GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Siliconemelons

I mean, a real "shatters expectations" would have been for the NK to slap the dagger away from when she drops it to do the dealio switch a roo stab a doo - and then you see a hand bust through the NK's chest holding the original shard of dragon glass - it zooms out and its Bran standing behind him, doing a Kano MK fatality - he then crushes and dragon glass and then- proceed as normal with shattering etc. etc.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
What? You didn't enjoy 8 seasons of buildup starting with the very first scene of the entire series and hearing nonstop about the horror and death and the we are all going to die to this massive hundreds of thousands of dead army that just suddenly ended when a 90lb midget ninja girl took out something the rest of the world could never stop?
What is wrong with you!
I must be drunk .... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I have an older Panasonic plasma from about 2009 and I didn't have near the trouble that many are griping about. I was streaming the episode through my Fire stick, so maybe the signal was better?

iannis

Musty Nester
It was dark and you couldn't see a lot.

I'm fine with that being an artistic decision. I'm sure it was. They were trying to visually portray the feeling of unease, uncertianty, impending doom. Probably were also using it to cover up seams in the production.

I usually watch tv with the lights on. This episode made me turn the lights off. Couldn't see much, but at the same time that was on purpose I believe.

Fucker

Log Wizard
rapa41qi8dv21.jpg

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I have an older Panasonic plasma from about 2009 and I didn't have near the trouble that many are griping about. I was streaming the episode through my Fire stick, so maybe the signal was better?

IIRC, Plasma is the best for displaying blacks, even today. Panasonic and Pioneer are/were the two best manufacturers of them, too.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
How do we build drama for the Cersei fight when Arya could just go steal a face and kill her . No matter what they come up with not sure how to have this simple fact not ruin it

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Drama lama will be build bc good ol Jamie kingslayer is instantly going to turn back and join his sister.

That will be the crux of most dramalama that is the next few episodes.

• 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
people who keep saying Bran was important because he validates the Aegon Targaryan claim, its only validated for us, the viewers, in the GoT world, he's just Jon's brother and "cool story bro" to everyone else. right now the North's claim that there ever was a Night King , WW, zombies and ice giants is just as flimsy. as Qhue said, its the word of a bunch of drunken northmen.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Drama lama will be build bc good ol Jamie kingslayer is instantly going to turn back and join his sister.

That will be the crux of most dramalama that is the next few episodes.
I don't believe that at all. Jamie could have easily been killed at Winterfell, and I don't think there's any coming back from his sister's betrayal

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
people who keep saying Bran was important because he validates the Aegon Targaryan claim, its only validated for us, the viewers, in the GoT world, he's just Jon's brother and "cool story bro" to everyone else. right now the North's claim that there ever was a Night King , WW, zombies and ice giants is just as flimsy. as Qhue said, its the word of a bunch of drunken northmen.

What's funny is that it's not even clear the Targ claim is going to matter at the end of this.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

Bran has learned the trick of resurrecting the dead, and he's going to use them on King's Landing.

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a "theory" out there saying the Night King rabidly wants Bran dead because he uses / is the last one using the tree people magic, like he's still salty about the whole sacrifice / WMD thing. Then again Bran, being a fucking wizard now, uses his magical powers at the pinnacle of the battle of all battles to ... possess some birds to keep an eye about the Night King whereabouts.

The standoff between him and Ice Skeletor doesn't get us more information, they're just checking each others like two teens in a GAP booth. Bran seems oblivious as fuck, Night King had more emotions resisting the dragonfire and everyone else is just dead, watching the show climax and waiting to be dead again.

I'm quite sure they're gonna elude this in the last episodes and focusing about the remaining heroes VS Cersei, while creating "artificial" conflicts between everyone to salt things a bit, and maybe some out of fucking nowhere last minute twist to service the fans and bring "true" values upfront like love, friendship and honor. I hope I'm wrong.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the show does Rob have the decree written up to legitimize Jon Snow? In the books it's drafted and I believe sent and is then never mentioned again.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's a "theory" out there saying the Night King rabidly wants Bran dead because he uses / is the last one using the tree people magic, like he's still salty about the whole sacrifice / WMD thing. Then again Bran, being a fucking wizard now, uses his magical powers at the pinnacle of the battle of all battles to ... possess some birds to keep an eye about the Night King whereabouts.

The standoff between him and Ice Skeletor doesn't get us more information, they're just checking each others like two teens in a GAP booth. Bran seems oblivious as fuck, Night King had more emotions resisting the dragonfire and everyone else is just dead, watching the show climax and waiting to be dead again.

They explained NK's motivations for wanting Bran dead the previous episode. Explanations on what the 3 Eyes Raven's all about is a lot more important because otherwise we're left with the assumption that his whole existence is just to be bait for the Night King.

Goatface

at the end, i really thought the theory of Bran pulling Night King into the weirwood tree network and fighting or talking to him there
till jon showed up, was going to happen

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Joe has a long-ish video but says exactly how I feel about it.
TL;DW: Fine with Arya getting the kill, but it should have been a group effort vs the NK.
He originally rated the Episode an 8, would have been a 10 for the battle, story took it to an 8 and after sleeping on it he rates it a 6 due to so many blunders.
He gives the Director a TON of credit for salvaging what he can from the writing.

He also mentioned it being "Arya's show" now, which I can't disagree with.
And he mentioned "Arya's going to kill Cersei & Arya's pregnant with Gendry's baby, making her baby the true heir to the throne as well!"

This was my first impression after watching the episode and Joe basically reiterates it 100% plus adds his own additional details and he rails against the writers a lot, which I also don't disagree with at all.

Episode was going great but the Arya NK kill, while kinda-ok, was still disappointing in that I wanted some sort of dialogue or engagement between Bran & the NK first. Also Jon should have had a showdown or at least a swipe at the NK at some point.

And I was really hoping Melisanddre and/or Beric would have had screen time with the NK.

Just a lot of what-ifs that never got played out.

But I am fine with Arya securing the kill. The previous episodes heavily hinted at her involvement. And the tie-in with Mel & Beric wasn't too far-fetched.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
And he mentioned "Arya's going to kill Cersei & Arya's pregnant with Gendry's baby, making her baby the true heir to the throne as well!"

Gendry is a bastard with no proper lineage. Bastards are rarely legitimized in part due to the Blackfire Rebellions that wrecked shit up for generations.

edit - I would expect Faceless Men to be sterile as well, likely from all the poisoning

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
We were discussing the show at lunch per usual. Can't wizard Bran basically just warg into Cersei and have her walk off a fucking cliff? Assuming he stops being worthless, of course.