GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
New theory: Night King wants Bran for his warging abilities

He wants Bran to use the ability to change the past so that he never becomes the Night King

Like even with all that power, it’s a hellish existence of suffering

The Night King has never had a hint of his motive, what if it’s that: to end his curse? All that power amassed because existing as the Night King is worse than death and he’d do anything to undo his transformation, including murdering hundreds of thousands of people

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
6 episodes to me implies they beat the night king then have the resolution of the iron throne and a final battle there

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Your right on the purpose but they were getting their ass kicked by the first men, so they went out and turned one into a lich king... er Ice Zombie as a weapon to fight back and the weapon was TOO powerful. His purpose is a weapon... to destroy men. And not just merely kill them all but to wipe any and all memory they even existed.
he was, but i think they would have been fine if he just killed all the First Men. he was killing the CotF too.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Uh it's not Game of Thrones either

It's a song of ice and fire

People forget that the book series is not called Game of Thrones

Christ, 2x in 3hrs this excuse is used?
Yes it's a Song of Ice and Fire = Jon's story. Not some mythical Dragon vs Zombie apocalypse

A Song of Ice and Fire can refer to the walkers+dragons, but in reality it refers to Targaryans & Starks (and the union that is Jon).

The mythical elements are a side story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
he was, but i think they would have been fine if he just killed all the First Men. he was killing the CotF too.

Right I just took it as one of those unintended consequences lessons. Yup they meant for him to only take out A, but motherfucker had different ideas and went scorched earth and they could do fuck all to really stop him. Hell even if he is taken down again this time, it sounds like it's a cycle and he'll back at one point in the distant future again. IE I don't view him as an actual character (speaking strictly show here, I have not read the books as I hate reading incomplete series). To me he's more like Godzilla or other monster hellbent on destroying the world.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
6 episodes to me implies they beat the night king then have the resolution of the iron throne and a final battle there

as an expert on competitive play involving wheelchairs, how do you think they will kill Bran?

(i'd be entertained if he simply got shoved down a flight of stairs by Dany)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

don't think i read it here, but saw a theory about Bran and NK will battle in the weirwood tree network/plane

that is where one of them will die

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Right I just took it as one of those unintended consequences lessons. Yup they meant for him to only take out A, but motherfucker had different ideas and went scorched earth and they could do fuck all to really stop him. Hell even if he is taken down again this time, it sounds like it's a cycle and he'll back at one point in the distant future again. IE I don't view him as an actual character (speaking strictly show here, I have not read the books as I hate reading incomplete series). To me he's more like Godzilla or other monster hellbent on destroying the world.
the books give a slightly different backstory for NK, which is why i say this NK has no purpose we know of.

• 1Picard

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
the books give a slightly different backstory for NK, which is why i say this NK has no purpose we know of.

Ok kind of explains it then. See I'm a show only pleb. I read the first book after seeing the major discussions on it on this board's past lives (think around 2009 not sure), but I shelved it once I dug deeper and saw that it was a 6 or 7 book series and they only had 4 out. Well, 10 years later and it's pretty obvious dude has no idea how to end the series, I don't regret it. I hate not reading complete works. Although once the show is over and I have an "ending" I really do want to go back and read the 5 books out for reasons like this, just to see what was different etc.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok kind of explains it then. See I'm a show only pleb. I read the first book after seeing the major discussions on it on this board's past lives (think around 2009 not sure), but I shelved it once I dug deeper and saw that it was a 6 or 7 book series and they only had 4 out. Well, 10 years later and it's pretty obvious dude has no idea how to end the series, I don't regret it. I hate not reading complete works. Although once the show is over and I have an "ending" I really do want to go back and read the 5 books out for reasons like this, just to see what was different etc.
you can be a show only person, since the TV show ending is the only one we are ever likely to see thats completely fine. i read the books because i loved the first few seasons and wanted to join in on the spoiler thread and didnt want stuff ruined for me.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
you can be a show only person, since the TV show ending is the only one we are ever likely to see thats completely fine. i read the books because i loved the first few seasons and wanted to join in on the spoiler thread and didnt want stuff ruined for me.

Right but this is a great example of how the show is completely different from the books as that is not what was explained in the show... at all. Legit the black haired girl and Bran sat down with the Child of the Forest and what I said was the story she told (in a flashback).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh I didn't see it in the liner notes that the series was about politics, hrm
it very much is, in season one Cersei literally spells it out for you.
when-you-play-the-game-of-thrones-youwin-or-you-26674257.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Right but this is a great example of how the show is completely different from the books as that is not what was explained in the show... at all. Legit the black haired girl and Bran sat down with the Child of the Forest and what I said was the story she told (in a flashback).
i would also recommend the books to you, the lore is the best part. i love good lore, i'm probably one of the few here who read the entire manual of Everquest in the original booklet about all the gods.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
as an expert on competitive play involving wheelchairs, how do you think they will kill Bran?

(i'd be entertained if he simply got shoved down a flight of stairs by Dany)

If he does die, no one else is allowed to touch him but the NK I am sure.

Also I think he wants to get his hands on Bran to do more then just quickly kill him?

For instance if Bran gets turned into one of them, what does the NK gain?

As far as the rest of the show I'm using the # of remaining episodes to figure it out. There's obviously a resolution to the final attack on Kings Landing.

I have a hard time believing the North and pals is going to be in any shape to attack if they manage a W and snipe the NK. So this week's episode is far from the finale, and obviously there's gonna be some other big battle involving Kings Landing that covers the last 2/3... and we got 6 left.. so what's the in between?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay...in the replies... there is a picture of a nude dude with a little dick 3x...it is not "protected/sensitive content" censored by twitter... yet- AMERICAN FLAGS are in a trump tweet

WTF?

as much as i dont disagree, this isn't the place for it.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it very much is, in season one Cersei literally spells it out for you.
when-you-play-the-game-of-thrones-youwin-or-you-26674257.png

i mean, you have a point but that quote is from a power-hungry political sycophant. she ONLY sees things through that lens. someone like jon wouldn't ever say that. he's been trying to tell everyone who will listen that the game of thrones is silly when you have literal undead about to wash across westeros

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean, you have a point but that quote is from a power-hungry political sycophant. she ONLY sees things through that lens. someone like jon wouldn't ever say that. he's been trying to tell everyone who will listen that the game of thrones is silly when you have literal undead about to wash across westeros
the WW and NK and the Wildlings/Free Folk can be an allegory for many things, many of which are political.