GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Youd think this would motivate GRRM to get off his fat ass and unfuck what HBO did to his characters and story. I get that he cashed fat checks to let them drop a huge ropey steaming brown snake on his legacy, I woulda took that money too, but I would come back and make them all look like faggot hacks by taking a mulligan with everything they did with their shit show. Fixing this disgrace would have an even better payday I would imagine. This is very far from what fans expected.

the problem is that Dance with Dragons showed GRRM himself has huge issues with the writing. where the TV show oversimplifies and dumbs everything down, GRRM overcomplicates instead, when he needs to simplify and focus down. for each relatively big character he kills off he introduces two more, and dance with dragons barely moved at all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the problem is that Dance with Dragons showed GRRM himself has huge issues with the writing. where the TV show oversimplifies and dumbs everything down, GRRM overcomplicates instead, when he needs to simplify and focus down. for each relatively big character he kills off he introduces two more, and dance with dragons barely moved at all.

Hasn't it been said that the original plan was for a time skip after Swords? So Feast and Dance are the literary equivalent of filler episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least Lohan had mean girls.

Well said.

Mean girls hit with a wide audience.

Sophie Forget has yet to measure up to that blockbuster success, and headline and sell tickets, to her own movie, with her own name and talent.

I can't name any blockbusters that Sophie has under her belt.

And that's the bottom line.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
did you know Winterfell was the first castle in Westeros to get a starbucks franchise? 16:30 in the memento RIP, 16:35 in the amazon rips. A few seconds later there is an extra on their phone...

h6dh2fM.jpg

Oh man woof. That should not exist in one of the final episodes of a flagship HBO show.

This isn't star wars with the coke can. It's not 1978 anymore. Lucas invented lots of stuff so that you could scrub those occasional oversights off your film. He might have lucked into some great scripts, but he was a pioneer of technology.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
At the end of the last episode, they have a Where Are They Now bit that takes place 5 years after the battle for King's Landing. Here's a picture of Arya and Sandor's baby.

8.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaks to the quality and effort they are putting in this last season. Literally sipping Chai lattes while Phoning it in.

It really is about laziness. The overall story is mediocre, not great but serviceable--what kills it is laziness.

Take the ambush scene. Dany losing a dragon to an ambush could have been a tension filled scene that made up sympathize with Dany's mistake and anger. Imagine if that scene had started with most of their ships anchored after a short series of scenes showing them traveling for a week or two. Greyworm is the only one not resting/in camp, he's on a small scout ship at night. He spots the Greyjoy fleet, and runs back to tell Dany that their fleet is anchored in shallows unloading what seems to be supplies, it looks like Cersei is stocking up for a siege and if they continue the supplies it could make the siege much longer and more difficult (Since they don't want to use dragons and kill innocent people). But then you get Davos warning Dany the Greyjoys are experienced seamen and probably wouldn't make that mistake, it might be a trap--only to add "but they might not be accounting for dragons".

Then have Dany actually make a tense choice--does she strike and potentially deal a fatal blow, or does she remain cautious and risk a long, costly siege? Have Dany bet on her dragons--only to find the Greyjoys have hidden those scorpions under brush on large cliffs by the fleet. Show the audience the Euron is hard as fuck, and knows he's sacrificing men to get the dragons close enough to fire on--have the dragons come down, kill a bunch of greyjoy ships and as the one is hovering, THEN have Euron take it out. (Show Dany's side isn't totally incompetent, Euron had to sacrifice a lot to get the shot) The scene actually develops some stakes then, and it makes sense in terms of framing (The audience can now feel good about why the dragons were vulnerable, instead of wondering how the fuck they were being shot from miles away and/or the Dany missed a ton of ships on a clear day..) You might actually get some people debating about whether it was a good call to be bold and attack, or whether she should have been cautious...instead of everyone wondering what the fuck just happened.

I'm sure the above is actually dogshit, I'm not a writer..So I'd have to imagine an actual writer could do so much more to add tension and stakes, and I don't imagine it would take more than 15 minutes of screen time. Instead we got this fucking lazy ass, stupid scene. And that's the problem...so much of the show has become absolutely lazy. It truly is like schlock network TV, its ironically the exact shit Martin ran away from when he went to go write books and quit TV.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

iannis

Musty Nester

Dress is cut way too wide. She looks more like Elvira than Morticia. They are different characters.

Elvira had way bigger tits, she actually filled out her dress. That's on the costume designer, not sophie's body.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
The writers said Dany forgot about Euron's fleet. Dany forgot about one of her primary foes, and Bran likes his chair design.

This is where we are.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I didn't even bother to watch this episode until hours after it aired and from the very start I was only half watching it and by the end I found myself browsing Amazon for cat litter. That says a lot considering I had considered this one of the best series ever or ever will be. GG Hollywood.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Meh, if you cut out the 15 minutes of shitty HBO series no one will watch, the recap of last weeks horribleness and the domino theme entrance and stop at the credits, it is like 24 minutes tops.

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I thought it started off really well, but that last half hour was lulz. Holy shit. Was there anyone who didn't guess Missandei's last word was going to be?!?

I thought she would say "Valar Morghulis"

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
It’s not hard at all to predict those spoilers. It’s all been pretty clearly headed that way.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is the episode that said, "fck we ran out of CGI budget, get rid of that fucking wolf and one dragon to bring down costs"

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users