GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you don't adjust your television's settings and the lighting level of the room for each show that you watch than you are a double peasant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or maybe not make everything uber fucking dark to begin with? It never adds to the tension. I've turned off many movies and shows because of uber darkness.
when AVP2 came out, it flopped , it wasnt because it was an absolutely shit tier movie, (it was) but because it was so fucking dark that you werent even sure there was a a predator in it at all. to this day i dont know what in the name of fuck i was watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
We were discussing the show at lunch per usual. Can't wizard Bran basically just warg into Cersei and have her walk off a fucking cliff? Assuming he stops being worthless, of course.

I think he could only warg into Hordor because he was retarded.

But then he was only retarded because he warged into him.

Hm.

• 2Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We grew up watching GI Joe, Thunder cats, and saved by the bell and ya'll motherfuckers bitching about this TV show that is on par with most block busters.
Just got around to watching this.
I could read 30 more pages now before responding, but here it goes. They promised a battle bigger and better than Helm's Deep, right? Well, that was some pompous boasting, and certainly not backed up. So yes, I'm comparing this to blockbusters and not regular TV. At least in Helm's Deep the defenders were trying to win. Here they opened with pissing away their entire cavalry in a completely futile Charge of the Light Brigade into solid darkness. What outcome did they expect?

There's a reason the viewer wasn't allowed to watch their battle plan making. It would have been the worst dialogue in the history of the series.

Jon: So what is our first move in this defensive battle?
Dany: The Dothraki will charge right into their vanguard and all die, so Sansa has fewer soldiers to feed
Jon: That sounds like a great idea, and then?
Dany: now the Night Kings army has added a few thousand Dothraki corpses to their ranks, we'll do an open field battle in front of the fortifications. Once we lose most of my Unsullied soldiers, we retreat and I'll light the trenches, since I'll totally not be busy just staying alive as a prime target on my Dwagon.
Jon: And then Bran just wins the battle for us, right?
Bran: Yes.

Speaking of Bran, I love how they reset the wood fight scene three times. They get charged by a large number of undead, everyone fires one arrow and is now in melee combat. CUT! Episode moves to a different area. After a few minutes, we're back in the Wood fight. Again all the defenders are completely clear of enemies and use their bows. The undead charge, a melee is about to ensue, and CUT! Back to the castle. They did that shit three times. Unsullied ten lines deep just get overwhelmed, but one guy every 3 yards with a bow apparently can hold against the undead. As long as the camera goes away the moment they don't.

And yeah, I'm one of the "can't see shit captain" crowd, I got a regular 55 minute episode with 25 minutes of "London during heavy fog". I did like at least half of those 55 minutes, though.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
by the way, fireplace crowd of episode two is the survivor crowd, right? Not a single one of them died?

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How do we build drama for the Cersei fight when Arya could just go steal a face and kill her . No matter what they come up with not sure how to have this simple fact not ruin it
Best way to have the mountain kill her exactly like he did Prince Oberyn.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a "theory" out there saying the Night King rabidly wants Bran dead because he uses / is the last one using the tree people magic, like he's still salty about the whole sacrifice / WMD thing. Then again Bran, being a fucking wizard now, uses his magical powers at the pinnacle of the battle of all battles to ... possess some birds to keep an eye about the Night King whereabouts.

The standoff between him and Ice Skeletor doesn't get us more information, they're just checking each others like two teens in a GAP booth. Bran seems oblivious as fuck, Night King had more emotions resisting the dragonfire and everyone else is just dead, watching the show climax and waiting to be dead again.

I'm quite sure they're gonna elude this in the last episodes and focusing about the remaining heroes VS Cersei, while creating "artificial" conflicts between everyone to salt things a bit, and maybe some out of fucking nowhere last minute twist to service the fans and bring "true" values upfront like love, friendship and honor. I hope I'm wrong.
This isn't a bad theory. Minor English point, elude: to escape, allude: suggest.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you don't adjust your television's settings and the lighting level of the room for each show that you watch than you are a double peasant.

You don't need to adjust your TV differently for every single TV lol. This is why calibration services exist - to make sure your TV replicates the reference palette used by film-makers

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is kind of dumb, Sansa has a true redemption arc because she goes from useless and clueless to being one of the more cogent/wise/perceptive/guiled characters while also being quite noble.
That article is unimaginably retarded in 500 different ways, but Sansa is your point of contention?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0dKEy0n.jpg

He should have been there apparently.

• 2Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it amazes me at how much plot armor Pod and Sam possess

I turned to my wife when Sam was a beetle on his back, feebly stabbing at wights and said "he's so done for right there, he'll definitely survive."

This one here, 64 minutes in

vdzP4O8.jpg

• 2Worf

Siliconemelons

I did think it was awesome that heartsbane was this giant 2h sword that sam could barely lug around- and Jorah da explorer just 1h's it like a mad pro

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It was explained in one of the "inside the episode" videos. Previously Winterfell stuff has taken place pre-Winter and been lit with natural light and prop candle-lights. They didn't want the same aesthetic or something

"Although there's no official word yet from HBO or the show's producers, it would seem this low-resolution presentation of the battle was an intentional choice. Robert McLachlan, a cinematographer on "Game of Thrones," seemed to back up that theory, telling the website Insider that in the later seasons the show's producers wanted to try "to be as naturalistic as possible" when it came to lighting the sets. " 'Game of Thrones' looked really dark on Sunday, and we don't just mean the plot

Edit: This article blames the darkness on people not having their sets calibrated. Mine has been professionally colour calibrated, so I know the colours of my set matches as much as possible what the film-makers intended. My biggest gripe was the compression/pixellation.

The cinematographer is either retarded or is a genius who got a % of the sales of the inevitable remastered edition included in his paycheck.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user