the fuck can you even say that they aren't similar? I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that I am right because either the show writers are the biggest fucking idiots on the planet and completely ruined what is in my and many other peoples opinion the best character in the entire show or they are actually pretty fucking smart and tricked a lot of people. What other plot twist could there even be at this point that both makes sense and is completely epic as fuck?

What’s a large sum of money to you?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If anything, some of the major players will all unite to confront Cersei in the throne room like the Avengers, where she gives off some cheesy fucking monologue.

Caliane

A thought on missing NK.

Weirwoods, and tactics. First, he seems almost prescient, so we can just assume he knows Winterfell is the "real" target. Despite, no particular reason he would, having been above the wall for over 6k years. He probably should think Harrrenhal is or something. But, assuming the plan is to attack Winterfell. Surrounding it and cutting off retreat south would be a priority. so, the main NK forces going south to the twins, Vale, etc would make alot of sense. Then going back up north to Winterfell after.
If so, he is then putting himself into a position of two fronts, should Circe actually send forces north.

Nk also probably has some thoughts on Weirwoods. Fear, or hate.. either way, their existence should impact his tactical choices. do the roots protect the crypts?
how tied to them is the NK? pyyric victories. Weirwoods burning in dragon fire seems like that would be poetic. find the tree he was created at, and burn it. the Children would never do that..

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is such a retarded complaint. Would you guys prefer 2 travel episodes between each movement?

Calm down. I'm not complaining and you took this the complete wrong way.

The multiple suggestions that NK goes to KL first to get a bigger army is pants-on-head-retarded for many more reasons than just travel time.

But the fact it took 7.99 Seasons for the dead to breach the wall can't be ignored in this show. It's been stressed that they move SLOWLY. It would take years to travel that far south. Just going from the wall to Winterfell should have taken much longer than it has. This is much different than other characters that move with "urgency" and can magically appear because we can kinda reason that "ok that boat/horse might have been gunning it".

The other big reason that I think the idea is flat-out stupid is why would the NK leave the army he spent so long building, why would he fly off on his own, and what in the past seasons have shown this guy wanting to go rogue? He's not going to go solo after so long, even if he does have a dragon.

Also, I don't think the NK's motivations are what everyone believes, it just doesn't make sense at all. IMO his motivation has been purely to destroy the Children of the Forest / Three Eyed Raven. When the opportunity had arised they sacced that tree ASAP. As soon as Bran went south of the wall is the ONLY time we see him care about breaching the wall. The NK has a singular focus. He's not going to head off to KL first if it's not the next thing in his path. He will go for Bran.

I have contemplated the NK conclusion happening in episode 4. Just to give him a little more of the time he deserves. Would be a shame if the whole undead story was wrapped up in 1 episode. But I am fairly confident there won't be undead in KL unless it's just the NK on the dragon AFTER his entire army has been wiped out (how if he's still alive?) and only if Bran gets to KL first.

IMO the show won't focus the last 2 episodes on the dead because the success of this show has always been the main cast and the fight for the throne.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I can't fathom how anyone can think the Night King is actually going to be defeated, frankly.

There are no happy endings that I can think of the in the entire intellectual property and narrative, either in the books, any of the history, or the tv show.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to set a reminder on my phone to come here after the finale and @ Apparition so I can mock him for being so wrong about Littlefinger coming back.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything, some of the major players will all unite to confront Cersei in the throne room like the Avengers, where she gives off some cheesy fucking monologue.
And of course zombie clegane comes out and hulk smashes everyone, but instead he rag dolls cersei around like Loki

• 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't fathom how anyone can think the Night King is actually going to be defeated, frankly.

There are no happy endings that I can think of the in the entire intellectual property and narrative, either in the books, any of the history, or the tv show.
Beacuse Hollywood hacks are writing the story now. And they like musicals (hence that fucking singing in the last ep) and cheesy happy endings.
And for the reason why NK was not present at the end, it's quite obvious. They blew the entire budget on that date scene with dragons CGI bullshit and couldn't afford a makeup artists any more.
NK dying would be the ultimate fuck you to the people who like(ed) the show.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to stick with Bran being used as bait again. They'll take him south to Dorne, or smuggle him into King's Landing. The NK will turn his attention that way, and anyone left surviving Winterfell will be temporarily spared. They'll try to gather any armies and men they have left to meet at KL and fight whoever is there.

The only two sizeable armies left after episode 3 will be the Night King's and Cersei's. The only way to take these 2 pieces off the board is if they wipe each other out.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

It won't be a very happy ending at all, many are going to die.

I can't fathom how people expect the undead to win anything when they have about 5 mins of screen time a season. This is a political drama not a zombie apocalypse show.

• 1Like