GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well having the part of the army on the boats get decimated, might have altered the plans a bit. As far as the distance, that would be why Jon's part of the army had not arrived. I am not sure why the forces got divided but that is how they went with it. I would have stayed on land all the way just because there WAS an iron fleet waiting for them.

It is shit writing that has no clue on even simple battle strategies.

But didn’t you hear everyone forgot they had an iron fleet? Their plan was rock fucking solid until the fleet showed up!

Oldbased

> Than U
Watching it again because I only half way watched it last night. I am past the rage over the heat seeking balista bolts on dragons, but the part where they go through ships at distance made me rip off the head of my Misedrama doll, just like the Mountain did.
The next scene though where Syrupci is overlooking Kings Landing and Qbert says they are all thankful for protection within the walls of the keep is a key but already known suggestion. You see people heading into the city. I would guess that scene was put in to show Ayra walked in unnoticed. Probably while wearing a whore mask. 2.0

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Why cant the dragons react to anything? why do they not act like an animal OR EVEN A PERSON.

Take a giant spear? keep on course? okay.... take another to the wing? nah dont move or dive or turn or ANYTHING just wait for the one in the neck, ahh there is its....sweet peace at last - bye now, only sleep.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Why cant the dragons react to anything? why do they not act like an animal OR EVEN A PERSON.

Take a giant spear? keep on course? okay.... take another to the wing? nah dont move or dive or turn or ANYTHING just wait for the one in the neck, ahh there is its....sweet peace at last - bye now, only sleep.
He didn't die, he decided to go spear fishing with his new rods.

• 1Like
  • 1Rimshot

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Watching it again because I only half way watched it last night. I am past the rage over the heat seeking balista bolts on dragons, but the part where they go through ships at distance made me rip off the head of my Misedrama doll, just like the Mountain did.
The next scene though where Syrupci is overlooking Kings Landing and Qbert says they are all thankful for protection within the walls of the keep is a key but already known suggestion. You see people heading into the city. I would guess that scene was put in to show Ayra walked in unnoticed. Probably while wearing a whore mask. 2.0

Entire armies and ships are just teleporting around at will. Do you really think they'd go to that much bother to give Arya a visible method to get into the castle? It was just there to setup using the populace as a shield.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Gendry is going to be King at the end of this, maybe with Arya as Queen.
Thanks for reminding me about one of the dumbest scenes in the show. Arya and Gendry get it on the night before they expect to die (makes sense). Gendry falls for her, his long time friend who he finally got to bang (makes sense). After a sudden turn of fortune he realizes he's now in a position to ask for the hand of a Lord's daughter, so he asks her to marry him (makes sense).

And Arya's like "eh, for no particular reason I'm gonna say no and just go off on an adventure instead". No tension, no inner turmoil over the decision, just "lol nope, later"

I'm still not sure which was worse - Brienne hooking up with and then getting dumped by Jaime (she was obviously supposed to be with Tormund, it was the only logical conclusion to her arc), or Arya "lol nope"ing Gendry's proposal.

One thing I know for sure -- Ep 4 was 10x worse than Ep 3. I wonder how much farther they can sink.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
She has been irrational in the past, turning some folks into toast and such.

I predicted she'd go batshit and march that no-dick dude (not varys, the other remaining one, he is more vanguard) into his death, causing Missandei to poison her, perhaps its the other way around though.

Ive been arguing this shit for years with people. She doesnt give a FUCK about anything other than being the queen of westeros. Sure she isn't the outright personal bitch to match Cersei but she's killed how many people? She'll kill anyone who dares get in her way of taking what is rightfully hers. All that night king shit was just a sidetrack on the way to Kings Landing, just like everything that happened in essos, an entire half continent she curbstomped then peaced out on to go rule a place she'd never even really seen. Rhaegar himself could rise from the grave and she'd tell him to piss off so she could have that throne.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well?? What better time to introduce her than the FINAL EPISODE where she pops out and wraps her hands around Cerseis neck while mumbling "my children..". They can do a 30 min flashback showing her floating in the river, then getting marooned on the shore where that red priest rezzes her, etc.

Then fade to black.

There we go, very bittersweet with a TWIST.

<iframe src="Damon Wayans Snaps In Z Formation GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>
Lady Stoneheart was Caitlyn Stark, Beric gives his life force to rez her corpse by the river, neither of things happened or can happen now.

• 1Picard

Goatface

real test of teleportation will be Jamie.
team danny by boat should have taken 2 weeks or so
Team Jon, should take about a month, realistically marching an army should take twice that long
so he should show up almost 3 weeks after jon

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Thanks for reminding me about one of the dumbest scenes in the show. Arya and Gendry get it on the night before they expect to die (makes sense). Gendry falls for her, his long time friend who he finally got to bang (makes sense). After a sudden turn of fortune he realizes he's now in a position to ask for the hand of a Lord's daughter, so he asks her to marry him (makes sense).

And Arya's like "eh, for no particular reason I'm gonna say no and just go off on an adventure instead". No tension, no inner turmoil over the decision, just "lol nope, later"

I'm still not sure which was worse - Brienne hooking up with and then getting dumped by Jaime (she was obviously supposed to be with Tormund, it was the only logical conclusion to her arc), or Arya "lol nope"ing Gendry's proposal.

One thing I know for sure -- Ep 4 was 10x worse than Ep 3. I wonder how much farther they can sink.

I dunno, though I found the whole Gendry lovestruck scene cringe, I wasn't surprised by Arya's response. You don't train to be an assassin just to immediately take early retirement and become a powdered Lady. Not to mention, right from the start Arya has shown nothing but derision for "ladies", why would she want to become one?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

The worse part about all the travel is not that they do not SHOW the travel - we can just get over that and assume there was X time between Y and Z.

But...the fact the SirSeaNotAVilliene has been preggers for like a year and a half and no show... same with Sam's woman as they said they did it back in old towne

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
They literally said Jon was going to be there in 14 days after Danny got to dragonstone. So probably around a month total.

Some of you spergs watch this show on mute.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen

Except she literally reiterates a phrase she uses in the very first episode, 'it's not me', thus maintaining the consistency of her character from the very beginning of the show. She wanted to bang Gendry. That doesn't mean she wants to settle down and be a lady. When she sees her Direwolf in the forest in season 7, she tells it to come back home with her and it walks away. She watches it leave and says "it's not you". She and her direwolf are the same archetypes. This isn't 'no particular reason'. It's the jist of her entire character. You guys need to be more careful with your complaints

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
How did Dany & Crew get from Dragonstone to Kings Landing anyway if their fleet was destroyed? It doesn't show that the entire fleet was destroyed, but it would have had to been if Euron was able to get fro-girl out of the water. And why wouldn't he finish off the rest of the survivors, or blockade Dragonstone? Why the fuck do I have to ask these questions instead of some sense of cohesion being demonstrated in the show? None of any of this makes sense anymore. It's all a bunch of wibbly wobbly timey wimey incoherent bullshit. This is one magical xylophone scene after another.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Ive been arguing this shit for years with people. She doesnt give a FUCK about anything other than being the queen of westeros. Sure she isn't the outright personal bitch to match Cersei but she's killed how many people? She'll kill anyone who dares get in her way of taking what is rightfully hers. All that night king shit was just a sidetrack on the way to Kings Landing, just like everything that happened in essos, an entire half continent she curbstomped then peaced out on to go rule a place she'd never even really seen. Rhaegar himself could rise from the grave and she'd tell him to piss off so she could have that throne.

The series has been her turn from a naive little girl to a power hungry ruler. She's been on a downslide since season 1. I'm not sure how anyone would think this is a sudden crazy turn

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
She has been irrational in the past, turning some folks into toast and such.

I predicted she'd go batshit and march that no-dick dude (not varys, the other remaining one, he is more vanguard) into his death, causing Missandei to poison her, perhaps its the other way around though.

Right, no idea how people can think it's from out of nowhere.

She's also believed she's the rightful heir and she'd make the best ruler, both of which she now knows is false.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Of all the dumb scenes in this episode, Arya turning him down without hesitation wasn't one of them. It made perfect sense - she said she's no lady back in season 1 and has never dreamed of being the wife of any lord like Sansa did.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Szlia

The show is certainly not without flaws, but I wonder what show the people are watching when I read some of the comments.

- Brienne and Jamie have been attracted to each other for ages. Did you forget Jamie at his most vulnerable crying in Brienne's arms? Jamie wishes he could be with Brienne, but he can't break free from Cersei.

- Arya is no lady. That's basically the main attribute of the character. So how is her turning down the opportunity to be a lady not logical?

- Bran's job in the battle was to be the goat supposed to lure the tiger. He did just that.

- The Night King lieutenant did nothing, because they really had nothing to do. Why would they engage some heroes when they can just drown them in undeads?

- The Night King is dead so nothing else matter? The whole point of the damn story is the infighting and plotting in a time when people should unite against a big threat. Notice how the latest episode is all about the infighting and plotting resuming merely hours after the big threat is nullified (this reminded me of one of the best french fantasy novel called 'Gagner la guerre' - Winning the War - that is all about the political scheming that goes on just after a war is won).

- The dragons suck. That's kinda the point of the story here again. There is a theme of the re-enchantment of the world, but instead of going all high fantasy, the revived glorious past breaks its teeth against logistics and modernity.

- But but the prophecies??? Again, subverting a fantasy trope, prophecies suck and are highly unreliable. Remember Stannis?

- Tyrion shares Jon's secret with Varys? Of course he does. They are advisers to the queen. To do their job properly they can't hide things from each other, especially things as critical as this.

Now I agree that a flying dragon being ambushed by ships is dumb and there was a number of ways to make it less so (like having the dragons spotting the fleet, attacking it, but being surprised by the ballistae). I also agree that the military strategy in Winterfell was more than dubious and I feel they sorta missed the opportunity in the show to have the humans well prepared for a conventional battle but being helpless because conventional tactics don't work against a sea of undeads. I guess they kinda tried to do it (and when the first wave of undeads hit the human defenses that instantly crumble I thought the whole battle would last 2 min, which would have been pretty crazy - but not very satisfying) but the human strategy was too poor for the effect to really work.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
While we're all bitching, I want to add another complaint! Bronn just walking into Winterfell with a massive crossbow and enter the quarters where Jaime and Tyrion are. Good security!

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users