Feanor

Karazhan Raider
ybozg3e4z6v21.jpg

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
And that's fine from a show perspective. But you're telling me the 3ER, the ancient enemy of the Night King, has existed for centuries just to be passed to Bran so he could reveal Jon's parentage?

And, you know, led to the death of the Night King who otherwise was going to exterminate all life.

But definitely the mom and dad thing's way more important

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didnt have much of an issue with the darkness (Nvidia Shield and HBO Go), but anyways, memes:

8SmuNYE.jpg

Last edited:
  • 8Worf
  • 2Ice Burn
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was talking predictions last week with a buddy and told him that everytime I get into a show like this the fan theories are way more complex and fitting to the storyline than what the show creators end up choosing.

Turns out all the shit about children of the forest, old-school starks, valyrians, mermen, old gods, new gods, gods of light and the stark/targaryen hybrid, Jon Snow, all fitting together to thwart the Night King is completely BTFO by, "Why don't we just let a fan favorite character stab him in a way that only makes sense if you don't think too hard?".

This is all true, but the conclusion that you should draw is that coming up with complex theories about a tv show is stupid and the only thing stupider is getting mad when you find out that you were wrong. If you think you can write a better story than the people who make tv shows then you should write your own story, not an alternate ending to someone else's. Nothing is easier or less worthy of respect than playing Monday morning quarterback on the internet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I think you're missing the point of the internet!

we are all statler and waldorf down here.

STUPID FROG!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
but it wouldn't surprise me if that other northern house that didn't show up gets flame broiled in a fit of anger

Jon has just cause to execute Lord Glover and they better at least mention it clearly even if it doesn't get its own scene. Be a nice parallel to Ned executing the traitor in the beginning, and be interesting when compared to Robb's misstep in executing Lord Karstark.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Wouldn't it be sansa? Jon renounced, sansa is the stark.

Actually asking. I don't remember last season, and I've already half forgotten episode black.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
just rewatched

nk is the ultimate warg, so powerful it's how he controls the dead

bran's going to dues ex in a couple episodes and warg into a bunch of dead to turn the tide of whatever battle and the final episode will be whoever is sitting on the thrown sends him north to rebuild the wall and/or go into exile, then ??? happens and in thousands of years he's the new nk.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
also, as far as epic-ness, nothing beats the blowing up of the sept, as far as glorious score and death of main chars.

that was the pinnacle of the show

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
It was dark and you couldn't see a lot.

I'm fine with that being an artistic decision. I'm sure it was. They were trying to visually portray the feeling of unease, uncertianty, impending doom. Probably were also using it to cover up seams in the production.

I usually watch tv with the lights on. This episode made me turn the lights off. Couldn't see much, but at the same time that was on purpose I believe.
Sad part is if you watch the special video they made about making the episode( not the one at the end of episode ) then you see just how well lit it REALLY was when they filmed it. They intentionally made it darker to save money on CGI and to hide flaws. Them bitches Pacific Rimmed us.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Possible spoiler. I hear episode 4 begins with Arya turning towards Bran after the victory and Bran saying, " Thank you, and you were beautiful riding the hammer."

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
also, as far as epic-ness, nothing beats the blowing up of the sept, as far as glorious score and death of main chars.

that was the pinnacle of the show

Couldn't agree more. This was also when they ran out of writing material and the writing started to suffer.

Brans story HAS to have SOME kind of fucking payoff, something clever that not many people foresaw. His arc has to have more meaning, it just HAS to.

And hopefully not some stupid NK parallel. But perhaps an interesting element tied into the origins of the 3 eyed raven and house stark/children of the forest/first men.

Arya killing the NK wasnt really a problem, it's just the lack of context surrounding his motives and the stupidity of how it was executed.

I wonder if GRRM had Arya as such an impactful character in his version of ASoIaF. She has dunked on too many people and has now had more impact on the show than any character.

Just a lot of opportunity loss as far as what could have been done. Why rez Jon? Why allude to the long night and all of these prophecies? Azor Ahai?

Jaqen? I mean GoT is still the best TV show ever, it's just insane that it could have been even BETTER if the writing didnt start going hollywood. They lost their way, there is so much shit going on it's almost like they dont even really know how to reconcile a lot of these plot elements.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Couldn't agree more. This was also when they ran out of writing material and the writing started to suffer.

Brans story HAS to have SOME kind of fucking payoff, something clever that not many people foresaw. His arc has to have more meaning, it just HAS to.

And hopefully not some stupid NK parallel. But perhaps an interesting element tied into the origins of the 3 eyed raven and house stark/children of the forest/first men.

Arya killing the NK wasnt really a problem, it's just the lack of context surrounding his motives and the stupidity of how it was executed.

I wonder if GRRM had Arya as such an impactful character in his version of ASoIaF. She has dunked on too many people and has now had more impact on the show than any character.

Just a lot of opportunity loss as far as what could have been done. Why rez Jon? Why allude to the long night and all of these prophecies? Azor Ahai?

Jaqen? I mean GoT is still the best TV show ever, it's just insane that it could have been even BETTER if the writing didnt start going hollywood. They lost their way, there is so much shit going on it's almost like they dont even really know how to reconcile a lot of these plot elements.
its been a long time since i read book 5, but i think she's still in Faceless Men training. alot of our main chars are still across the narrow sea and over in Westeros, Tommen and Myrcella are still alive. there was just starting to get word about the WW taking Hardhome. there were many characters in the books that added much needed flavor to the story. some of the book favorites never made the cut for the TV show. Barristan and Stannis are still alive too. some stuff you guys missed was Cersei's lesbo scene and even dany sort of had one with Missandei. you guys should read the books, but also since the series will never be finished, you really dont need to as well.