GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Everyone complaining about s8 ep2 are moronic, inbred, low IQ, short attention span, retarded fuck heads. Jesus, this show has been going strong for 9 years, what the fuck else do you expect to happen during the culminating sequence of episodes?

I thought A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms was one f the BEST GoT episodes of the entire fucking series.
I don't know about best in the entire series, but I really enjoyed it. This forum is where I go to remind myself that I'm not quite as miserable as I think I am.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I don't know about best in the entire series, but I really enjoyed it. This forum is where I go to remind myself that I'm not quite as miserable as I think I am.
I haven't even touched the books, I'm tempted to go to the dark side and return to this thread to post as a true shitlord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't even touched the books, I'm tempted to go to the dark side and return to this thread to post as a true shitlord.
The first 3 books are amazing, but I don't think they'll ever be finished. I wouldn't recommend even starting them now, to be honest.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Favorite character

Can’t spell the name correctly.

Autism
the conference rooms in my office are all named after GoT locations, and I internally sperge out every time I see that they mispelled Harrenhal

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's sloppy writing covered up by 2 episodes of reunion montages. @a_skeleton_02 post here says what I was going to say, so I'll just link it again.

To add to that, they skipped what would have been the most interesting conversation. Tyrion sits down with Bran just to talk because Tyrion is curious. There isn't any plot thread to tie up, these characters haven't interacted since Season 1. This is just what Tyrion would do when presented with this opportunity, thus the interaction feels organic instead of forced by the plot. And of course, these talentless hacks can't write that conversation so they don't show it nor reference it again.

Or Bran is hiding something(lolhe'sthenightkinglol) that someone like Tyrion would at least been able to pick up on. Even if that's a terrible plot twist, it would still require a modicum of skill to write in a believable manner. This is likely the real reason Baelish is dead, the writers couldn't write him like GRRM could, so he was crudely removed from the script.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

Only books 1-3 or 4 are good, after that they are shittier than the show imo. Like way... way... way shittier, which also explains why there hasn't been a new book in years. I'd suggest The Expanse instead, the show is 10/10 and the books are really good, they hit a bit of a slump in the middle but have picked back up and its currently on book 8 of 10 (just released last month) and on pace for 1 book/year to finish.

this sunday
l9h1tianh9u21.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
What if the magic that (most likely) protects the Crypts of Winterfell let's the dead Starks be raised as dead, but on the good guys side? Hopefully doesn't happen since they haven't dropped as many "winterfell has magicz" as they should have for this to be a real possibility.

Did we ever get an explanation why Benjen became a good-guy undead? I suppose it's possible there's something in the Stark blood but without anything else hinting at that over the past 8 years it's pretty deus ex machina. Plus, didn't grrm say that book coldhands isn't Benjen?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you guys really think they are gonna animate 6000 years of stark skeletons? Ray Harryhausen is dead.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
To add to that, they skipped what would have been the most interesting conversation. Tyrion sits down with Bran just to talk because Tyrion is curious.

And of course, these talentless hacks can't write that conversation so they don't show it nor reference it again.

There is absolutely no reason to show the conversation and waste screen time on it. We already know Bran's story and it wouldn't add anything.All we need to know is that now Tyrion knows the story of Bran.

If I was directing/editing this any "exchanging of stories" would be the first things you would want to cut. We already know them all.

Even in book form I'd imagine it would be very condensed and you're not going to get a full exchange. There is little to no value from it.
Only if there is some new revelation we're not privy to should we ever see the exchange, and if Tyrion does learn something, maybe we'll soon know the value of their exchange in a future episode.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There is absolutely no reason to show the conversation and waste screen time on it. We already know Bran's story and it wouldn't add anything.All we need to know is that now Tyrion knows the story of Bran.

If I was directing/editing this any "exchanging of stories" would be the first things you would want to cut. We already know them all.

Even in book form I'd imagine it would be very condensed and you're not going to get a full exchange. There is little to no value from it.
Only if there is some new revelation we're not privy to should we ever see the exchange, and if Tyrion does learn something, maybe we'll soon know the value of their exchange in a future episode.
And the series of fireside chats showed what besides knighting Brienne? Those scenes are the closest these writers have come to writing organic dialogue. And it shows because those scenes have been the consensus favorite from the last episode. No lose plot threads to tie up, just some characters interacting with each other. Don't underestimate the value a "useless" conversation can add. Interesting and well written dialogue is pretty much what Tarantino is known for.

• 2Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And the series of fireside chats showed what besides knighting Brienne? Those scenes are the closest these writers have come to writing organic dialogue. And it shows because those scenes have been the consensus favorite from the last episode. No lose plot threads to tie up, just some characters interacting with each other. Don't underestimate the value a "useless" conversation can add. Interesting and well written dialogue is pretty much what Tarantino is known for.

• 3Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Huge difference between a reunion and exchanging your entire story that the audience already knows about. All we need to know is Tyrion heard the story, we don't need to witness them telling it. Some of these reunions are brand new or have been so long since they've been together... Bran+Jaime was literally S1Ep1 and even then they never really interacted verbally.

It's a good idea to have these reunions to set where everyone currently stands with each other.

But exchanging stories is unnecessary and wouldn't develop anything "new" for the viewer. Sure, Tyrion might show certain emotions during the tale, and we , the viewers, would enjoy seeing the reactions, but there wouldn't be anything "new". Whereas reunions are, in a way, very new and setting a baseline. So during or after battle we'll get an idea where the politics might lead.

I watched Eps 1 & 2 twice each now and there is a lot to digest from it.

My takeaway is that the people disgruntled with the 1st 2 episodes only watch the show for the tits & blood. Low IQ viewers.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Huge difference between a reunion and exchanging your entire story that the audience already knows about. All we need to know is Tyrion heard the story, we don't need to witness them telling it. Some of these reunions are brand new or have been so long since they've been together... Bran+Jaime was literally S1Ep1 and even then they never really interacted verbally.

It's a good idea to have these reunions to set where everyone currently stands with each other.

But exchanging stories is unnecessary and wouldn't develop anything "new" for the viewer. Sure, Tyrion might show certain emotions during the tale, and we , the viewers, would enjoy seeing the reactions, but there wouldn't be anything "new". Whereas reunions are, in a way, very new and setting a baseline. So during or after battle we'll get an idea where the politics might lead.

I watched Eps 1 & 2 twice each now and there is a lot to digest from it.

My takeaway is that the people disgruntled with the 1st 2 episodes only watch the show for the tits & blood. Low IQ viewers.
Why are you stuck on this idea that conversation between Tyrion and Bran has to contain only information the viewers have already seen?

You are simplifying far too much and glossing over mistakes and errors forced by needing to close plot threads and get characters in the right place. You may not have noticed them, but your brain did.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'd have enjoyed the episode more if it was a recap of all the kills and sex scenes through Brans eyes.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Why are you stuck on this idea that conversation between Tyrion and Bran has to contain only information the viewers have already seen?

You are simplifying far too much and glossing over mistakes and errors forced by needing to close plot threads and get characters in the right place. You may not have noticed them, but your brain did.

Oh, I'm not stuck on the idea at all, but how do you know the conversation would be the "most interesting" if we're going to theorize possible topics. If there was something important, they would have shown it... or still may.

My interpretation of your post is you wanted to watch Bran recap his story to Tyrion.

Sure, lets start making up hypotheticals and decide if it would have been "the most interesting conversation".

If Bran proclaimed he liked it in the butt, I'm sure that would have been a very interesting discussion!

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, I'm not stuck on the idea at all, but how do you know the conversation would be the "most interesting" if we're going to theorize possible topics. If there was something important, they would have shown it... or still may.

My interpretation of your post is you wanted to watch Bran recap his story to Tyrion.

Sure, lets start making up hypotheticals and decide if it would have been "the most interesting conversation".

If Bran proclaimed he liked it in the butt, I'm sure that would have been a very interesting discussion!
This is purposeful misinterpretation. How many times do I have to say that seeing two characters interact, especially 2 that are new to each other, has high potential to be interesting? They *could* just recap Bran's story and Quippy McMidget and High Functioning Retard could make that the highlight of the episode, *if* it was written well. Daenarys and Sansa do not have this nearly the same potential. So, I want to see the scenes that could have been interesting instead of the boring ones just to move the plot forward. Good writers do both at the same time, seamlessly, without pissing off the viewer(even if it's only subconsciously).

How are you this stupid?

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Can we get back to Melisandre now? She will appear soon and confront the ice dragon, offering herself to it and then self destructing in a blinding flash of light and fire, destroying it and turning the tide.

Speaking of which, Dragonslayer (1981) is on prime and the best dragon vs wizard movie ever made.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can we get back to Melisandre now? She will appear soon and confront the ice dragon, offering herself to it and then self destructing in a blinding flash of light and fire, destroying it and turning the tide.

Speaking of which, Dragonslayer (1981) is on prime and the best dragon vs wizard movie ever made.

She doesn't destroy it, she brings it back to life. In the books the ritual involves breathing fire in to the dead versus what we get in the show but I'm still expecting it to happen.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Like