GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know, honestly. maybe the books are much clearer on that, but at least in the show she says her only education is what her brother told her. i'll admit that one of her advisers could have pretty easily told her what was going on off camera, but her practical knowledge of running a kingdom seems extremely limited

j00t

i felt similarly, but her being a virgin was nothing surprising. i felt shame that this legit strong woman, is now some schlocky weeping ex girlfriend. only thing missing is the ice cream binging with her fat girlfriends while watching The Notebook.

yeah, i think it would have been much better if when tyrion points it out during the game, she just drinks. like it's something that she just doesn't care about. brienne has been a great character because she's atypical. she's this beast of a woman who is more concerned with honor and justice... i mean she has to be CONVINCED on SEVERAL occasions to have a drink.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, i think it would have been much better if when tyrion points it out during the game, she just drinks. like it's something that she just doesn't care about. brienne has been a great character because she's atypical. she's this beast of a woman who is more concerned with honor and justice... i mean she has to be CONVINCED on SEVERAL occasions to have a drink.
oh well. at least we'll always have Vasquez.
tenor.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The virgin scene was put in simply as an intro for her and Jaime fucking. It was as subtle as a scene with Pod revolving around his dick/fucking skills. It was cringey, hack writing that really detracted from Brienne. That's the sort of shit the men who tormented her in the past would have pulled, and could only have been done well with a better line, and a less blunt delivery from Dinklage/the director.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Listen if that's the way you want to interpret it that's up to you. For me there was an actual reason for what she did in that the decision to not do said thing would negatively affect her. If as now being rumored she's going to be so crazy that she needs to be shanked then I'm sorry but that is a clear turn for the character and not what either the books or the show had clearly been building up to until this point.
Um I have thought she was going to end up as the Mad Queen for years. It's hardly a big turn.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Um I have thought she was going to end up as the Mad Queen for years. It's hardly a big turn.

Then we haven't been watching the same show because she had clearly been set up as every bit as much of a 'chosen one' as Jon has, and it wasn't until there became danger of two chosen ones clashing that they started shoehorning in the Mad Queen turn.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Then we haven't been watching the same show because she had clearly been set up as every bit as much of a 'chosen one' as Jon has, and it wasn't until there became danger of two chosen ones clashing that they started shoehorning in the Mad Queen turn.

White knight her character all you want, D&D aren't going to fuck you.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
On the show it wasn't as blatant as in the books but she was starting to color outside the lines a bit.

Burning alive is not usually an acceptable form of punishment for nobles. See the first rebellion.

j00t

i think YOU aren't watching the same show as the rest of us if this is all a big surprise to you.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

The books it was blatant that she was going to be her father? I don't re-read the books every year so I guess maybe as I age my memory is getting worse but this would be news to me as far as my understanding of where she is as a character and again news to the show runners who didn't set this up at all to almost anybody aside from the people claiming they now knew all along this was possible.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The books it was blatant that she was going to be her father? I don't re-read the books every year so I guess maybe as I age my memory is getting worse but this would be news to me as far as my understanding of where she is as a character and again news to the show runners who didn't set this up at all to almost anybody aside from the people claiming they now knew all along this was possible.
Well I started thinking that was how it was going to go from the time she got power. So book 3 or 4?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The virgin scene was put in simply as an intro for her and Jaime fucking. It was as subtle as a scene with Pod revolving around his dick/fucking skills. It was cringey, hack writing that really detracted from Brienne. That's the sort of shit the men who tormented her in the past would have pulled, and could only have been done well with a better line, and a less blunt delivery from Dinklage/the director.

Pod is a virgin though. He drank when Tyrion called out Brienne.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont even know what we're discussing anymore, dany hasnt done anything villainous yet outside of her usual burn fuckers alive for wronging her trick. the spoilers for next week may or not be true. but lets get to that point first, ok?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
The books are also written from HER perspective. This is a villain arc, she's been unhinged for a while yelling about her birthright and her throne. She would have burnt several cities to the ground at this point if her advisors hadn't talked her out of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user