GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
baelish caught the same stupid disease that tyrion currently has. he dead. girls outsmarted him.

Sorry but you have to be an absolute complete moron to think he was outsmarted by Sansa and Arya of all people. The guy who has literally been 10 steps ahead of every other single person gets outsmarted that easily? I mean Baelish is literally given hint after hint after hint that he's in imminent danger and he couldn't figure it out? We've got Bran repeating chaos is a ladder to him. We've got Sansa clearly turning on him. We've got Brienne and Arya giving him the stare of death. We've got Jon choking him out in the crypt. Yet we're to believe that the smartest person in the entire GoT universe wasn't able to figure out that he's in trouble? It literally couldn't possibly get more obvious.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Saw some weird theory that WF crypts are protected by similar magic as Wall and as long as Bran doesn't go down there with NK's mark on him, NK can't raise dead or whatever. If so, can easily see the "retreat to the crypts" call at some point, and then the run from all the rising dead.
brans gonna hide near that big ass tree, maybe he'll do some tree shit

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but you have to be an absolute complete moron to think he was outsmarted by Sansa and Arya of all people. The guy who has literally been 10 steps ahead of every other single person gets outsmarted that easily? I mean Baelish is literally given hint after hint after hint that he's in imminent danger and he couldn't figure it out? We've got Bran repeating chaos is a ladder to him. We've got Sansa clearly turning on him. We've got Brienne and Arya giving him the stare of death. We've got Jon choking him out in the crypt. Yet we're to believe that the smartest person in the entire GoT universe wasn't able to figure out that he's in trouble? It literally couldn't possibly get more obvious.

Post in the politics thread about Star Trek.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
brans gonna hide near that big ass tree, maybe he'll do some tree shit

Right I could see them "make a stand" there or whatever, then say they need to fall back if their trap doesn't work to lure the NK. Who knows if that theory has any credibility anyways, they kind of hand wave magic working or not working as needed.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
or just a timeskip.

I won't be shocked if we see a timeskip inside an episode. I almost expect a timeskip between one of the final three.skip

Maybe not, but an epilogue will take a timeskip. They might have a short one. With a show like this I'm thin my the epilogue will be at least 30-45 minutes.

There's an epilogue coming. I don't know when or who we'll be watching, but it's coming.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dude stfu. book Baelish is not TV show Baelish. i talk up the power of littlefinger before he caught the dumbs all the time. if you had posted here more than a minute you would know this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Littlefinger has been in trouble the entire series. Of course he knew he was in trouble. This guy is a tiresome poster

• 1Like

Merrith

I'm going to laugh if Winds of Winter ever comes out and LF fucks up in the books too.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

I think two things worked against Baelish: 1) the writers weren't clever enough to keep writing the clever characters in a convincing fashion without source material (imo, this holds true for Littlefinger, Varys, Cersei, and Tyrion), and 2) once the focus of the show shifted from human drama to the supernatural, clever dialogue and character interaction became unnecessary.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Timeskip is likely because we're literally spending at least 3 episodes in about a 48 hour timespan. And if anyone is going to King's Landing it'd take like 2 weeks GoT time. So they'd have to do a time skip.

Also the explanation of why the Night King hates everyone is basically he was made a monster by the Children of the Forest and he just wants revenge for what they made him. Pretty clear cut to me. I'm sure there's more to it, but if some one made you into a cold, heartless, immortal monster you'd probably be mad at them. I believe there are hundreds of books and movies about just that thing.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
dude stfu. book Baelish is not TV show Baelish. i talk up the power of littlefinger before he caught the dumbs all the time. if you had posted here more than a minute you would know this.

Ya but I'm quite sure it's you that caught the dumbs though. Baelish is the central plot figure of both the books and the show so how the fuck can you even say that they aren't similar? I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that I am right because either the show writers are the biggest fucking idiots on the planet and completely ruined what is in my and many other peoples opinion the best character in the entire show or they are actually pretty fucking smart and tricked a lot of people. What other plot twist could there even be at this point that both makes sense and is completely epic as fuck?

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Timeskip is likely because we're literally spending at least 3 episodes in about a 48 hour timespan. And if anyone is going to King's Landing it'd take like 2 weeks GoT time. So they'd have to do a time skip.

Also the explanation of why the Night King hates everyone is basically he was made a monster by the Children of the Forest and he just wants revenge for what they made him. Pretty clear cut to me. I'm sure there's more to it, but if some one made you into a cold, heartless, immortal monster you'd probably be mad at them. I believe there are hundreds of books and movies about just that thing.

Not quite as complex as Gargamel.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I think two things worked against Baelish: 1) the writers weren't clever enough to keep writing the clever characters in a convincing fashion without source material (imo, this holds true for Littlefinger, Varys, Cersei, and Tyrion), and 2) once the focus of the show shifted from human drama to the supernatural, clever dialogue and character interaction became unnecessary.

I don't get how you can think this is true when his dialogue in season 7 was some of the best he's ever had and some of the best I've ever heard in my life, period. Even just the snippet from the video I linked earlier is epic as fuck. Just read all the comments people posted about that and how much they liked it. His dialogue was literally Tarantino levels of awesome. So not clever enough? Sorry but I call bullshit. Seizing opportunity from chaotic events has been Baelish's signature and we're about to reach the climax of chaos unfolding on the show so there's no reason to believe that shifting to supernatural isn't something Baelish is capable of capitalizing on.

• 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Baelish is the central plot figure of both the books and the show so how the fuck can you even say that they aren't similar?

Not sure you can claim he's "the central plot figure". Not like we get chapters from his point of view in the books. He just has his hands in a lot of jars in Westeros. I'd argue Varys has hands and knowledge far beyond LF in both books and shows in that he has ears/allies/knowledge of events in Dorne and outside Westeros entirely. Once outside forces such as Faceless Men (well training in form of Arya) and Targ with dragons show up, he's far out of his element. I know the LF love is strong, but to some degree the love is over the top.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ya but I'm quite sure it's you that caught the dumbs though. Baelish is the central plot figure of both the books and the show so how the fuck can you even say that they aren't similar? I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that I am right because either the show writers are the biggest fucking idiots on the planet and completely ruined what is in my and many other peoples opinion the best character in the entire show or they are actually pretty fucking smart and tricked a lot of people. What other plot twist could there even be at this point that both makes sense and is completely epic as fuck?
he caught The Dumbs when he pimped out Sansa to the Bolton Bastard. it went downhill rapidly from there. up til that moment him and book Baelish were nearly identical.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Not sure you can claim he's "the central plot figure". Not like we get chapters from his point of view in the books. He just has his hands in a lot of jars in Westeros. I'd argue Varys has hands and knowledge far beyond LF in both books and shows in that he has ears/allies/knowledge of events in Dorne and outside Westeros entirely. Once outside forces such as Faceless Men (well training in form of Arya) and Targ with dragons show up, he's far out of his element. I know the LF love is strong, but to some degree the love is over the top.

There would not be a GoT if not for Baelish. He set almost all of the events into motion. He had Jon Aryn poisoned which caused Ned to become hand whom he then betrayed. He is the master of coin and has been manipulating it to the max since day one so he's easily one of the richest people in the entire world while simultaneously bankrupting the crown. He has nearly complete control over the Vale and an entire army. He had Joffrey killed and the list goes on. What does Varys have again exactly? Even in the show, every scene between Baelish and Varys has Baelish being 1 step ahead of Varys every single time. Not really sure we're watching the same show if you think Varys has more influence than Baelish did.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Cringe

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I don't get how you can think this is true when his dialogue in season 7 was some of the best he's ever had and some of the best I've ever heard in my life, period. Even just the snippet from the video I linked earlier is epic as fuck. Just read all the comments people posted about that and how much they liked it. His dialogue was literally Tarantino levels of awesome. So not clever enough? Sorry but I call bullshit. Seizing opportunity from chaotic events has been Baelish's signature and we're about to reach the climax of chaos unfolding on the show so there's no reason to believe that shifting to supernatural isn't something Baelish is capable of capitalizing on.

I get that you like the character, and I don't dare argue that it's the best you've heard. But dialogue about the particulars of the Night King is hard to deliver and sounds stupid. That's why it's mostly confined to Bran. If you doubt me, rewatch Bran's revelation in the map room. Sam does a great cover, but the whole scene is still stupid. Littlefinger wouldn't handle it any better.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't get how you can think this is true when his dialogue in season 7 was some of the best he's ever had and some of the best I've ever heard in my life, period.

You took the troll too far with this one. Move along.

• 2Like