GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to stick with Bran being used as bait again. They'll take him south to Dorne, or smuggle him into King's Landing. The NK will turn his attention that way, and anyone left surviving Winterfell will be temporarily spared. They'll try to gather any armies and men they have left to meet at KL and fight whoever is there.

The only two sizeable armies left after episode 3 will be the Night King's and Cersei's. The only way to take these 2 pieces off the board is if they wipe each other out.

Queue the dragon chase to KL with Jon/Daeny carrying Bran and the NK on their "tails".
I give it about a 5% chance.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beacuse Hollywood hacks are writing the story now. And they like musicals (hence that fucking singing in the last ep) and cheesy happy endings.
And for the reason why NK was not present at the end, it's quite obvious. They blew the entire budget on that date scene with dragons CGI bullshit and couldn't afford a makeup artists any more.
NK dying would be the ultimate fuck you to the people who like(ed) the show.

What would be a satisfying ending then? I don't really NEED a happy ending but I definitely want an ending either way, but would be ok if Jon came out on top.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What would be a satisfying ending then? I don't really NEED a happy ending but I definitely want an ending either way, but would be ok if Jon came out on top.
Jon And Danny Beat back the Night King and end the Long night before it begins, lots of casualities but Danny and Jon survive. They get married in Winterfel and everyone cheers star wars style, Danny tells Jon that she's pregnant and that it's a miracle.

As that happens a catapult smashes a winterfel tower and the full brunt of the Lannister/Ironborn army attacks winterfell. Everyone dies Cercei stays on the Iron throne having cucked "King" Euron with Jaimes child starting the whole process over again.

Same wheel different spokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Queue the dragon chase to KL with Jon/Daeny carrying Bran and the NK on their "tails".
I give it about a 5% chance.

I don't think the NK would chase like that. If Bran runs, he's only buying more time before the inevitable. The NK doesn't feel like he needs to rush, and will just face rape everything as he makes a slow path of death to wherever Bran goes.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but why arent they making a bigger deal of Jon riding the dragon? Like why would Dany be surprised or even worried that Jon is a Targaryen too? Surely she knows her family history... and again how many random people have been known to ride dragons? Its like her kids are accepting her boyfriend as their Stepfather and becoming a family.

Plus thats a pretty solid reason for the North and her armies to form an alliance going forward. Maybe im reading too far into her facial expressions upon hearing that. Maybe she just thought this dude was losing it in the face of all that pressure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Winterfell will get fucked. Bran will assume role of Night King to “restore balance”. Euron will betray Cersei. Whatever is left of Jon/Dany army will march to Kings Landing. More people will die. Arya will kill someone important as a faceless man for more fan service. Someone will sit on the iron throne.

That’s my crackpot theory inspired by zombie Woolygimp.

From about 2:35, Arya seems pretty impressed by Visenya Targaryen. Perhaps...no...they...wouldn't...dare stick Arya on a dragon to hunt down the undead dragon with her "showstopper" spear weapon.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Seems like the NK has to be stopped now. I can’t see them rolling that undead army into all the remaining episodes. That would be two giant and costly fights with the same enemy in the same season and if the NK wins now then the same battle later is going to be shit in comparison unless they magic in some major budget. It’s going to be a Pyrrhic victory but keeping that entire part of the story going alongside everything that’s going to happen in the south just seems way too unlikely. Could end in some sort of stalemate where bran assumes the role of the previous three eyed raven and bottles up the night king somehow, ending the fight but not in the pretty unlikely way that complete victory over an unstoppable undead army would end it. Sets up the next winter is coming cycle that everyone can forget about until another thousand years pass and they’ve got to do it all over again.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bran next episode:

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So Arya, earlier in the episode, went to hang out with The Hound, and only bailed when Berric showed up. Next time we see her, she fucks Gendry.

Was she going to fuck The Hound before Berric cock blocked her???

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 14 users

Siliconemelons

I can't fathom how people expect the undead to win anything when they have about 5 mins of screen time a season. This is a political drama not a zombie apocalypse show.

Okay, I am going to go *ackssulhhaalllyy.jpg* here

First, the SHOW is Game of Thrones, the BOOK SERIES is A Song of Ice and Fire - with a singular book called A Game of Thrones...the first book...the smallest... the furthest out from "now"

GRRM has shown on MANY MANY occasions even from when "he was not popular" aka the first 2-3ish books or so... the first three are "the OG" in 1996,1999,2000 - you know, when "high fantasy" stuff was still very firm in the NERD land- anywho- GRRM has shown that he changes shit based on fan's, he never admits it, but he demonstrates it with every damn book.... if you go back in the wayback, he "changed" several things that were set up with 99% accuracy because "the fans figured it out".

Authors usually have to have "something" to get the reader into their world - some will just do it straight and fully rely on characters, world and their specific story to tell- but many will do a "niche" GRRM's was to "use the war of the roses" as a historical backdrop to his world - the world who's large narrative is A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE- and 100% IMO all the political stuff was nothing but a hook to get readers into the series, and it worked, and it took over.

So he adjusted, and obviously this was the correct choice financially etc. this is bigger than anything he ever thought it would be.

the problem is, the start and end and the "core" IS ICE ZOMBIES VS FIRE DRAGONS - the iron throne is just a motivator for all the involved set pieces until the real threat comes... the problem is, he has just been feeding people the sweets and sugars they want, and now its time for the "real meal" and there is no time- nor is there really an appetite for it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Crypts are safe was mentioned like five times, so shit definitely going down there. Maybe undead Hodor trying to break down the door (echoing Bran's vision of Hodor in the Winterfell courtyard).

Might also be a fakeout where night king actually goes to King's Landing (remembering the vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing and snow landing on the Iron Throne, might have been the undead dragon).

Also, the Prince that was Promised...
View attachment 204438
Uncertain about a fakeout in that particular way but there was a need to see the sky from Cersei's map room in season 8.

Dig the idea of animated Stark wights bushwhacking at least some of the folk in the crypts. Could make for a devastating twist.

They actually did in season 6 when Bran and those kids got to the 3 eyed Ravens hideout. The brownie things told Bran how they created the night king and why. He was a weapon to fight the men they were at war with.
Bits of backstory have been told, more will be given although some of it should remain continually mysterious.

The children created the Night King (possibly a greenseer/human warg) and the others to slaughter the first men, they turned against their makers eradicating all life, then the children joined men against the white walkers. The last hero won, lightbringer etc, the Night's Watch was founded, the first men adopted the old gods, the Wall was built. The planet's irregular seasons will most likely be connected to the children, the white walkers and the Wall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
It won't be a very happy ending at all, many are going to die.

I can't fathom how people expect the undead to win anything when they have about 5 mins of screen time a season. This is a political drama not a zombie apocalypse show.

Really though? Because literally all the marketing is on the zombie apocalypse side

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
So Arya, earlier in the episode, went to hang out with The Hound, and only bailed when Berric showed up. Next time we see her, she fucks Gendry.

Was she going to fuck The Hound before Berric cock blocked her???

Think she wanted some of The Hound's liquid courage before the Gendry event.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, I am going to go *ackssulhhaalllyy.jpg* here

My *ackssulhhaalllyy.jpg* response:

A Song of Ice and Fire can refer to the walkers+dragons, but in reality it refers to Targaryans & Starks (and the union that is Jon).

The mythical elements are a side story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but why arent they making a bigger deal of Jon riding the dragon? Like why would Dany be surprised or even worried that Jon is a Targaryen too? Surely she knows her family history... and again how many random people have been known to ride dragons? Its like her kids are accepting her boyfriend as their Stepfather and becoming a family.

Plus thats a pretty solid reason for the North and her armies to form an alliance going forward. Maybe im reading too far into her facial expressions upon hearing that. Maybe she just thought this dude was losing it in the face of all that pressure.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Dany's little story to Jaime about "my brother told me stories about the man who murdered my father and what we would do to him" when you consider what she did to Samwell Tarly lol

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
E3: Winterfell gets wrecked, in a lengthy battle with a great deal of the undead destroyed by dragonglass and fire.

Eventually defenders are forced to flee from the battle, while being chased by the remainder of the WW army. Euron sails back to the Iron Islands to protect what is his own. Bran ends up biting it due to exhaustion, mostly from sitting in the castle court for days on end.

E4: The former defenders arrive in Kings Landing and start besieging it. Trying to force a resolution Dany has her remaining forces slaughter hundreds of civilians, this along with Grey Worm having been marched into his death by her causes Missandei to poison her.

E5: Cersei threatens to burn down Kings Landing with the remaing wildfire, after a failed attempt at parley Jamie kills her and rallies the Lannister army. The combined forces and wildfire are set up and destroy the WW army. The remaining dragons die in the final battle.

E6: fill in the spots with whatever characters