GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Along with "Movie length episodes"-- I chuckled.

View attachment 205601

You stupid dense fucks, get off your Ipads.

Sounds like the Game Developer faggots who blame their laggy engines on peoples PC being less than cutting edge. It's call HOME Box Office motherfucker, not IMAX

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
its been a long time since i read book 5, but i think she's still in Faceless Men training. alot of our main chars are still across the narrow sea and over in Westeros, Tommen and Myrcella are still alive. there was just starting to get word about the WW taking Hardhome. there were many characters in the books that added much needed flavor to the story. some of the book favorites never made the cut for the TV show. Barristan and Stannis are still alive too. some stuff you guys missed was Cersei's lesbo scene and even dany sort of had one with Missandei. you guys should read the books, but also since the series will never be finished, you really dont need to as well.

Myrcella is also missing an ear and part of her face in the books.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive actually read the books I was referring to The Winds of Winter and what WOULD happen in his version.

I dont see Arya being the star of the show I just dont. GRRM likes shitting on women too much for him to hand her the keys to the car in the book universe. I bet Jon is the main focus in Martins version. Certainly not any other woman besides Arya, and there is simply no one else besides perhaps Tyrion and Jaime that could have such a role.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'll 100% buy the argument that the compression rate for certain viewing setups washed everything out. but don't start blaming silly things like "our show is just so epic to fit inside commoner level viewing" and "normies just don't know how to set their tv properly"

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ive actually read the books I was referring to The Winds of Winter and what WOULD happen in his version.

I dont see Arya being the star of the show I just dont. GRRM likes shitting on women too much for him to hand her the keys to the car in the book universe. I bet Jon is the main focus in Martins version. Certainly not any other woman besides Arya, and there is simply no one else besides perhaps Tyrion and Jaime that could have such a role.

eh. i'd buy that GRRM had that idea. arya's whole beginning character was fighting against the assumption that girls should be "proper." is it that GRRM is against women in his books? or is it that he's against the fantasy stereotype of the damsel in distress? honestly i don't know or care. GRRM isn't finishing the books. he thinks he is but he doesn't really care anymore. he WOULD have if the show never came out, but it's the very thing that sapped his creativity. he wanted to tell a story and the only medium he had available to him was books. so now that he's been a consultant on the show, his story is told and he'll move on to something different. he'll keep SAYING that he's working on the end, but he won't.

anyone who says he didn't have much input into the current seasons is just being naive. he created the outline and let D&D do all the rest.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If GRRM still gave a fuck about the story, he'd have been working on the books.

Guy is fat, old and rich, the show is loads more popular then the books will ever be, hard to blame him for no longer caring.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I watched it via HBO Go. Looked good.

The only truly retarded thing in GoT was the "let's go north of the wall to get a zombie for Cersei" plot. Everything else has been fantastic and the Winds of Winter is the best episode of television ever made. However, I'm not a book reader, and as such I get to enjoy good TV like a healthy person.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having slept over it, I have to commend them for a few things done well. For example snuffing Baby Mormont, that was the perfect time. We all know how fast kid characters can become 104% annoying and I think Lyanna was reaching that peak during the episode and we would have started to resent her in ep4 onwards. They got the perfect amount of value out of her and even got a solid death scene.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched it via HBO Go. Looked good.

The only truly retarded thing in GoT was the "let's go north of the wall to get a zombie for Cersei" plot. Everything else has been fantastic and the Winds of Winter is the best episode of television ever made. However, I'm not a book reader, and as such I get to enjoy good TV like a healthy person.
Was it retarded because it was an overall insane idea or because they somehow still thought Cersei could be reasoned with?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Was it retarded because it was an overall insane idea or because they somehow still thought Cersei could be reasoned with?

Both. It's inexcusable writing. That's why I roll my eyes at some of the hyperbolic criticism of the last episode and generously chalk it up to booze. If that's how someone felt about the Long Night why were they even watching the show anymore after the north of the wall expedition. It is one billion times worse.

iannis

Musty Nester
Cersie said she'll totally believe us if we take on this suicide mission...

I ignored most of that season, honestly. I like the actor for the high sparrow and i've always liked him. But good lord, that entire kings landing plot (which was 1/2 to 3/5 of the season) was such garbage.

The SHAME bell and the BOOM were the only two parts worth paying attention to.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WeKbTKe.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Jon has just cause to execute Lord Glover and they better at least mention it clearly even if it doesn't get its own scene. Be a nice parallel to Ned executing the traitor in the beginning, and be interesting when compared to Robb's misstep in executing Lord Karstark.

Then Dany will see him do it and disagree, then start questioning her own decisions?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It might just be me but it honestly feels like whatever ultimately happens for the remainder of a season doesn't fucking matter. Who sits on the Iron Throne just seems like such a who gives a fuck compared to battle of all life and death. I'll watch the rest of the of series but this show ejaculated prematurely.

Honk Honk

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i'll 100% buy the argument that the compression rate for certain viewing setups washed everything out. but don't start blaming silly things like "our show is just so epic to fit inside commoner level viewing" and "normies just don't know how to set their tv properly"

It's 100% true, there is a reference colour palette/standard and hundreds of millions of individual TV sets that are calibrated differently

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Both. It's inexcusable writing. That's why I roll my eyes at some of the hyperbolic criticism of the last episode and generously chalk it up to booze. If that's how someone felt about the Long Night why were they even watching the show anymore after the north of the wall expedition. It is one billion times worse.

I agree that the north of the wall was awful, and yes it was a billion times worse. However the impact of it was minimized by the fact that it was just another chapter. The long night was the finale of this story arc. And while I didn't think it was awful, it was just a meh payoff. It's like Ralphie getting his decoder ring after weeks of excited waiting only to find the message was "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." It was just completely anti-climatic despite it being this massive ass battle. They spent six seasons hyping Jon vs Night King up only to have it not happen. None of the white walkers got involved. And Arya became total Deus Ex Machina. It wasn't bad and I'm not saying I want my hour and a half back, but it definitely was nowhere near what it could have been. Hardholme was way better of a battle and episode.

• 4Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's 100% true, there is a reference colour palette/standard and hundreds of millions of individual TV sets that are calibrated differently

Yea I have 0 respect for the Cinematographer who passes blame to the viewer, but I also put most of the blame on the Director, Editor, and other Technical Artists that work with the footage. The Cinematographer doesn't make all the decisions with final output. There is color correction, CGI, and a million other things happening. So I can give him some slack, since honestly, he probably did light it just fine on set, but the levels were lowered or darkened more afterwards.

I've worked with quite a few cinematographers in my younger days and they take immense pride in their work and it's a lot of tedious & hard work setting everything up on set. Then you get some assholes behind a computer screen fucking it all up.

While the director got a ton of credit for pacing & stuff, I do put most the blame about the darkness on him, and any other "higher up" that had control on the final output.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Where did everyone spelling it "HardhoLme" start? It's just "Hardhome," no L.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree that the north of the wall was awful, and yes it was a billion times worse. However the impact of it was minimized by the fact that it was just another chapter. The long night was the finale of this story arc. And while I didn't think it was awful, it was just a meh payoff. It's like Ralphie getting his decoder ring after weeks of excited waiting only to find the message was "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." It was just completely anti-climatic despite it being this massive ass battle. They spent six seasons hyping Jon vs Night King up only to have it not happen. None of the white walkers got involved. And Arya became total Deus Ex Machina. It wasn't bad and I'm not saying I want my hour and a half back, but it definitely was nowhere near what it could have been. Hardholme was way better of a battle and episode.

I guess I never assumed there would be some one-on-one showdown culmination with Jon with him landing the killing blow. Some people in the thread have suggested that it would have been better if the Stark kids had "teamed up" to kill the Night King. As far as I can tell, that's literally what happened. Bran with the plan and giving Arya the dagger, Jon helps dismount him and gravely wounds the dragon, and Arya kills him. They "set up" Arya doing this years in advance so I don't know if that qualifies as Deus Ex Machina.

The "dumb" parts of the episode to me are basically just the battle tactics of Dothraki charging to their death for no explained reason and artillery in front of infantry. The rest of the episode is fantastic. Especially the score.

• 4Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess I never assumed there would be some one-on-one showdown culmination with Jon with him landing the killing blow. Some people in the thread have suggested that it would have been better if the Stark kids had "teamed up" to kill the Night King. As far as I can tell, that's literally what happened. Bran with the plan and giving Arya the dagger, Jon helps dismount him and gravely wounds the dragon, and Arya kills him. They "set up" Arya doing this years in advance so I don't know if that qualifies as Deus Ex Machina.

The "dumb" parts of the episode to me are basically just the battle tactics of Dothraki charging to their death for no explained reason and artillery in front of infantry. The rest of the episode is fantastic. Especially the score.
Oh I didn't need Jon to land the killing blow. In fact I rather enjoyed Arya and the way she did it. However, I was bummed he didn't get a few licks in with his sword.

• 3Like