GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Varys needs to take over. Fuck Dany, Fuck Jon and Fuck Cersei.

Varys is the only leader we truly need.

I feel like they should have flipped the season, and done this throne shit to begin with, and the Night King shit once that had been sorted.

Unless the Night King comes back this is going to end super predictably with Arya killing Cersei, Sandor fighting Zombiemountain and either Jon or Dany dying to resolve the whole crisis.

This has been my sentiments since last season. I actually liked (loved) the sixth season and I thought it did a good job of teeing everything up to finally land the plane. Then they just shit the bed and went crazy spastic on the story. And just as you said, this is due to them trying to shoehorn both major arcs into one concurrent line. I was nervous going into this season due to half of the finale being almost completely wasted. And so far it's been largely justified.

And to top it off, they are doing the thing where they come up with some cool moments first and then try to bend the story to the whim of those moments. This began with the north of the wall episode. The only thing that was important to them was that they were all together and Cersei saw proof that the dead and the night king were real. Uncle Metal (Euron) was a thing) solely to give Dany some adversity, and due to that, dude has some seriously fast ass ships and some pocket portals hidden away. Pretty much the entirety of last episode was written to make two or three cool moments happen (Lights being snuffed out one by one, Arya getting the kill steal).

So yeah last night's episode wasn't all that, but at this point it's impossible for anything to be all that. There's just nothing left. They blew the war of the roses wad early, and have nothing left for that final push after a 5 episode hiatus, since everyone is basically dead at this point. I have been through 72 episodes at this point. By god, I'm sitting out the last 2 but it is disheartening to see how they just couldn't seem to get everything to fall together in a satisfying way with the nearly season and a half they had left.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably one of the worse episodes ever.

Apparently Qyburns mounted Scorpion crossbows are a revolutionary technology that can be manufactured in great numbers and basically destroy a dragon well before it gets into firing range.

LOL.

Its almost like they went through 7 seasons of Dany being the mother of dragons and having these magical, mythical creatures that havent been around for hundreds of years only to find out in the 8th season that technology has caught up to the whole Targ dragon thing so your stupid dragons are useless now lawl. Its like Dany birthed outdated tech, Qyburn just basically created a cheat to defeat dragons. Why even have dragons they can just easily be shot down by hundreds of ballista in fortified/moving platform positions.

Then the whole Bronn thing? Then Jaime abandoning his redemption arc? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I feel like every time they get one thing right, they fuck it up with two bad choices.

Playing the tension with Jon being too honorable for his own good like Ned, good.
Sansa being a twat
Arya fuck offing with the hound, bad.

Jaime and Brianne finally hooking up, showing Jaime has honor and wants to embrace his redemption, good.
Jaime turning heel and giving a leg drop to Brienne in the middle of the night.
Shitting in the entire Jaime storyline, bad,

Shit he could have sat beside Cersei for the last 4 or 5 years with no storyline and his actions being telegraphed would be the same.

He will get jealous of Euron and mad at Cersei for leaving him, she will be crazy and he will have to slay the queen to save the city.

All of that could happen without one hand fighting, dorne, river lands, going north.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Don’t forget the scorpion isn’t just great at killing dragons, it can shred an entire fleet.

Euron could conquer the world with 5 or 6 of them

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s hard to wrap my head around how badly they fucked this story up when they had 3/4 of it handed to them on a silver platter.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 13Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 17 users

Goatface

to the debate a few pages back,
these are certainly not scorpions now, they are about double the size from last time

these are just nutty. even had the time to make ornate ones for the ships

one hand, they have done like 4-6 months of travel in last 6 or so shows
on the other, doesn't appear cersei is even showing

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

I'm guessing the weakness to the scoprions will be angle of fire. In the preview they show Euron looking up, so I am guessing Dany invents dive bombing with the sun behind her to blind anti-aircraft gunfire. They don't look like they can aim straight up

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Scorpion tech > millennia year old dragon species that breathe fire and are magical and mystical creatures that are basically now a miracle in the world.

Tormund just inherits Ghost and goes with wildings. Wheres Nymeria? WHO CARES?!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That episode was odd.

The way Jon left Ghost pissed me the fuck right off. The Dire Wolf is the Sigil of the house and you show that kind of respect towards it?? That was the first problem. The second involves being a fucking human being. That wolf saved your ass and fought for you in battles that had nothing to do with his kind. He was one of your best friends and you choose not to bring him a long?? Fucking idiot.

The Balista technology with built in guidance systems are amazing. The kind of power it would take to send arrows with that kind of force would literally take magic. If that kind of magic exists, then why do regular bows not possess that potential? If you have weapons like this, why do you not just go ahead and slaughter the small group of people in front of you with the Dragon Woman? Cersei has rail guns and she chooses NOT to use them?..Oh and the Dragon was not far enough away. If you look at the distance they shot at her over the water and consider elevation, Dany's Dragon could have been killed right there on the ground.

Something revolving around sabotaging the super weapons is coming.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

velk

Trakanon Raider
The Balista technology with built in guidance systems are amazing. The kind of power it would take to send arrows with that kind of force would literally take magic. If that kind of magic exists, then why do regular bows not possess that potential? If you have weapons like this, why do you not just go ahead and slaughter the small group of people in front of you with the Dragon Woman? Cersei has rail guns and she chooses NOT to use them?..Oh and the Dragon was not far enough away. If you look at the distance they shot at her over the water and consider elevation, Dany's Dragon could have been killed right there on the ground.

Heh, that'd be a series of lucky shots - for fucking guided missiles. Star Wars called to ask Qyburn for tips because their ship to ship weapons don't have that kind of range or accuracy.

• 3Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cercei also had a dozen bows ready to shoot Tyrion but somehow didn't, after sending an assassin after him not half an hour before.

• 2Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
These fucks have gone too far now, Starbucks dropping their products in is the last straw for me on this abortion of a season.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Even my wife, who is like the ultimate normie with TV shows, thought this episode was lame. This is not the time for episodes to go DOWN in quality. I'm trying so hard to not be terribly disappointed, but what a clown show this is turning into. This bitch is on dragons and can't see Euron's fleet from the air at any point during his approach to KL? C'mon, son.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still think the biggest thing that pissed me off about the episode was Ghost. The wolf was the most loyal of them all and basically almost died in the Dothraki charge and Jon just walks away and doesn't even give him a proper goodbye. It's also jarring how for 8 years there has been this constant shadow of the Night King and undead and this episode it's like it all never existed.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was annoyed Jon didn't hug Ghost, but I feel like it was supposed to be Jon's way of convincing himself that he'll be back. No need to say goodbye, etc.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I was annoyed Jon didn't hug Ghost, but I feel like it was supposed to be Jon's way of convincing himself that he'll be back. No need to say goodbye, etc.

I wish that was true, I think it's more budget cost cutting. It cost money for Jon to hug the dog.

Just like getting rid of a dragon saves them money next two episodes.