GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
okay, take someone like varys, who has said from the beginning that he serves the realm. him being a servant to the baratheons, then the lannisters, then to dany and now seemingly to jon... it makes sense. he wants what's best for westeros. he wants a good ruler and for the people to be taken care of. dany says she wants to free people from tyanny but behaves identically to a tyrant. she always has. bend the knee or i'll burn you down.

she comes to mereen (or whatever the slaving city was) and just outright demands the slaver's change their entire culture around or she'll kill them all. at the time she had the strongest known claim to the throne of westeros, but girl, you aren't in westeros. you have ZERO authority there. yeah, i get it, slavery is bad, but so are illegal occupations. you just walked into a foreign city with no understanding of it's culture and demanded that it change overnight or you'll burn it to the ground. she trades her dragon for a small group of unsullied, then immediately goes back on the deal, burns the salesman and steals the rest of the unsullied.

she is a ruthless sociopath who fell in love with her own destiny. this isn't an out of character turn. she absolutely does not care about the people, she never has. the only times she has ever shown compassion has been tactical maneuvers to get the commonfolk to fall in love with her.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Fadaar

That guy
I thought the Bronn scene was total fucking cringe and nothing but a setup for him to do something that's going to really piss us all off in one of the remaining episodes.

Nah I think they were using that as his into-the-sunset scene, same with Tormund's conversation with Jon. Unless there's epilogue stuff post-battle I don't think we'll see those two again.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
okay, take someone like varys, who has said from the beginning that he serves the realm. him being a servant to the baratheons, then the lannisters, then to dany and now seemingly to jon... it makes sense. he wants what's best for westeros. he wants a good ruler and for the people to be taken care of. dany says she wants to free people from tyanny but behaves identically to a tyrant. she always has. bend the knee or i'll burn you down.

she comes to mereen (or whatever the slaving city was) and just outright demands the slaver's change their entire culture around or she'll kill them all. at the time she had the strongest known claim to the throne of westeros, but girl, you aren't in westeros. you have ZERO authority there. yeah, i get it, slavery is bad, but so are illegal occupations. you just walked into a foreign city with no understanding of it's culture and demanded that it change overnight or you'll burn it to the ground. she trades her dragon for a small group of unsullied, then immediately goes back on the deal, burns the salesman and steals the rest of the unsullied.

she is a ruthless sociopath who fell in love with her own destiny. this isn't an out of character turn. she absolutely does not care about the people, she never has. the only times she has ever shown compassion has been tactical maneuvers to get the commonfolk to fall in love with her.

Did you also write the blog post about how Harry Potter was the true antagonist of the series?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Did you also write the blog post about how Harry Potter was the true antagonist of the series?

ha. uh, no, i don't have any idea what blog post you're talking about but i'd love to read it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

she clearly doesnt even want to serve as a queen, her most famous line was breaking the wheel, when she was queen in Mereen, she fucked off. doesnt care or possess the competetncy for the day to day aspects of ruling, she just digs the conquering people and making them do what she wants them to do aspect of it. which is not uncommon. Alexander The Great being one example.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he locked her ex-sex instructor and the big black dude in a pitch black vault to slowly die because they fucked with her.

By fucked with her do you mean betrayed her, kidnapped her dragons, and murdered a bunch of her men? Doreah fucking personally strangled Irri in a cut scene.

You guys are crazy defending this villain swerve for Dany, unless y'all read the spoilers (which I haven't) and you're just nostradouching us. I was tired of Dany because she was always such an idealistic twat, yeah her justice was harsh but it was always fair. She was just boring. Burning the Tarlys was a bizarre turn that did not fit her at all, on top of the fact that the scene itself was fucking stupid because RANDYL TARLY WAS A FUCKING TRAITOR AND DESERVED DEATH.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

7 seasons with no hint that Dany might be some mad deranged bitch and now out of the blue
I don't know about that.
Dany has been shown to have a MASSIVE EGO. And be unspeakably cruel to others that are in her way or have slighted her. Most of those cases up until Sams brother/dad have been more or less deserving of it... but not 100%. the witch who probably but not 100% certainly was poisoning Drogo got, goted by miss "breaker of chains" except when they were slaves to my husband.
She has always been about mah dragons, and giving zero shits about what or who they eat.
She already gave zero shit about who the Dothraki were going to rape and pillage, as long as they got her, her throne.
She conquered how many cities while heading East, and abandoned them all.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Nah I think they were using that as his into-the-sunset scene, same with Tormund's conversation with Jon. Unless there's epilogue stuff post-battle I don't think we'll see those two again.

Seems like a pointless plot mechanic though. There are cleaner ways to give him a send off than a crossbow assassination scheme

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
By fucked with her do you mean betrayed her, kidnapped her dragons, and murdered a bunch of her men? Doreah fucking personally strangled Irri in a cut scene.

You guys are crazy defending this villain swerve for Dany, unless y'all read the spoilers (which I haven't) and you're just nostradouching us. I was tired of Dany because she was always such an idealistic twat, yeah her justice was harsh but it was always fair. She was just boring. Burning the Tarlys was a bizarre turn that did not fit her at all, on top of the fact that the scene itself was fucking stupid because RANDYL TARLY WAS A FUCKING TRAITOR AND DESERVED DEATH.

Cut their heads off or hang them. A person with a non-sadistic functioning brain, even in GoT land, does not lock people in a darkened money vault as punishment. Contrast her doling out punishment with Ned Stark

I haven't read spoilers. I wouldn't be a dick and sneak stuff in without spoiler tags if I did

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
From the start of the story she's been blindly chasing a throne she's never seen all in the name of her "right" to own it, with dreams of the citizens of westeros flocking to her because she's their "rightful" queen. Everything since has been an endless path of carnage in her wake in pursuit of that throne. That her acts have harmed shitty people is irrelevant. She is no better than Cersei or any of the rest. They're all power-hungry people chasing what they think is their rights, with only a few exceptions such as Jon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

one of the spoilers has bronn doing something big before all is done.
I bet he bags his second dragon.(this is not really a known spoiler, just me assuming the third dragon has to die somehow)

Last edited:

j00t

honestly, i don't even use the tarly scene as any kind of proof of anything. WE know him to be a douche so we're kind of happy he gets killed for sam's sake. we also know that he's all kind of flippy-floppy politically and had a huge part in the lannister's gaining power, so we're kind of happy he gets killed for everyone's sake. but dany shouldn't really know any of that. she shouldn't know he had any part in anything other than the battle she just captured him in. dany walks around like she's wikipedia on westerosi politics but it's all based solely on what her brother told her. it's a scene that existed solely to give sam a reason to encourage jon against dany, that's it.

honestly, i think it's been obvious for a long time that she's been flirting with her old man's legacy. i just wasn't sure if that was supposed to be part of her redemption arc or part of her downfall.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
but dany shouldn't really know any of that. she shouldn't know he had any part in anything other than the battle she just captured him in. dany walks around like she's wikipedia on westerosi politics but it's all based solely on what her brother told her.

House Tarly had been one of the primary bannermen of House Tyrell for decades, they fought FOR House Targaryen during Robert's Rebellion. Unless we're assuming she had literally NO education about Westeros growing up (possible since they were probably focusing on Viserys) OR from any of her current advisors knowledgeable about Westeros, there's no fucking way she wouldn't have known who Randyl Tarly was.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users